The Muppets 50th Anniversary

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
and sarah and bill baretta leave holding hands....beauregard...i couldn't have said it better myself!

Sarah

Fuzzyshine

Reaction score
:big_grin: I think it's a fantastic idea also. I still have a portion of the original Muppets 30th anniversary recorded. The last portion, you know, the portion my dad didn't record over!
I would love to see them all again and go over all the memories. But, if you want to make it like the last one, then I think it should be solely the muppets that, I guess you would say old school. Like Muppet show, Fraggles Sesame street, Muppets tonight,
The Creature shop and Farscape things are kind of there own league. If you want them to be included I think you should do like a special dedicated to all the wonders of the Jim Henson Co. Then you could put in Farscape and even Yoda!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
and sarah and bill baretta leave holding hands....beauregard...i couldn't have said it better myself!

Sarah
yeesh...i think i'm going to be sick!

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, Warrick, this has been promoted to IMPORTANT!!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Well Yoda is in no way or form a Muppet, His only connection is that Frank Oz performed him.

I was thinking they could call the Special 'Muppets, Monsters and Magic: A Celebration of 50 Years'.

There was a touring Exhibition with the 'Muppets, Monsters and Magic' name, And i think its a really good title.

Oh, and this is an important discussion. We need to let Henson know what we are expecting to see for the 50th !

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think some certain projects should be excluded, espcially Alien in the Family. It was a cute show, just not one of the stronger parts of the Henson Resume....

But should the woman from Donna's Day be a speaker or something since her show is Henson Produced?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tooth,

Yeah, I think Donna Erickson should also be present.
Maybe not let her talk to much tho - LOL!

But she should be there with some Muppets around her.

I think Aliens In The Family should be there, Even tho it wasnt a hit.
We're not celebrating 'The Muppets: The Hits They Had In 50 Years', We're celebrating 50 Years of The Muppets !

Remember when the Little Muppet Monsters gang was on The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years ?

They even had there own little segment, And they sung a verse of 'Rainbow Connection' !

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... the Aliens in the Family thing was sort of a joke in my last post... that and Donna's Day. They had like a few episodes on PBS (they are thinking of ordering the episodes, I guess) and she's high as a kite. I'd hate for her to be my mom....

They showed 3 clips with the Muppets (The Chef, Rizzo, and Kermit) but they weren't in any of the eps they showed (it was during pledge month)

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I think some certain projects should be excluded, espcially Alien in the Family. It was a cute show, just not one of the stronger parts of the Henson Resume....

Seriously. You dont celebrate the Henson Company by including characters from a show that was a complete a utter failure, no matter how concise you want a 50th Anniversary show to be.

Little Muppet Monsters (I think) was brand new and yet to be cancelled when the 30th Anniversary Show was made.