1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MrBloogarFoobly, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Jim Henson struck me as a very liberal guy. He allowed blacks, gays, Jews, and weirdos into his organization and accepted pretty much everyone with open arms. He started a "Being Green" campaign, long before his death. He wanted to bring world peace.

Why are these bad things?

As for the whole "attack on corporations" thing, well... I always find it ironic when Hollywood does that sort of thing, seeing as how all Hollywood movies are funded by massive corporations. Either way, it's not an attempt to brainwash kids. There's nothing sinister about it. I consider marketing toys and crappy video games to children to be more evil than anything the Muppets are doing.
    heralde likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly. The Muppets brought out the best from the liberal point of view.

True, very old story, heh. That's the problem when art and business have to combine. ;)
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The only famous person I take issue with is Orson Scott Card because he's aggressively lobbied, raised funds and devoted a lot of personal time toward attacking gay people. If he was part of a white nationalist group, I think he'd be treated differently. But it's still ok to hate on gays, Mexicans(them "illegals") and Muslims/Middle Easterners in America

Exactly, in the truncated version released in theaters, that's the simple one dimensionality we are left with. Had the film not been butchered, we woulda found out a much deeper significance that motivates him AND made the pivotal scene with Uncle Deadly make sense.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Does Fox not realize Sam the Eagle since the early 70's makes fun of all the stick up the bum social conservatives? Thats why I half expected and loved the spoof of him being on Fox News in the movie.

As someone said, Im surprised they didnt call Crazy Harry a devoted Islamic jihadist.
    heralde likes this.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well I'll say, Jim Henson said his point of Fraggle Rock was to end war. So you could call that liberal, tho social conservative Ron Paul is more anti war than most Democrats. Meanwhile, the Republicans who tried to shut down PBS and Sesame Street(who also used Sesame Street songs in brutal Iraqi torture sessions) got us into multiple wars, forcing Sesame Street to make a special where Rosita's dad lost a leg in Iraq.

The Muppet Show was about as liberal as it gets
    heralde likes this.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

OCCUPY RICHMAN!!!
    [​IMG]

OCCUPY SESAME STREET!
    [​IMG]
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The Muppets have(thankfully) always been extremely liberal. The anti war and songs promoting peace on the Muppet show, the spoof of social conservatives with Sam the Eagle, all the interviews with Jim Henson stating his views, the very gay friendly atmosphere, the pro environmentalist message
    heralde likes this.
  8. heralde

Lol, yeah seriously. Though his motivation as I understand it is more isolationist, right?
  9. heralde

Exactly. And since it's the holiday season I'll add this Kermit quote that fits what you're saying:

10. heralde

I think the philanthropist joke saved it from being too one dimensional. I'm glad the movie ended up how it did. It's really not that different from The Muppet Movie taking on Doc Hopper. In both cases, the Muppets were challenging corporate greed. And the Uncle Deadly scene is one of my favorites just how it is. :)

I've told other fans about the cut scenes and they really didn’t find them that necessary for the villain to be effective. Usually scenes are cut with good reason.
  11. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Uhhh... to be fair, and I've said this often, A Christmas Carol was one of Dickens's MANY anti-big business themed stories. The tale wasn't just Scrooge was a rich guy who lost his way, the story was a commentary on Industrial Revolution era policies of working the poor to death, unfair and unreasonably unpayable debts (debtor's prison was a recurring theme in his novels), and basically the rotten, wretched types that profit from the misery of others.
    But that's just me... everyone forgets that. I am by no means a literary scholar, but everyone forgets that and it annoys me... sort of like when people say that Porky Pig says "Budee budee budee That's all folks." or that whole "Play it Again, Sam" misquote.

Now, there IS something I forgot to post in my review of the movie. And I'm surprised none of the other fans got this, but I found the story sort of a parallel between Henson and EMTV and even Disney.... Tex lies about purchasing the studios to preserve it, and at one point threatens to junk the Muppets for the Moopets because the Muppets lost the right to the Muppet name and likenesses... hint hint... but all the sudden at the end Tex decides to let the Muppets have it... seriously, isn't that what happened during the EMTV bit, if you replace "decides to let the Muppets Have it" with "Henson had the money, and EMTV gave the Sesame Street characters to Sesame Workshop?"
    heralde likes this.
  13. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring out which studio the movie was really complaining about, LOL. They have a case for basically every studio that's ever had their arms you know where.

Anyway... re: the Occupy Sesame Street sign above ...

Uh ... ok, the Muppet one I get, but whoever made that pic SERIOUSLY equates a guy who lives in a trash can (admittedly well-furnished, I guess) with evil greedy CEOs? Do they KNOW who Oscar is? Oscar thinks trash is treasure and treasure is crap. I can't really imagine him going along with Wall Street.

Now, Count von Count, OTOH, endlessly counts all his stuff and clearly lives posh. If you're living in a cold alley beside a run-down apartment building, HE'D be the person I'd expect you to camp out and whine in front of. :p
  14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

15. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

It's a joke...
  16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Oh noez! Protect teh kids from teh liberalz!

Ah, good old Fox, reading too much into stuff, taking things out of context, and not doing research :D
  17. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Jokes that make no sense only work if you're Fozzie. :)
  18. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Oh, i LOVE that the Muppets by and large contain liberal values and i wouldn't be as much of a fan of them as i am if they didn't (though what many would consider to be "liberal values", i identify as "human should-ideally-be-universal-values") but at the same time i don't believe that what this particular faux Fox report is trying to debunk as liberal propaganda is that.
  19. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Muppet Fans for Occupy Fox News? I think so! :laugh:

FoxNews is ridiculous, I tell ya. Anyone wonder if the viewers actually believe what they said about "The Muppets"?
  20. heralde

Well like I said, I'm not saying the film was a huge screaming political statement. But was it an ironic jab at corporate interests? Absolutely. ;)