The Reunion -- Hensonville Fic

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly sat on the small bench just above a tank of water, swinging her feet nervously.

“I’m gonna nab ya for shore,” Pearl said, tossing the little bean bag in her hand, staring at the little target shaped like a glowing crystal ball by Kelly’s side.

Kelly smiled. “Go ahead.”

“I reckon you’ll kill yerself ta keep from headin’ over to th’ Townhouse,” Pearl noted before throwing the bag.

It missed.

Kelly laughed. “Nope.”

Cookie Monster appeared next. “Me think you stick witch in oven and make evil cookies.” He threw and missed.

Kelly shook her head. “Nice try, though, Cookie.”

Red rolled her eyes as Cookie Monster walked past her. “She can’t kill the villain, silly. Hensonville fics take place in the Comeback Universe. It’s currently 2010, so Mizumi hasn’t made her play against Jareth in New Pangaea for another year at least.”

Cookie stared at her, his pupils waggling over his eyes. “You know lot of timeline for species that don’t keep accurate birthday count.”

Mokey Fraggle suddenly appeared, petting her bean bag tenderly.

Kelly perked up. “Hey, when did you get here?”

Mokey smiled bashfully. “Kathleen and I just got here,” she replied. “We were hoping to catch up. It’s been so long.”

Red nodded as she bounded over to Mokey and hugged her. “Longer than that white bird poem of yours!”

Mokey shoved her away teasingly. “That’s not very nice, Red,” she responded, sticking out her tongue. She turned back to Kelly, held the bean bag close to her heart, and closed her eyes. Inhaling, she continued, “I think this story will end with true love.” She tossed the bag toward Kelly’s target. It got closer … and closer ….

<><><>

Uncle Deadly stayed put as Mizumi furiously attacked the rest of the Townies. He turned to Ed. “If electricity can harm her, I suggest we try.”

Ed shook his head. “If Mizumi dies, it could upset the entire spacetime continuum. I’m pretty sure that’s not a good thing.”

“But ve’re just going to let this enchantress take over the Townhouse?” asked the Count. “Perhaps if I count, the lightning combined with Deadly’s lightning could overtake her.”

“We’re not getting involved,” Ed replied, his tone ending the conversation.

<><><>

Kelly landed in the water.

“I’m so sorry!” Mokey gasped.

Kelly got out of the tank and coughed, rubbing her forehead. “Your aim is awful!” she loudly commented.

“I swear I didn’t mean to hit you!” Mokey offered in defense, her eyes wide with alarm.

<><><>

Digit tried to run as Mizumi chased after he and Vicki. Waldo did his best to protect his cybernetic father and his girlfriend, turning into various obstacles like umbrellas and brick walls to keep him dry. Mizumi screamed in rage.

Vicki clenched Digit’s hand ever more tightly. “What are we going to do?” she asked. “Waldo can’t keep this up forever!”

Digit nodded. “I’m going to send Kelly an email. We need her help.” His eyes closed momentarily as he wirelessly sent an email with just his thoughts. 80 percent complete. 95 percent complete. Before the progress bar in his mind’s eye hit 100, Mizumi’s water blast broke through Waldo’s form and made contact with Digit’s fragile frame.

<><><>

Spike sighed as he left the Cave of Elders. Robbie was such a fool, trusting that white-haired woman like that. He happened to catch a glimpse of something fluttering nearby. He walked through the tropical brush to get to it and found a small brown and white owl fluttering helplessly on the ground as though the wings were broken.

“Sorry,” Spike noted with a shrug. “Don’t try ta kid a kiddah. I’ve been hungry for eggs anyway. Dis lil’ routine ain’t gonna hide ‘em from me.” He started searching around the opposite direction from the owl.

“She needs you,” Jareth commented, suddenly in his normal form.

Spike turned around and glared at him. “My heart can only break so many times.”

Jareth smirked. “I never thought you to be so fragile.”

Spike stood there, motionless. Finally, he shrugged. “Even mountains break apart eventually. I got biggah fish ta fry dan help Toots wit’ some psychoanalysis. Now get outta here ‘fore I rip your chest out.”

<><><>

Newsie sighed as he stood before the drenched Kelly, holding a bean bag. “I believe I can surmise the ending of this tale.”

“You tell ‘em, Clyde.”

Newsie groaned and looked back at a smiling Cotterpin. “For the hundredth time, Clyde Crumpet was my father, not me. I’m not twenty years older than Rowlf!”

Cotterpin giggled. “If you say so, Clyde.”
TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Intriguing.
Happy to see Mokey show up at the party.
Taking a bath in the dunk tank Kells? Well, as long as you have your Rubber Duckie...
Waldo should watch out, his morphing's no match when it becomes a battle of WonderTwin powers against Mezumi.
Digit... Dude, I hope you end up with better luck than Clyde, er Newsie. First pillows to the head, now a watery drenching.
Heh, I knew Spike would make an appearance... And Jareth too.

As I said before, intriguing. More please? *Makes batty bat eyes.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, I've been watching Muppet Babies a lot on youtube. It's the first episode where the reporter's name is Clyde Crumpet, and it's obvious that the humanoid reporter is based off of Newsie, though without the glasses and squinting. It's either just an in-joke or it's saying this is actually Newsie's name. This is why I told Liza not to get too attached to Angel Nixon. I'm deciding to call him Clyde, LOL, as this is the closest thing we have to a real name for him.

I made Spike Jareth's possible solution, but I'm still musing on how to end this with something satisfactory to the Comeback continuity. The original thought was just to kill her ... until I remembered that my Dorms fics are meant to take place in between 2009 and 2011, which is why I left that gap in the Comeback stories. Now I have to come up with something else. It'd be kinda bittersweet to have Spike be the hero, as we'd have to split up sooner or later anyway per the continuity.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, I'm sure you'll think of something. Gots time to wait until RTL Volume 4 comes out and stuff would have to be added for continuity's sake. But if it's gonna go how Mokey guessed, I just have this weird image/idea of a huge triple date between Toby/Moppet, Sara/Jareth with Hoggle in toe, and then Jareth or whoever his ablation is if he has one and Mezumi. Yeah, complicated, I know. And don't even get me started on what I hatched in my head during the hostage sitch at the townhouse for myself... :scary:

*Waits for more story. :flirt:

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
! I remems that episode! I watched in on glorious, glorious Youtube not to long ago! X3 I must say, Clyde Crumpet is a rather dashing name indeed...*mega-tackles Clyde* Mine >> <<

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just got up on the latest two installments - very nice! I love how you're writing my hyper little roomie!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I love this! You paired me with Mokey, yay! I can't wait to see myself...
:zany: The hostage scene was so funny!
:sing: At least the first part of it... Poor Digit!
And you included Spike, cool!

Can't wait to see more!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL ... I never realized a story about a girl and her dino could be so missed. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:sing:
La-de-da-de-dum, la-de-da-de-dum.
Where's the post with an update?
La-de-da-de-dum, la-de-da-de-dum.
Where's the post with an update?
La-de-da-de-dum, la-de-da-de-dille.
I want to read more, now spill!

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Fun, excitement ad drama- Oh my!
I hope you post more soon!
Maybe I'll write a story of my own soon. Reading them is fun, but writing them is even better! :excited: