the Pepe action figure!

radionate

Reaction score
Weren't there rumblings of a second set of dolls to feature a Skeksis and a Mystic. I know I read it somewhere, but I don't remember where.

I guess I need to keep offical announcements from companies like that to go back and review later on.

beaker

Reaction score
I believe Skeksis figures being a bad investment is not true, and I'll illustrate why^_^

Originally posted by frogboy4
Palisades and Henson both want to make the DC figures. The issue is that they can't get enough retailers on board. I don't see why not. I find it sad that companies don't realize the power of the Dark Crystal in niche circles. At least limited run sculptures would sell. Maybe even more than Muppet busts IMHO.
Naw, we dont wanna bust...we want 4-6" detailed figures! heh.
I find it very hard to believe they couldnt get retailers on board...your saying Big Trouble in Little China and Little Nicky were able to get retailers hot? I say Palisades should at least make one Skeksis figure prototype(and you know theyd make youc ry with how good itd be) leak it online, and let people drool.
Trust me, if people saw what Palisades could do with just one Skeksis figure...there would be support for it.

As I said, you can take the fan glasses off, and still realize so many people would be in awe of a Skesksis figure. They can just make one. Like the Aliens figure. Just one, and you just WATCH people drool.

As for Sideshow, their busts rule, their DC dools suck azz.
No wonder retailers would say no thanks...SideShow ruined the oppurtunity for real cool DC merch.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't say a bust I was talking about an detailed full bodied statue like Palisades did with Alien vs Predator. These types of items are usually in a limited run and priced for that. It's a good prelude to a figure line because there's less gamble in it for Palisades.

Just because you think figures would be a good idea doesn't mean retailers will buy them - especially when they have DC figures/dolls that aren't selling. I see a statue as something entirely different. Comic book stores seem to lovingly display such things.

radionate

Reaction score
Drooling and appreciating something is different then actually getting off your butt and buying something.