The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sits, waiting to hear someone whine about how she's the "flavor of the month" like the Muppets have only worked with celebrities with timeless appeal.
Not so much "Flavor of the Month" or whatever, but I AM getting kind of tired of every year, some big, currently relevent artist, gets their own Christmas special where they basically hold a concert somewhere (usually Rockefeller Center, but not always) where a bunch of different artists that are currently trending in the music industry perform their own versions of Christmas carols, or their own original Christmas songs. You hear Christmas music on the radio and in the stores all the time during the month of December, such specials are kind of white noise...

But unfortunately, most specials with plots and characters, apparently the public doesn't like them anymore... or at the very least, kids don't like them apparently, and you know how networks are always desperate to bring in younger audiences.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Hmm seems interesting hopefully it will appear on the web or air in the uk but either way nice to see the muppets appearing in more things and I do hope more than the main muppets (Kermit,Piggy,Gonzo,Fozzie,Pepe,Animal and Walter) maybe Rowlf can play the piano with who knows we will just have to wait and see

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm not nuts over Gaga, but her antics do make me smile. Muppets make me smile widely. I can see the potential for good chemistry here. Here's hoping I can see the special on my lame broadcast-only TV.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Huh. Since we're just hearing about this now (hardly two months before the Christmas season), I'd agree with Oscarfan's latter theory and assume this could be a Lady Gaga special with The Muppets as guests. It sure feels like the Cee-Lo Green thing all over again. :smirk:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Sits, waiting to hear someone whine about how she's the "flavor of the month" like the Muppets have only worked with celebrities with timeless appeal.

You know... like Marisa Benson, Jaye P. Morgan and Shields and Yarnell.

Negative Nancy much?

But anyway, this looks like it could be good. I would like to see a Muppet Christmas special where they were the stars (which it doesn't look like this is, and the last time they tried that, we got Letters to Santa...less I say, the better), but I like Lady Gaga's music, and respect her for being a singer who takes a lot of risks, so this might be pretty good.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I can take or leave Gaga but, strangely, I can see this working. (I wasn't sold on a Gaga-centric Simpsons episode and that worked, so anything is possible.)

No matter who they're paired with, the Muppets just seem to get Christmas right.

Bridget

Reaction score
Looking forward to this! Keep a far distance from Kermie Gaga... Or else... XD

lady piggy

Reaction score
Well when I first heard this I almost fainted . The two loves of my life getting together for one big happy muppety special. There's not a single doubt in my mind that this isn't going to be a hit especially for the Muppets . Lady Gaga has a huge following , and as a fellow " little monster " myself we are very devoted to whatever project she's in . So this can potentially introduced the Muppets to a wider range of people. I have a hunch that Gaga and Piggy are going to do a duet.<3 have i died and gone to heaven :smile: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.