The Reunion -- Hensonville Fic

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The goblins all stood before Jareth, trembling.

Jareth sighed, staring into his crystal ball. “The oubliettes are empty, aren’t they?” He glanced at them sharply, his voice curt. “Is that what you’re about to tell me?”

The goblins glanced nervously at each other. One peed his pants. A big goofy one fainted, shrieking like a girl.

Jareth banished them from the Throne Room and stared again at his crystal ball. Hoggle was tending to some weeds behind Kelly’s house. “Hoggle,” he told the crystal ball.

Hoggle jumped up and saluted. He didn’t have to look around. Jareth had a deep connection to Hoggle, making physical conversations rather unnecessary. “What is it, Yer Majesty?”

“I’m missing a cup of water.”

Hoggle thought for a moment. “Ain’t that pig-faced cook o’ yers ins charge o’ cookin’? Or dija invite that fool Chef again?”

“Hoggle … this is a very important cup.”

The light dawned inside Hoggle’s head. “Oh … that one.” He sighed, staring at the ground. “Why didn’t ya jus’ kill her?”

Jareth growled, “Because the daughter suits my needs more.”

Hoggle chuckled reflexively. “You could gives ‘er all the peaches in th’ world and she still would never suits yer needs, Yer Majesty.”

“Hoggle….”

“Yes, Yer Majesty?”

“Do not tend to my business again.”

Hoggle frowned. “No offense, Yer Majesty … but yer askin’ me ta tend to ‘em by lookin’ fer someone you lost. Again.”

Jareth was about to throw the crystal ball at the stone wall of the Throne Room, but he looked at the small poster taped to his throne. It read, “When you give love away, it comes again to stay. When you throw something away, you’ll wish you never did that day. – Signed, Eshe” Jareth sighed and stood. He’d just have to deal with this himself. Universe forbid he should be accused of acting like a petulant child … for the fifth time today.

<><><>

Kathy showed up at Kelly’s house with a big smile.

Kelly smiled back. “Hey, Kathy … thanks for all the neat stuff.” She paused. “Naturally, I think we’ll all die of clogged arteries after this,” she laughed.

Kathy laughed, nodding. “Well, this is a good occasion to let loose a little. Has anyone else showed up yet?”

Kelly shook her head. “I was kinda hoping to get Kathleen and Mokey … but I don’t really know how to get in touch with them.”

“Facebook?” Kathy asked.

Kelly slapped her forehead. “Yeah, I guess that could work.” She looked around as their roomies were setting up in the living room and the kitchen. “This party is just what I need. It’ll be great to get everyone together again.”

Rizzo overheard and scoffed. “If you t’ink I’m bein’ da waitah at dis party, t’ink again. I make more ovah at da T’eater dan I did as a waitah … an’ Kermit barely pays us at all.”

There was soon a knock on the door.

Kelly opened it to find Ed. She grinned. “Hi, Ed! Thanks for coming! This means a lot.” She opened the door wider.

Ed smiled and dug out a clipboard. “You wouldn’t happen to have a description of Noodlenose Fraggle, would you?”

Kelly stared at him, her jaw agape for a few seconds. “Hmm … I guess,” she said pensively, “that’s the one with the little curly-Q yellow nose. Does that help?”

Ed nodded. “Yeah.” He hugged Kelly. “You always have the time to give me such wonderfully detailed descriptions. I really appreciate it.” With that, he waved and headed back to the Count’s car, which was waiting for him on the street.

Kelly just stood there like a deer in headlights for several minutes.

Kathy walked up to her and waved her hand in front of Kelly’s face. “Hey, yoohoo! How was work last night?”

Kelly snapped out of it. (Author’s Note: This really happened Thursday night.) “Well, uh, it was fine until that woman fell. Oh, and there was an empty room that was flooding with water.”

Kathy shook her head. “How awful!”

Kelly nodded. “Yeah, I had to use, like, ten blankets to try to soak it up. And the weird thing was, it didn’t seem to be coming from anywhere.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah.”

Kathy sighed and shook her head, a small smirk forming on one corner of her lips. “It’s amazing you think I was talking about the floor. It’s terrible that woman fell!”

Kelly nodded. “Yeah … but that event doesn’t really foreshadow anything for this story, though. The other one fits rather nicely.”

Kathy giggled and slapped Kelly on the back and went into the kitchen.

Oscar was busy telling Kathy’s roomies and Pearl about scrounging around in the Amusement Park. “Den, I happened ta come across dis lil’ pea --.”

Rizzo walked by. “Da size of a grapefruit.”

Oscar frowned at him. “When I want commentary, I’ll ask for it!” He grumbled, shaking his head. “Now, where was I?”

Rosita raised a hand. “You were telling us the story of the magic guisante,” she offered.

Oscar thought a bit. “Yeh, the pea! Anyway, I handed it over to that little actress girl --.”

Prairie Dawn frowned. “Oscar! I’m right here!”

Oscar shrugged. “So? Anyway --.”

Bear, a male chocolate Lab, started sniffing Oscar’s trash can. A leg went up. His tail flipped forward like a mailbox flag.

Oscar threw a dirty rag at the dog. “I live in a trash can – but I draw the line somewhere! Now scram!”

Bear, smacked with the rag, wagged his tail, happy to get a gift. He ran throughout the house as his sister, the black Lab Sarah, chased after him. He thrashed the rag enough to make everyone wonder if he risked getting whiplash.

Oscar groaned. “That dog’s worse than that little red menace!”

Prairie tried to hold back a laugh. “I’ll tell the rest of it, Oscar. Ahem: I took the pea and heard singing and I planted it. Little did I know that Kelly sprung forth from the pea.”

Pearl glanced at Oscar and Prairie. “You’re tryin’ to tell me that Kelly just up an’ sprang forth from a pea? What kind of country bumpkin do you think I am? I thought humans said they came from cabbages.”

Rizzo chuckled. “Yeah, well, actually --.”

Pearl clamped his mouth shut. “I wasn’t really askin’ for the play-by-play, Rat.”

TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heeheehee. Another good installment. Liked how Pass It On's lyrics were slightly modified. And yeah, that woman in the flooded floor sure isn't foreshadowing anything in this story, nope, she sure isn't. :smirk:
Post when you can. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, technically the flooded floor didn't have any patients in it, thank goodness. Still, it's weird there was a lot of water but no visible leak.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Newsie grinned as he opened the door after hearing it knock. Liza bounded in and glomped the little pineapple-headed reporter, forcing him to the floor.

Cotterpin, who’d been on his shoulder, held on for dear life until he landed, then she backed away as Liza smothered him with kisses. Cotterpin’s eyes widened. She gasped in sarcastic awe. “Wow, I’ve never seen a face get that red … even with radish juice spilled all over them!" She smirked as Liza got up and let Newsie breathe. “Hey, Liza – you’re Liza, right? How old do you think Newsie is?"

Newsie glanced at Cotterpin darkly. “Don’t say another word!"

Cotterpin grinned, twisting her body ever so slightly in a rhythmic fashion. “Well, I heard that he used to do the news when Kermit and everyone were little juvenile delinquents!"

Liza raised an eyebrow. “Really?" She looked at Newsie. “How is that possible?"

“Hair dye, apparently," Cotterpin giggled. “Would you like to know his name?"

“Cotterpin!" Newsie blurted out, trying to scoop her up and shove her into his coat pocket. However, she managed to bite his finger and he dropped her.

Liza looked like a cat in front of a basket full of mice. “What’s his name? What’s his name?"

Newsie blanched and pointed at the kitchen. “Oh, look … they’re cooking muffins! No one can turn down a good source of wholesome fiber!" He grabbed Liza’s shirt. “Let’s go see if they’re ready, shall we?"

Liza glanced back at Cotterpin, who couldn’t stop grinning.

“I know what his name is," Cotterpin teased. “I know what his name is.”

“You only think you do," Newsie retorted as he tried to drag Liza away.

Gonzo, who had come with Liza, lifted Cotterpin up and stared at her quizzically. “You know his real name? How come we don’t know?"

Cotterpin scoffed. “Pffbt. Because you were little tiny babies when he mentioned it.”

Gonzo pondered. “But you weren’t even alive then. How would you know?"

Cotterpin took out a Doozer-sized cell phone. “Digit made this for me awhile back. Anyway, apparently your babysitter uploaded all your home movies to Youtube.”

<><><>

Kelly knocked on Ed’s door. He opened it. “Yes?"

Kelly smiled with a hopeful expression. “It’s time. Are you ready or not?"

Ed scratched his head. “I’m about to go take a nap. The day’s been kind of hard on me. I’ll stop by later, okay"

Kelly frowned. “I don’t really appreciate this type of attitude, Edward.” She reached out with her hand and Ed started to feel dizzy. Kelly’s hair started to turn white and lengthened to her hips as she grew about two feet, mist enshrouding her as she soon appeared in a sparkling white dress. “All this time, I had hoped to escape the darkness where the fool Jareth placed me," the albino woman professed in a sultry yet curt voice. “I came to this tiny town hoping to break free of my pain – and all of you are no better than the Goblin King!" She drew him nearer and stroked his hair tenderly, her voice less angry and more pitiful. “I’m going to have a party, Edward.” She kissed him. “You are going to be my guest, whether you like it or not. Jareth isn’t here to save anyone.”

<><><>

Beth sighed as Red Fraggle gawked at all the food.

Red started jumping up and down. “And I want that, and that, and that, and some of those, and – what are these?" she began. She barely could fit one type of food in her visual range before getting distracted by yet another one.

Beth glanced at Kelly who was drinking some tea as the buffet tables were being set up in the dining room. “So, how’s work?"

Kelly shrugged. “A part of me says I just need this job to get out of debt, then I’ll go work at Wal-Mart or something. Another part of me says I’m a ray of sunshine for the people I care for. I’m totally wembling on how long to stay at this job.”

Beth nodded. “I see.”

Red jumped up on Beth’s back, grabbing her around the neck, her tail twitching with anticipation. “You know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of that time it was my birthday and no one wanted to come but then I met Mavis and we ended up having a party with that big blonde Gorg.”

Beth gasped as she pried Red’s arms from around her neck and sighed, rolling her eyes. “Red – everything reminds you of a party.”

Kelly smiled.

<><><>

Tabitha, or T for short, trembled before the terrifying tower of water as it completely surrounded the Townhouse, blocking the building off from the rest of Hensonville. Inside, the building was perfectly dry. She looked at the enchantress who had just announced a hostile takeover and raised her hand timidly. “Uh, Ma’am? This isn’t very nice of you. If you just let us all go, we’ll build you a water park or something you might like.”

Mizumi shook her head and chuckled. “Innocence only works once. I let my guard down to laugh, and some blue phantom vaporized me with a thousand bolts lightning.” She smiled darkly. “I am the Mistress of Moraine! Transformation is a basic magic.” She glanced at Ed, who also sat in the Common Room as the water surrounded them. He was quiet and stoic as Uncle Deadly and Count von Count each sat beside him. “What makes you think a phoenix can be killed?" she asked them rhetorically.

Caitlyn raised her hand. “A phoenix is a big fiery eagle thingie. You’re … uh … not that.”

Mizumi shook her head again, frowning. “The Western Phoenix is portrayed that way, but there are other types. Is no one taught even basic elemental concepts anymore?" she asked in frustration. “I am as Yin: cold, wet --.”

“Passive-aggressive," Zoot muttered quietly, holding onto Clover with one arm and leaning against Lips.

Rowlf sat with his head in his hands, looking bored. “Not to mention a drip," he commented.

“Stuck with a martyr complex," Waldo piped up.

“Emotionally unstable," Vicki added.

Mizumi growled, clenching her fists, “Silence!"

Ailie’s mouth burst open before she could think. “I keeeeeel you!"

The crowd laughed.

Mizumi smirked. “All of you dare to defy me?"

Floyd stood up from where he was sitting in a corner of the room. “Madam, I dare not dare … I only do! And that’s more than you do!"

Tony stood up as well. “We’re not going to let you walk all over us!"

Statler and Waldorf glanced at each other, nodding. Statler blurted out, “At our age, we could use all the fluids we can get!"

Waldorf nodded. “That’s right! We have to go all night!"

Everyone gawked at them.

Statler tried to shrink in his chair. “I didn’t really think they needed to know that.”

Waldorf shot an angry glare at Statler. “Well? You set it up! I just provided the punchline!"

Statler frowned at him. “You call that a punchline?" He pointed at a whimpering Fozzie. “The bear can come up with better zingers than that. Maybe you need to go to the Old Heckler’s Home!"

“What makes you think we aren’t there now?" Waldorf retorted.

Joëlle crossed her arms, leaning against the wall. “Anyway, back to our scheduled program ….”

<><><>

Kelly cleared her throat and the visitors already in the house sat down and quieted. “I’d like to go ahead and get the party started, shall we?"

Pearl took out a guitar and Kelly sat beside her and they started to sing.

Pearl strummed the guitar. “When y’all are hungry as can be, or when you’re starved for company, shore is nice ta visit friends ‘n’ see th’ lights on inside.

Kelly nodded. “If you’re sick or if you’re well, or bursting with some news to tell, all you have to do is yell!” She laughed. “The door is open wide!

They sang together. “You know you are – welcome in my home! I, you, me – we’re sharing, not alone!

Camilla continued, “Bawk bawk bawkawk bawk bawk bawk bawk --.”

Gonzo put an arm around her. “Or you’d love to have a chat --.”

Beth and Kathy joined in. “It’s nice to know the welcome mat will never be worn through!

Cookie Monster added, “Sharing dandy, and it grand, besides it sure do come in handy when you know that understanding waiting there for you!"

All joined in to finish off the song. “You know you are … welcome in our home! I, you, me – we’re sharing, not alone! You know you are … welcome in our home! I, you, me – where is Solid Foam? You know you are … welcome here to stay! I, you, me – I guess they wanted to be paid!

TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another powerful installment by Kelly.

Hmm, Phoenix you say? Watery Yin-elemental?
That gives me a small notion.
*Begins to disapparate into the shadows.

*Faintly so only roomies can hear: Count, send a short ultrasonic message to the bats. Uncle D, be ready with that black flame powder if we need a getaway.
*Both: Where'll you be?
Me? Oh, I'll be a-round... *Hums while smiling as he finishes fading.

Yeah... More please? When you can of course.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
:0 oh mai. I'm kinda scared how well you write me. Moooore!