The New Muppet Show Cast

beaker

Reaction score
they had uk exclusive muppets tonight sketches??? man, what have i been missing? Hmmm, so cluless morgan goes beyond MTI canon. interesting.

ok, i still havent seen the making of weezer thing(tape trade anyone) but from that and the last year alone Pepe will no doubt be one of the main cast. There really has been only one new Muppet folks(mo frackle), but I would definatley like to see him in the mix on the new show.

I Can undertsnad people not knowing about Land of Gorch characters, but man...anybody who remembers knows how cool Digit would be on a new show! I want the recapturing of that edginess JHH had, but even beyond that. Im sorry, a vaudeville variety show format would just be lame. It has to be something new, maybe even live. (err, at least segments that are live) I would definately like to see pepe or a muppet team(beaker and bunsen?) on the street just going up to random people asking questions. that would be too much, and would really go back to the edginess the writing had way back when.

sure, 1989 was the last great muppet year...but no reason 2003 can be the start of a great new era!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
About 3-4 minutes were cut from the US airings of Muppets Tonight. (Three minutes for season one, four minutes for season two).

Usually this works out to a 2-minute sketch that was cut, a 1-minute sketch that was cut, and in the case of season 2 about 1 minute that was shaved somewhere else, usually backstage dialogue.

The uncut season one episodes aired in the UK (I believe), and both seasons were shown uncut in Canada.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Howzabout a new character for Kevin Clash? He's got Clifford, Elmo, and that's it. Since he's one of the main puppeteers now he needs to take control of someone else.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sal,

Kevin has Leon, Who was a fantastic Muppet !

I think everyone agree's on that !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sal,

Hey,
Leon was a Pink colored Dinosaur/Lizard type creature with big yellow eyes from The Jim Henson Hour.

He was a fantastic Muppet !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
I agree, we need more Clueless, he'd actually be a good comedy partner for Pepe i think !

Gonzo

Reaction score
Of the post-Muppet Show Muppets, the only ones I consider to have wormed their way into the "Muppet Family" are:

Bean Bunny
Clifford
Pepe
Johnny Fiama
Sal

(and Bobo and Phil Van Neuter, who I don't like....sorry everyone)

...everyone else seems to be one-hit wonders, who will fade away into Muppety obscurity, like Digit and Leon have....I don't think we'll be seeing them again, quite frankly.

Hopefully we'll be seeing a nice mix of old and new with the new series....of course I hope against hope that we'll see some Rowlf, Scooter, and Electric Mayhem--for suckers like me it's heartbreaking to have Muppet productions without them, especially when there are solid performers who would be able to take over for absent friends.

That's all.

Quinnnnnnnnn

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Im not too sure about another Comedy Duo for Pepe, But i know he would be great in the normal Line Up.

He can take the place of the Character Fozzie has been playing for the past few years.

See ya