The Muppets North Pole Christmas Village

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This looks amazing. Does anyone have a link yet where it will be available and when? Any estimates of how much it will cost?

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
:embarrassed: The mailer I recieved was just to reserve the village when it is released. I had ordered some of the Muppets on Motorcycles awhile back - so I was put on their mailing list. I've recieved about 20 of these "reserve yours today" mailers - including one for the Muppet Carousel figures before they were on the Collectibles Today website. :confused: All I had to do was sign a slip to reserve mine - which I have. But as far as I know its real and coming soon!:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm sorry. That just looks a little to photo shopped for me. And the fact that there are no records for it?:smirk:
It's probably a real product, but it is definitely photoshopped up a lot. And it looks to like the Piggy head is all photoshop, taken from the tilted head pic they like to replace old piggy heads with.

Edit; looking at the pic they gave Fozzie a tail. Fozzie doesn't have a tail.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I'm sorry. That just looks a little to photo shopped for me. And the fact that there are no records for it?:smirk:
The more I think about it, when I ordered and then recieved the Miss Piggy motorcycle figurine there was a difference from the picture to the actual product. The picture made you think the figure was almost Palisades quality sculpting when in reality the figure was more based on a more cartoon likeness. So I will bet there will be differences from the picture to what actually comes out....

But the main point is - THERE IS SOMETHING THIS FUN COMING OUT!:eek: :crazy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On Photoshopping

I use Photoshop for a living. (I'm the reason that Steppin' Out Fozzie's box art photo looked fine, but China is responsible for the underwhelming figure that exists in real life.)

I can spot Photoshop from a mile away and that Piggy, along with Statler and Waldorf are definitely Photoshopped in! It's a common practice, but I wouldn't purchase anything with just one altered image. I want this thing too, but I'll need to see it first. :wink:

I also see that they're not using Palisades' designs. That pleases me. The figures are dear to my heart, but it's great to see other interpretations of the character! :wink:

Also they are using the older (and better) Jim Henson's Muppets branding logo. Disney must not be pleased with that. However, I am. That Disney Muppets logo is uuuuugly. :zany:

MWoO

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf are photoshopped too?

It looks like Fozzie and the Chef are added digitally, but they look like actual sculpts too. I wonder just how awful the piggy sculpt is since they left the pretty bad Scooter.

Edit: Also, notice Fozzie is missing his eye lids too. Some of them look rather good, but Fozzie has Rowlf eyes and a tail.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, most of it may be photoshopped and yes, Fozzie may have a tail (what the heck?) but...I would buy this for Rizzo in the chimney alone! He has to be the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time!

Bear Man

Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I think the whole thing is just concept art, with no actual sculpts in there at all. And that's fine - product has got to start somewhere, and if that's all they have to show, then fine.