The Muppets 50th Anniversary

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What we should do is do a this is youre life type of think with the muppets bringing back the old characters as well as memorable moments from the muppets for 50 years!
:confused: HOW do YOU like?
from
BARRY LEE :rolleyes:

Pino

Reaction score
Or what about making several shown. Like 10-12 all a half hour and in those shows they put a subject in it. somthing like:

1 The Muppetshow, behind the scenes and how it started
2 Sesamestreet, (unpaved)
3 Sesamestreet Oversea and its projects
4 Fraggle rock explored
5 etc etc....

This way they can sell all shows as dvd when it was broadcasted and I bet it will be a succes.. specially in europe!
This because many people in france and spain havent seen it since the 80´s But who I meet have good memories off it
:big_grin: :halo: :flirt: :rolleyes: :zany:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
THE MUPPETS 50TH Aniversary

Is the muppets has the best of the muppets show includes some outtakes and bloopers of the muppets show and movies that the muppets were in. please tell me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Basically, what I see some are posting and is a good idea, is if there were some kind of series about behind the scenes stuff! that would be cool, like was said with outtakes and bloopers; could be (as mentioned) a 30 minute weekly show called:

Beneath The Muppets.

(If only there were a 24/7 Henson Channel!)

Reaction score
thAT'S is a great idea just as long as Sweetums interrupts Fozzie again and makes him show a clip of the monsters and Crazy Harry explosions except the video be longer and have Crazy Harry blow up a big monster. That has never been seen b4 on the muppets. Crazy blowin up Sweetums or Doglion or Timmy. NEVER!!!! That is a site to see everyone!!!!! :crazy:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I've just re-read this whole thread and it's facinating seeing how people were scared that the Muppets would never return to the Henson's. Anyway now that we know that the Muppets are indeed under Henson ownership once again it does seem likly to me that something big will happen for the 50th Anniversary but I doubt it's a special, the Muppet's havn't done one of those in ages, the closest thing I can see being made is a direct to video/DVD type of thing.

Anyway here's an idea, instead of havng the same style that was used in the 30th Special which was great by the way, how about having the Muppets (Kermit, Piggy etc...) performing in the Muppet thearter, the only diffrence from any normal show is that the audiance is made up of SS, Fraggle, BITBBH etc... Character's, instead of simply having one guest star, they have as many possible (which I doubt they could archieve if this goes straight to video/DVD, so lets just pretend for a while that it is indeed a special) and this time it'll be a whole hour show.

Clips from past Henson projects can still be shown, Big Bird could maybe come on stage for a while, new dance numbers and skits could be performed using this oppotunity to take advantage of crossovers.

so what do you all think?

lili

Reaction score
there should be a huge musical finale using every single henson creature ever created, like the end of the muppet movie, but bigger cause there's been so much stuff done... and all the guest stars (that are still alive), the sesame st cast, all of the creatures created for other films by the creature workshop... it would be HUGE.

and that way everyone could be in it, but we don't necessarily have to hear from the ones that weren't all that successful...

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Kermit Turning 50 and not gray hair (Frogs do not have hair)

Warrick said:
Hey Guys,
We all know that The Muppets 50th Anniversary is coming up soon, and it needs to be marked with something special!

I think that there should be a Special made similar to ‘The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years’ , With The Muppet Show cast as the hosts.

A ballroom full of tables, and floors on different levels with chandeliers and curtains and everything, all decorated really classy.
On each table is a different group of Muppets from certain productions. There should be at least four Muppets there to represent each production.

Muppets should be represented from these Productions –

• Sam and Friends
  • Tales of The Tinkerdee
  • Hey Cinderella
  • The Great Santa Claus Switch
  • The Frog Prince
  • Muppet Musicians of Bremen
  • Saturday Night Live's 'Land of Gorch'
  • Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
  • The Tale of The Bunny Picnic
  • Jim Henson's Christmas Toy
  • Puppetman
  • Fraggle Rock
  • The Storyteller
  • The Jim Henson Hour
  • Jim Henson's Play Along Video Series
  • Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters
  • The Ghost Of Faffner Hall
  • Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories
  • Dinosaurs
  • Aliens In the Family
  • Jim Henson's Dog City
  • The Brats of Lost Nebula
  • CityKids
  • Jim Henson's Animal Show
  • Billy Bunny's Animal Songs
  • The Wubbulous World of Dr Seuss
  • Jim Henson's The Hoobs
  • Jim Henson's Mopatops Shop
  • Telling Stories of Tommie Depaola
  • Jim Henson's Bear In The Big Blue House
  • Jim Henson's Construction Site
  • Jim Henson's Animal Jam
  • Farscape
  • Labyrinth
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird
  • Muppet Treasure Island
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Muppets From Space
  • Muppets Tonight
  • Sesame Street

• And Muppet Babies too, They would have to be Puppet or worked in some other way though.

There should also be a table with Muppets that Henson have made for other companies like Flat Eric, Bad Andy, Monkey and more sitting around it.

They could show clips of most of the shows, and just really do what they did with ’The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years’ , But just update it.

Does anyone have any thing else to add?

I would like to state that it will be great that The muppets are turning 50. but lets try to remember the man that started it Jim Henson. My First muppet momment that I saw was on Sesame Street. It was maha na maha na. The I saw it again on The Muppet Show. :smile: I would like to ask is disney or tri star producing more videos and if so this is what I would like to see.
The best of Sam and Friends.
Tales of Tinkerede
The Great Santa Claus Switch
Muppets on puppets.
The Muppet Aperances (from steve allen'show- to Arsino Hall) :confused:
and since they are bringing out the special dvd's like Mash seasons 1-5 why not
The Muppet Show-collectors editon seasons 1-5 (with some extras)
Fraggle Rock-collectors editon seasons (1- ?)
The Muppet Babies-collecors editon seasons (1-?)

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
Well, our speculation for this special will be a lot different with the Disney purchase. I hope they'll have the sense to give the anniversary proper treatment. You need the Muppet Show. You need Sesame. You need Fraggles. You need Bear. As much as the hardcore fans love those minor characters, they won't be there. If Disney gives us the bare essentials and does it right, I'll be happy. We need classic clips of Jim and Richard to represent them along with new material from the surviving performers. But most of all, we need to see :smile: , :stick_out_tongue:, and :smirk: together.
As much as many of you may hate it, the only company that can possibly produce this is Disney. Sesame Workshop and Henson can't afford Disney's prices for their Muppets. Let's hope Disney will give this anniversary the same treatment as they've given Walt's 100th birthday recently.