1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppet maniac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

After thinking about it is was a point that the Dr. told Jim that he was fine and then he died monthes later. and the Muppets do sound bad ut was great

2. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I just saw the bit on You Tube. Kermit didn't have his collar on in it (must be due to copyright issues?)

I also noticed that Family Guy seems to be working to get every (major, that is) Muppet character on there (appearance, mentions, spoofs and props). I mean, so far we've had:

Ernie
    Bert
    Rats (including Rizzo, since he was one of the bellhops in GMC)
    Big Bird
    Kermit
    Miss Piggy
    The Count
    Grover
    Cookie Monster
    Bunsen
    Beaker
    Elmo
    Telly
    Statler and Waldorf
    Swedish Chef
    Fozzie Bear

...and all we need now are:
    Electric Mayhem
    Gonzo
    Oscar
    Snuffy
    Sam Eagle
    Rowlf
    Scooter
    Yip-Yips
    Two-Headed Monster
    Guy Smiley

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  3. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

you Tube anyone?

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If the Electric Mayhem make an appearance, I wonder if the writers will go as far as to include Lips.

Some people have mentioned that it would be funny to show some Sesame Street characters in a street corner buying weed, or Oscar offering something illegal. Maybe it would be funny to have Lefty make an appearance, selling drugs (or have one of the Family Guy characters dress as Lefty and act the same way).

5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

6. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

The Swedish Chef wasn't even Speaking Mock Sweden.

7. minor muppetz

When did the rats appear on Family Guy?

8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

He means when Peter was at the hotel in "The Son Also Draws" and asked the guy at the front desk if they had rats as bellhops like the Muppets. No rats were seen.

9. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Haha just watched it! Hilarious! Swedish Chef looks really good...

10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Here's some more ideas:

*Fozzie being heckled by Peter at a comedy club, and then Fozzie goes on a rampage and attacks him

*Peter has learned, "Never trust street bums" and it cuts to him on some inner-city street in NY and Oscar tricks him into buying something stupid. Of course, Peter falls for it.

*Swedish Chef rapping

*The crystal shard as a prop

*Have one ending of an episode spoof the usual endings of The Muppet Show-characters come out for the "goodnight"; Statler and Waldorf give last comment, and Zoot's saxophone

*(Insert character here) says that "people make many stupid mistakes all the time", and it cuts to Buffy the Vampire Slayer killing...The Count(!) Big Bird, Grover, Elmo, Ernie, Bert, Oscar and Cookie give her a devastated look, and later in the episode they show up at a graveyard and cry over his tombstone.

*Grover demonstrating "near" and "far"

*Oscar applies for a job

*Sesame Street ending spoof, with ALL the major classic characters seen in the background

*The reason why Sesame Street never really had a major female character, is finally explained: the male characters keep grossing them out everytime

*Racecars/spies cartoon spoof

*Someone uses Snuffy as his allibi (for doing something bad)

*Chris goes to war with the Fraggles after picking on him (of course Lois doesnt believe him, but we hear explosions, yelling, etc outside)

*Cookie Monster admits that he "did it all for the cookie"

*Lois is afraid to go outside the house again after being stalked by a bum/theif in the alley. When she attempts to go out, several things sartle her---Oscar comes out of a nearby garbage can. Lois runs off but he says "Hey! I just wanted to talk! (changes mood) Ah, forget it (drinks a bottle of alcohol) Nobody ever wants to talk to me (keeps on drinking)"

*A "big-nosed" criminal is out on the loose, who is described as "a man in blue". When it's on the news, they show an artist's depictual of what he might look like, and it's Gonzo. Later, the cops bust into Gonzo's home, where he's happpily relaxing in peace, and they arrest him. Gonzo tries to convince them that he's innocent.

11. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

How about the one where Stewie is talking on a Sesame Street phone...

Stewie: Put me through to the Pentagon!

Ernie: Do you know what sound a cow makes?

Stewie: Don't toy with me, Ernie! I've already dispatched Mr. Hooper, I've got six armed men outside Big Bird's nest, and well, as for Linda, it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach now, isn't it?

Ernie: Can you count to three?

Stewie (pulls out ray-gun): Oh, indeed I can! One! Two! Three! Can I count to three for God's sake? I'm already shooting at a fifth grade level!

12. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

The Baker (not technically a Muppet, but still on SS) was also spoofed. That was one of my favorite Sesame spoofs on Family Guy. That and "Pinball Stewie."

Convincing John

13. minor muppetz

Or Lefty could make an appearance tricking Peter into buying something stupid.

Or maybe, instead of the usual opening, have an openignt hat spoofs The Muppet Show's opening (or at least have a scene somewhere ina n epsiode with all of the main Family Guy characters in rows of arches).

14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I think we need an official list of when the muppets have appeared, which episodes, and characters involved because it happens so much!

15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ask, and ye shall recieve... a page from Muppet Wiki. :p

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Family_Guy

16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

17. theprawncracker

Umm... Pepper baby... I'm not quite ready for such a big commitment, hokay? And jou know, we both have significant others waiting for us in de wings, hokay? Jou have Floyd, I have Lisa... it just would not be a good relationship.:rolleyes: ;)

18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

**cough** Oh sorry, did I say that out loud? I totally thought I was using my indoor voice on that one...

19. theprawncracker

...Pepper, we are inside! We're always inside! We're Muppet geeks, remember? :p:zany:

20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh, yes... you're absolutely right... Well, since there's no point in trying to deny it...

**takes off the sheets she was using to cover her muppet movie collection and uses them to block light from the windows**