The Reunion -- Hensonville Fic

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Mizumi screeched, to the point that everyone in the entire Universe heard it. How could such vile and silly creatures check her powers? She could at least admire the fact that Jareth was once the most powerful being in the universe. Losing to him with your life intact was impressive, to say the least. However, this was just far too silly! How could such powerless pathetic people defy her so easily?

Digit sparked and sputtered. He shoved a shocked Vicki away, electric currents zipping across the water droplets that fell from his cybernetic frame. He lifted an index finger as he faced the furious water elemental. His voice was smarmy and sleazy. “Wait, don’t go! There’s more! A special offer!"

Mizumi flung out an arm silently, her face in a permanent scowl. A blast of water flung Digit across the hall. He sputtered and coughed and stood back up, twitching uncontrollably. “For those of you who missed the entire drama and have absolutely noooooooo idea what’s going on, we proudly present to you the Hensonville Muppet Players!" he announced as music began to play.

Digit inhaled. “Long ago Mizumi fought for the heart of the rude Goblin King, but he decided she was a jerk and even then returned her ring. She could not take the insult and said he could not defy her long, but Teen Sarah came and was wooed and Jareth said her will was strong. They never really hit it off, but at least King Jareth felt better. Then Mizumi plotted more, deciding to take all of life with her. Her wrath did stretch long across the universe through Fraggle Rock. The Fraggles had to evacuate and keep intact all of their flock. Meanwhile over at Muppet Central, we all had no part of it.

Vicki tried to get his attention. “You know we were busy compiling your biography, Digit.

Ailie and Caitlyn both showed up behind Mizumi and defiantly sang. “You witch, in matters comical, unusual, and whimsical, we are the very model of LARPing individuals!

Mizumi shot them a deadly ice cold glance and began to whip around to attack the comic relief duo, but found herself bombarded by a tsunami of coins falling in torrents from the ceiling.

The music continued as Lefty and Tony peered at Mizumi from above the ceiling tiles, laughing as they sang the next verse. “At any rate, Mizumi, you were thrown to that old ancient past. First you were spurned and you were burned and landed in Spike’s scaly lap. The Goblin King started gathering a council of cameos, your daughter taking part because Jareth said she had to go. You used your magic to save dino lives and bring them to 2009. The Gorg King could have stomped you flat, but fate decreed that you’d be fine.

Ailie nodded. “Mizumi whined, moaned and complained a lot that Jareth was real bad, but he retorted you were psychotic which was really, really sad. He fin’lly gathered ‘round the fire and baked you to a well-done crisp, turning you into a fragment of a kind of cruel and lonely wisp.

Everyone around Mizumi sang. “In short, in matters comical, unusual, and whimisical, you’re surely to be bested by LARPing individuals!

Enough!" Mizumi roared, stomping her foot.

<><><>

Kelly checked her email on her cellphone and groaned.

“What is it?" Kathleen asked.

Kelly shook her head. “I can’t believe that jerk Digit emailed me! He knows I’m charged ten bucks a minute to read email on my cellphone!" She continued reading. “Uh … but … apparently there’s some weird crap going on over at the Townhouse.”

Kathy tried to peer at the screen. “Traffic was backed up?"

Kelly shrugged. “Mizumi’s somehow made it to Hensonville and has taken them all hostage and attacked.” She closed her cell. “That sucks.”

Kathleen just stared at Kelly. “Aren’t we going to go rescue them?"

Kelly stood in the living room pensively.

“Kelly!" Kathy and Kathleen protested.

Kelly smirked and nodded. “We’re going, we’re going.” She chuckled. “I just wanted to get a rise out of you. Let’s go for it.”

<><><>

Spike tapped the table with his beer can as he sat listening to the Howlin’ J band. They rocked the joint with tunes of rising from the ashes, which was both metaphorical and literal considering they had all escaped a nuclear winter. Jareth sat across from him at the table, as a gentle melody played as he began to sing. “Sitting there all alone, dreaming," he began, leaning forward with his elbows on the table, “thinking of the summer days so long ago.” He inhaled. “When the girls were yours and mine, before the day turned into night. And you remember how it felt, to hold her. And declared before all your friends that your hearts sang. Even though you’re worlds apart, you're always in her heart.” Jareth stood, slapping his hand forcefully on the table, startling the bluish purple dinosaur. “Do you ever feel lost, like you’ll never be found? Do you ever feel broken into pieces on the ground? Do you ever feel scared – like nobody cares? Just listen for her call and head right there! ‘Cause you know, one thing in life is true – somebody still loves you!

Spike sighed, looking wistfully at the door to the jazzhole.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! *Crazy huggles Kelly. Thank you for posting this. Music grows... From the rose, the rock and the rain and the fuming undine known as Mezumi.
More please?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm a part of the rescue party!
:big_grin: This should be interesting... Looking forward to reading more!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly stared at the tower of water engulfing the Townhouse.

Kathy slightly elbowed her. “I wonder if everyone’s okay in there.”

Red stared at the water with wide eyes. “Can you imagine swimming in that?” She bounded over to Beth and pulled on the human’s blouse. “So … when are we taking a vacation to Moraine? That has to be the best water park ever!”

Beth shook her head. “What are we going to do? We’re not exactly the warrior types like you, Kelly.”

Kelly nodded and flipped through the last act of The Comeback King Saga. “Well, Jareth defeats her by dragging in the Fireys and they just sort of dry her out.” She scratched her head. “I suppose with Phoenix powers I could do the same thing.”

Rizzo flipped through a comic book as he sat on the rim of Oscar’s trash can. “Actually, Jean didn’t have fire powers. It was jus’ psionic energy dat looked like fire, kinda like how Scott had a red beam come out his eyes but dey weren’t heat rays like Supahman.”

Pearl rolled her eyes as she stood beside Kelly. “Thank you, Comic Book Nerd.”

Kathleen joined them, with concern in her eyes. “Uh, how are we going to beat her? I don’t think she’s the calm, rational type who can just see the error of her ways.”

Kelly shrugged after thinking about it for a few moments. “She can also do way more than this. Her will must be getting weaker.”

Mokey sketched the pillar of water to alleviate her anxiety – plus, it looked cool. “How do you know?”

Kelly smiled as she turned to face her friends. “Remember when Nicky Holiday battled the Muppets in that British museum in that movie? He was all ready to go hardcore, but Muppet silliness robbed him of any intimidation he hoped to accomplish. He wasn’t prepared for jovial, irrational responses. He lost because of that. Mizumi prides herself on having lots of willpower, but hatred can either give you focus or make you lose it. By now, Mizumi’s fury is reaching the level of outright insanity.” She laughed. “Besides, she’s stuck with Ailie and Cait and Tony. This will be a lot easier than it looks. They’ll have her pulling out her hair in no time.”

Oscar stuck his head out of his trash can, making Rizzo fall off and thud on the ground. “All well an’ good … but how do we get past the Ultimate Car Wash ovah there?” He shuddered at the thought of getting clean accidentally.

Kelly smiled. “I have this covered.” She inhaled and closed her eyes. The water stopped moving and exploded outward, making everyone duck.

Oscar roared, “You got my trash can all wet!

Kelly rubbed her forehead and went over to Oscar and slapped the back of his head. “It’ll get moldy and disgusting if you don’t dry it, moron.”

Oscar looked at the drenched can. “Oh … yeah.”

<><><>

Meanwhile, Mizumi suddenly stopped attacking the others and looked out a window.

T peeked behind a curtain and saw the wall of water was gone. “I think the cavalry’s here,” she whispered to Tutter, the blue mouse who trembled in her lap, burying his face in her shirt.

Ed frowned on his side of the common room.

Deadly glanced at him. “I sense a great power.”

Count nodded. “Obwiously, Kelly has appeared.”

Ed rubbed his stomach.

“Too many muffins?” Count asked quietly.

Ed shook his head. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Deadly sighed. “All the more reason for us to do something to help. After all, you are the leader.”

Count stared at Deadly in shock. Deadly rarely criticized his roommate.

Ed shook his head again. “I don’t like telling people what to do. People need to follow their own paths.”

Deadly grit his teeth. “So, you want to be Jacob and Kelly gets to be the Man in Black? You do remember that everyone on the island resented Jacob’s passivity, right?”

Ed nodded slightly. “I also know that everything turned out alright in the end.”

Count sighed, staring at the floor. “Vell, that Smoke Monster was killed without ever getting the peace he vanted,” he offered sadly. “To be honest, I hope Kelly isn’t the Smoke Monster.”

Mizumi ignored the others and stepped out to face her opponent. She couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t you,” she announced to Kelly. “You balk at killing the Goblin King, even though you sympathize with how he treated me – and yet here you are, ready and willing to kill me.”

Kelly smiled and shrugged. “I was off today. I needed something to do,” she replied, laughing.

Mizumi shook her head. “You mock me to your disadvantage, girl. You can never beat me.”

Kelly sighed. “Well, we can test that theory.”

Rizzo elbowed Red and whispered. “Is dis like when Giles shows up an’ wants ta go toe-ta-toe wit’ Willow?”

Red couldn’t take her eyes off of the water elemental, her snout turned down and her lower jaw hanging open. “Who?”

Rizzo shook his head and hid behind the red-haired Fraggle. “Too bad we ain’t got no Xandah here,” he whispered.

Kelly found herself flung across the yard and smacked into some parked cars.

Kathy, Kathleen, and Beth stood there in awe. What could they do? This was a war between Titans. They couldn’t stand up to that….

Ailie gawked at the outdoor scene from the front door, her eyes nearly popping out of her head.

Tony walked up behind her and glanced out. “How’s it going?”

Ailie shrugged. “Kelly got cannonballed into a parked car and she hasn’t got up yet.”

Caitlyn buried her head in her hands as she sat down next to the silent Ed.

Digit wriggled a washcloth in his ears.

Vicki draped an arm around him carefully. “Are you alright now?”

Digit sighed. “I just wish I could’ve done more than just sing. I wish I could be powerful sometimes,” he told her in a resentful tone.

Vicki leaned her head against her cybernetic boyfriend. “You’re you. That’s all you need to be, Digit.”

Kelly twitched. She gasped twice and slowly tried to raise her head, but soon she was floating in pain above the ground. She managed to open her eyes as Mizumi held her in a tendril of steam.

Mizumi grinned darkly. “Your precious Goblin King cares more for Sarah than he does you, Heir to the Labyrinth. He will forsake you, as he has done countless times before. No male can truly love a woman.”

Kelly chuckled despite the pain of feeling her skin dry out from having the moisture sucked from her. “You haven’t … met … the right … guy.”

Mizumi laughed. “Are you speaking of your big blue fairy dragon? His eyes have already turned to a well-turned tail. He forgot you the moment he married you.”

Kelly smirked. “I’m … I’m sure … you … helped.”

Mizumi dropped her in awe. It was like a bright heavenly light flashed in her head. She gasped at the revelation. “All this time … I wanted to smite you,” she said in a whisper. “To think … I’ve stolen the male who makes your heart sing.” She began to laugh.

Kelly gasped for air and stood defiantly, but she struggled to stand. “I’m going to punish you,” she said.

Mizumi laughed even louder. “Yes, Sailor Moon – I’m certain that is your goal.” She approached Kelly and drew back her hand. “Trust me when I say, there are far worse things than death. I’m certain that if this doesn’t drive home the point, Jareth will be sure to educate you as well.” She flung her hand towards Kelly’s face.

Kelly could feel the air rushing. She closed her eyes and was about to fall even before getting slapped.

The impact never came.

Kelly could feel the icy air around Mizumi’s hand, but it was stopped just an inch away from her face. She could hear the others gasp as they watched. Mixed with the smell of ice was the smell of musty old leather and the wretched odor of decaying meat. She smirked slightly. Spike certainly took his dear sweet time to rescue her. She opened her eyes, spotting Spike and Jareth standing next to the others yards away, their jaws dropping in surprise. Kelly turned her head towards Mizumi.

There, Mizumi stood, stunned, as her forearm was held tightly in place by bony black fingers that were cracking at the knuckles, the claws on the hand digging deeply into her skin.

The sharp long hooked beak curled at the corners into a dark smile.

“MmmmMMMMMmmmm,” the grating high-pitched voice noted, “I see someone needs an education about real magic.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Wicked smile. Thank you for updating.

Riz, you're forgetting Scott wore ruby quartz glasses, plus the jewel was in his costume visor, so of course they were red beams he shot.
Going toe to toe with Willow, just as formidable a faceoff as challenging Mizumi.
You know, I've never watched Lost... So those references are lost on me at the moment, but I do applaud your fandom of it.
Sailor Moon? Mizumi, have you been dipping into the mangas again?
*Resumes wicked smile at the last cameo. Should we release the Gartham to finish Mizumi off? Mmm, only if Kelly says so.
*In Dracchier other persona voice: At any rate, I don't think it would be fair to hextend to you, Mizumi, the same personal protection offered to your daughter, which she accepted when becoming a member of our numbered realms.
*Evil laugh as that other persona subsides once more.

Again, thanks and post when you can.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Skulks in a hurried manner into the sanctuary of fics, seeking shelter, excaping from the curret crud the kidlets at the townhouse are enacting. Save us please Kelly!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The yard outside the Townhouse was completely silent.

Except for Rizzo, who dashed around to the spectators, even the residents who lived in the Townhouse who finally managed to slip out the front door to watch. He held out a pen and paper. “Takin’ bets heah!” he exclaimed. “What ending is dat looney Kelly goin’ for, huh? Are we headed for da LOST endin’, wit’ dis whole town bein’ some sorta limbo? Maybe she’s gonna go for Buffy an’ make all you guys superpowahed or somethin’.”

Tony raised a hand. “I wanna be a movie star.”

Caitlyn shrugged. “I want to have my own car.”

Ailie glanced at Caitlyn. “I thought you wanted to be a veterinarian, too?”

Mizumi, however, struggled against Chamberlain’s grip. When she was in Kelly’s form, she fled from Garthim, only to be rescued surprisingly by the underappreciated Skeksis. She tried to tear her arm away, glancing at Jareth, who still stood there, motionless and jaw agape. “I’m going to always love you,” she told the Goblin King bitterly.

Jareth smirked and finally found the will to respond. “And you mock Sarah’s mental capacity?”

Mizumi turned to Chamberlain, her eyes filled with hatred and revulsion. “Take your hand off me.”

Chamberlain grinned darkly. “I told you goblin magic was inferior! I told you to trust me! No one ever suspects the lonely Skeksis! No one ever gives him even the slightest consideration! Jen and Kira always got the credit for saving Thra – but it was I, I, Chamberlain, the mighty SkekSil, who made the entire plot possible! I wanted peace for my world! I wanted an end to division!” He growled as he threw a shocked Mizumi to the ground and sighed. “No one ever thinks of Chamberlain as the hero – just that horse-faced little boy!”

Ailie giggled as she listened to the Skeksis’ indignant monologue.

Jareth raised a hand to get Rizzo’s attention as Chamberlain continued to rant to Mizumi. She sprang up and lunged at him, but he flicked her away like a horsefly. She cringed as her skin sheared against the concrete. It hurt less than when geysers scalded her in Pangaea, but it still stung.

Chamberlain inhaled. “Unlike that zombie dragon fellow --.”

Uncle Deadly glowered, clenching his fist.

“—I, Chamberlain, knew what you were to begin with! I could sense the struggle of light and dark within you. I could sense that you were merely a role, the body of Kelly merely being a puppet that you manipulated. It was I who sent the Garthim after you!”

Spike grumbled. “Dey attacked me too!”

Chamberlain grinned, chuckling. “I wanted my rival out of the way!” He growled angrily at Spike. “Do not dare to interrupt me again!” He glanced back at Mizumi. “Hensonville is a town for roles! Just as Ed isn’t really some real estate manager, just as Kathy isn’t some fitness guru, just as that weird girl isn’t some rock band groupie – you aren’t but a mere shell of your being! You merged with Kelly’s role as the Disturbed Cosmic Power so that you could hide from your ex-boyfriend and spy on him without him noticing! You hoped her power would keep your true identity hidden! But, I, I, Chamberlain --.”

We get it!” Jareth barked furiously. He approached, stomping his feet. “Is your example of Thra magic simply boring us all to death with a rambling monologue?”

Kelly couldn’t help but chuckle as she struggled to keep standing.

Chamberlain glared at the Goblin King. “I wouldn’t be so quick to mock me, Goblin King! In this universe, my merged form, my true self, reincarnated as your little demented Wiseman. I am responsible for giving you the will you needed to defeat the rampaging goblins! I, I, Chamberlain, gave the Magic Pipe to the first of the Fraggle Minstrels! You would have no power if it were not for me!” He turned and latched his spindly hand onto Mizumi’s hair and jerked her up to her tiptoes. He glanced back at Kelly with a softened expression. “Jareth isn’t the only Pathmaker. I, Chamberlain, also define my own role in the universe. I only ask that you, and only you, remember what I do for you!” He closed his eyes as he held Mizumi in place as she struggled to break free. His voice reverberated. “What was sundered and undone, shall be whole … the … two … made … one.”

Everyone screamed in pain, falling to the ground. Jareth, before he blacked out, saw the sky start to crack.

Had this been in one of his crystal spheres?

<><><>

Kelly screamed. She was shaken awake. Kelly nearly fell out of bed. Her mother, who looked like her except for darker hair and a heavier frame, stepped back, afraid her daughter would lash out. “Kelly? Are you awake?”

Kelly put her hand to her forehead, closing her eyes, groaning. She was still kind of out of it. “Take off your jacket.”

“Pardon?”

Kelly snapped out of it. She breathed heavily. “I … I … I’m sorry, Mom.” She lay back down, trying to relax, but her body felt like it was imbued with a liter of adrenaline. “I guess I was talking in my sleep. I just … I wonder ….”

<><><>

Liza jumped as her name was called. She was drooling over a fancy Hollywood movie camera. She glanced around. Tony, armed with a bullhorn called out to her, telling her to pay attention.

“The movie’s not gonna shoot itself, you know.”

Liza smiled, blushing. “Sorry, sir.”

<><><>

Ed left his bedroom, concerned that he smelled something cooking in his kitchen, in the building complex where he lived in Puerto Rico. “Who’s there?”

He could hear the oven door close. “I was merely making breakfast,” replied a familiar voice.

Ed gasped. Uncle Deadly was living in his apartment! He started singing, “Who’d have thought I would see the day, where I hear you say, what I heard you say!

<><><>

Robbie Sinclair, in his robes as Chief Elder, stood in the cave entrance as Mizumi groaned, waking up. He sang, “And now … I find … what was always in my mind was in your mind, too.

Mizumi chuckled. “Who knew?” she asked aloud, having decided the time to begin preparations to defeat the Goblin King once and for all had come.

<><><>

Kathy snapped to attention as a young girl with blonde hair tugged on her scrubs. She gasped. She never expected to find Prairie Dawn standing before her in the children’s clinic– but it felt like it was always meant to be. She smiled. Her headaches hadn’t troubled her since she woke up that morning. She had looked in the mirror before going to work. Things were going to be great from now on. She sang quietly, “Fantasies come true! And now I see, that what I’ve always dreamed of was meant to be –- you and me, me and you! Fantasies come true!

<><><>

Beth grinned as she hummed a dramatic melody to herself as she entered the locker room. Red Fraggle waved to her. Beth waved back. For such a little thing, the Fraggle was certainly giving her a run for her money. Still, who could fault a Fraggle for earning a spot on the team? At least Beth landed a spot opening for the Electric Mayhem….

<><><>

Kelly walked her two dogs in the woods deep in the dog park. They ran to go chase a squirrel. Kelly smiled, but gasped as she found herself whisked off the path by a huge hand. She turned around and Spike stood behind a large tree, glancing around, trying to make sure other humans hadn’t spotted him. He winked at her. “I want you to know the time that we spent – how great it’s been, how much it’s meant.” (He wasn’t all that into singing.)

Kelly sighed happily, embracing him at the waist (he was much taller than her, after all). She laughed as she sang, “Gosh I don’t know what to say! I’m really glad you feel that way! ‘Cause I’m afraid that I like you more than I ever liked any guy befooooooore!” She inhaled. “And now --.”

<><><>

Kathleen snuggled against her husband on the sofa as they watched a movie on television. “And now --,” she sang in his ear playfully, twirling his hair in her fingers.

<><><>

Ailie squealed with delight as she jumped in the Mayhem bus with the band. They played a triumphant tune as she sang, “I love … I’m getting what I’ve always been dreaming of!” The bus turned onto the exit ramp leading to New Orleans, where Ailie was going to finally see where the band … and she … was going to set up shop for the next few months. “Whoo, baby! Fantasies come true!

<><><>

Jareth, with no memories of what happened in Hensonville, stared at Sarah’s image as he sat in his throne room. He sighed and sang, “And now – I swear – that when you need me, I’m gonna be right there – to care -- for you!” He put the crystal ball away, oblivious to the smashed one underneath his throne. “I’ll make your fantasies … come … truuuuuuue.

THE BEGINNING