1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets 50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

It's also more worthy of a 2-hour special than a 30-minute or one-hour deal, if you ask me! If nothing on TV, then at least some kind of commemorative DVD/VHS deal that takes you through the whole 50 years of the Muppets' history, starting with a bio about Jim and his plights from Mississippi to Washington, from Sam and Friends to The Muppet Show and more!

Yessiree, they should do an all-out blow-out on this thing. 50 Years is a LONG time!
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Pwease, Mr Disney, pwease gwive us a widdle muppet 50 yeaws celebration, pwease...
  3. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

BTW, do you think Roy Disney will succeed in booting Eisner? I think so.
  4. Fozzie Bear

I think the stock holders already all voted to have Eisner step down, didn't they? That's what I remembered them doing. He's still on the board, just not in the same position.
  5. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Do disney own sam and friends and shows like that? or do henson still have them?
  6. Fozzie Bear

Well, if they bought the entire Muppet library, I would think Disney owns Sam and Friends, too. After all, that's where Kermit got his start, and some of the characters from that also appeared on Ed Sullivan and more...
  7. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I can't wait.
  8. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

When is the 50th anniversery :confused:
  9. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

I think it would be a good idea for the 50th Anniversary if they released a commemorative DVD box set of "Sam & Friends" to show Kermit's humble beginnings. :excited: Wouldn't that prove to be a great collector's item? :concern:
  10. Fozzie Bear

I would wish SOOOO hard for a complete Sam and Friends on DVD!! If not, they just don't know what they're missing!

Same thing works in the Fraggle world. I'd gladly pay $60 or $70 per season DVD set for the Fraggles, or TMS!! Companies just miss out on so much revenue by not giving us what we want!
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Me's thinking that 50 years will go by and Disney'll be bringing out nothin' in memory of them...
  12. Fozzie Bear

...Or that could happen... :cry:
  13. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

LET'S HOPE THE BRING SOMETHING OUT :D ;) :excited:
  14. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I think that in order to celebrate their 50th anniversary (nexy year, Wow this thread sure was started a lon g time ago) they need more than just a special. It should be a year long celebration, like TMS 25th anniversary was.

There sould be a musical like Avenue Q maybe titled "THe Muppets 50 Year MUsical Celebration" or "Mnhattan Melodies". They should also release a new movie or better yet a TV show that year. And a few Limited Edition DVD;s like Walt Disney Treaures, Maybe like five of them, each celebrationg 10 years from The Muppets.
  15. T-Bird Chick

T-Bird Chick New Member

i just want 2 say some stuff about scooter, i think he is the coolest muppet in the world,i mean...i like him so much that i had a dream that i KISSED him for a long time then he said,"That was the BEST kiss in the universers:flirt:"then he asked me to be his girlfriend!I loved it :flirt: ;)
  16. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

My thoughts

I think that they should have a big, 3 hour long T.V. special, like, comemorating ALL the shows. I also think they should make some sort of special DVD or something, too. :cool:
  17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I hope they have good anniversary plans.
  18. TennisMuppet

TennisMuppet New Member

When is the 50th anniversary?! I think if Disney is smart, then they will have something to commerate the Muppets. The Muppets are to popular to go un-celebrated on their golden anniversary!
  19. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Too true! I mean, the muppets have been around longer than alot of people can remember. It just wouldn't be right for Disney not to do something! :eek:
  20. TennisMuppet

TennisMuppet New Member

I know!! The little boy I baby sit for is in love with the muppets. He's only 3 but even my grandparents who are 80-some odd years old are fans! They have a wide range of fans ranging from toddlers to elders. That should be Disney's target area...a celebration would make a GREAT sunday night special! Afterall, whats better than popcorn, family and a great helping of The Muppets?!