The New Muppet Show Cast

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Now it's like they're two totally seperate companies and CTW leases the Muppets from Henson<<<

Well, there was one crossover last year(elmo at muppetfest/and the live tms special) but I think its high time things get back into crossover land...I mean why let that garbage emtv deal ruin all the fun?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this idea can help sort things out. If Lord Pompio's Muppet mall can have a bar on the ground floor, why not a lounge as well!

Golden Tones Lounge:
Sal Manila, if he's Johny's bodyguard, then he can be the bouncer.
Johny Fiama, the main lounge singing act.
Rowlf The Dog, the hound with sound, plays the piano to accompany Johny or performs solo requests.

I combined Lord Pompio's idea with one of my own for possible figures, but I hope you enjoy it.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
What is a Longue?

Do you know the TV Series "3rd Rock from the Sun"? In the episode where Dick finds out that the Big Giant Head is his father, they go to a jazz club to sing... That Stage - is it a Longue? because it is that kinda of stage i'm thinking of...

Something like Seinfeld's Stand Up Comedy Stage... A small Stage with room for a band... But since it will be right in the middle of the Mall, it will seem bigger than what it is...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I really like the idea of a Muppet Mall, and you've put a whole lot of thought into it, but I can't get the idea of 'Mallrats the TV Show' out of my head.

Reaction score
After a pretty big part in the first movie, I think that the Electric Mayheim were really short changed ... IMO they were the best part of the Muppet Movie, watching Dr. Teeth in that flick still has me in stiches to this day ...

Id like to see a segement in a potential new show or even a Movie dedicated to the Electric Mayheim, maybe a parody of "This Is Spinal Tap" or something similar ... that would be an absolute riot

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dream_Preserver
Id like to see a segement in a potential new show or even a Movie dedicated to the Electric Mayheim, maybe a parody of "This Is Spinal Tap" or something similar ... that would be an absolute riot
ooooooooooooooooooo...i think you may have something there. i would love to see an Electric Meyham movie, a la Spinal Tap, or the Rutles. i'd even dig a "Behind the Music" type thing.

btw, i agree wit you about them, they really got the short end of the movie stick. i honestly think they would have had REALLY small parts in all the other movies, except that Animal is so popular...and he's the drummer. where goes Animal, so goes the band...

(i would also like to cast a vote for an Electric Meyham/P Funk jam session for the first episode of the new Muppet Show...whatever the format is)

Reaction score
Ever seen that part in the Spinal Tap flick where the guitarist wont let the guy interviewing him touch his guitar? Could you imagine that part with Floyd? That would be an absolute howl

VH1, thats a great idea ... maybe even have a similar story line to the Muppet Movie but instead of making to Hollywood to become stars the story could follow the band as they try to get signed to a label ... Muppetstock ... nice :smile:

tygerbug

Reaction score
You referenced the Rutles, Grail ... I think I love you.

Um, anyway, I never liked Muppets Tonight and don't know the new characters. I didn't even see Muppets from Space. I ADORE the Jim Henson Hour and am amazed that people don't remember Leon ... he was a Fraggle like Dinosaur ... thing ... that worked with Gonzo perfectly. My favorites would be Digit and the little Kiwi guy, who was like an updated beauregard ... who the heck was that little bird? And of course there should be no Muppets without Bean Bunny! His cuteness! Beanbo! And what about the Muppet secretary from JHH, what was her name? A good little female character that worked well with Kermit.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Many of the new characters catch the spirit of the Muppets in my opinion and you should try to watch Muppets Tonight because even though it isn't as good as the Muppet Show, it is very good...

And please watch Muppets From Space... I know I will be sacrificed to an evil demon for saying this but my favourite movie from the Muppets series is in fact Muppets From Space... I don't remember anyone ever saying this but I really think that Muppets From Space is the best Muppet movie ever...

Pepe and Bobo are wonderfull characters! Johnny and Sal add a very nice touch and Dr. Phil Van Neuter surpasses everything you could ever expect...

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by tygerbug
You referenced the Rutles, Grail ... I think I love you.
if i remember correctly, you're a guy, right? if so, then...um, no. no offense, and well, it's the best offer i've had recently...but i'm not ready to switch sides just yet, thanks. heh...yeah, i actually have "The Rutles: All You Need is Cash" on DVD, just two over from Spinal Tap! (i keep 'em all alphabetical like...6th sense is between)