The Muppets 50th Anniversary

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's also more worthy of a 2-hour special than a 30-minute or one-hour deal, if you ask me! If nothing on TV, then at least some kind of commemorative DVD/VHS deal that takes you through the whole 50 years of the Muppets' history, starting with a bio about Jim and his plights from Mississippi to Washington, from Sam and Friends to The Muppet Show and more!

Yessiree, they should do an all-out blow-out on this thing. 50 Years is a LONG time!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pwease, Mr Disney, pwease gwive us a widdle muppet 50 yeaws celebration, pwease...

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
BTW, do you think Roy Disney will succeed in booting Eisner? I think so.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think the stock holders already all voted to have Eisner step down, didn't they? That's what I remembered them doing. He's still on the board, just not in the same position.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Do disney own sam and friends and shows like that? or do henson still have them?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if they bought the entire Muppet library, I would think Disney owns Sam and Friends, too. After all, that's where Kermit got his start, and some of the characters from that also appeared on Ed Sullivan and more...

pollick529

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea for the 50th Anniversary if they released a commemorative DVD box set of "Sam & Friends" to show Kermit's humble beginnings. :excited: Wouldn't that prove to be a great collector's item? :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would wish SOOOO hard for a complete Sam and Friends on DVD!! If not, they just don't know what they're missing!

Same thing works in the Fraggle world. I'd gladly pay $60 or $70 per season DVD set for the Fraggles, or TMS!! Companies just miss out on so much revenue by not giving us what we want!