1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

It works if you delete the muppet central part of the link when it comes up, and just go to the www. rhlc part. Did you try that?
  2. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

No, I didn't. 'Spose I oughta. Thanks.
  3. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Sorry bout that guys!

RHLC

It's fixed!
  4. ReneeLouvier

Hello friends and members of The RHLC!

I've UPDATED the artwork!! Two personally done by moi, and 26 favorites!
  5. Muppet Newsgirl

And she's updated the avatar again! Let's see...that is from Of Muppets and Men, the photo at the start of ch. 8 (Waiting).

Did you draw that? Looks great?
  6. ReneeLouvier

Noope. It's a trim from the picture of Richard holding Animal out over the children's heads! I took the picture itself and traced over it in MS Paint. Then I cel-shaded it following the shades of the mono-cromatic pictures.

I'm planning to try to do the entire picture of him and Scooter soon. It took me about 2 hours to do that.

Cel-Shaded & Original Side-by-Side
  7. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Wow, that's a great job, ReneeLouvier. Love the RHLC art section too. How did you cel-shade it?
  8. ReneeLouvier

Just took the picture of him (the actual picture too!) and took a red lining tip (in MS Paint) and just outlined the different shaded parts of his face. Following the natural outline. Then I picked out facial colors remembering some of the full color shots of Richard. For his hair I simply blanked it out completely, and then took it into Photoshop and did light chalk in four shades of black: Black, dark gray, light gray, then almost white.

All together it took me about....I'd say 2 hours do that small picture.
  9. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Ooh. Well, thanks. I'll try that, it sounds like it'll be useful. Thanks. :)

Oh, btw, I just got the funeral dvd. I only saw about half so far because the darn thing was scratched and I finally got fed up for now, but Richard introduced the whole thing. It was nice. He looked really healthy, too, and ran up to the stage, so he was fine then. I'll keep you guys updated and stuff when I get a new wind to deal with the pixels and scratches.
  10. ReneeLouvier

Working on Scooter's Cel-Shaded picture right now. Hopefully it'll be done tomorrow, and it'll be up to view on RHLC's DA account. Loving this type of work. Might attempt Janice, and perhaps Sweetums. Sweetums will be really hard, as it'll be a full length picture. XD
  11. ReneeLouvier

Actually working on the Scooter and Richard picture. Currently on Scooter's hair. ;)
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Actually, your right on the money Bill.
  13. Muppet Newsgirl

He wasn't the original Statler (that was Jerry Nelson), but he was the most famous Statler. It's rather appropriate, I think, to have the Muppet crew's resident cutup up in the box working one of the hecklers. It looks like Jim and Richard had a good time doing that.
  14. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I've often found the It Was a Very Good Year number of one of the season 4 episodes ironic - two old men puppets singing about being in the twilight of their lives are being performed by the two men that the Muppet family would lose first.

-Kim
  15. Muppet Newsgirl

Both of whom were way too young to die. Jim was still quite young, 53...and Richard was 40. Just a kid, and the same age John Lennon was when he died.
  16. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

All right, well I finished the funeral. He made a sweet little speech about how we shouldn't be too sad about Jim's passing because his spirit was still with us or something sad like that.

And he was helping out to get everyone's lines and stuff when they all sing Jim's favorite songs. And he did Scooter, and he and Frank Oz had this little side Chat as Fozzie and Scooter in Simon Smith very quickly in between words.

Oh, and at the end when they all did Saints go Marching In, he found this kid who was sad, and he took the kid's hands and were clapping them for the now-smiling kid. It was real sweet.

But everyone else seemed almost crying, ((besides Michael Frith, who seemed like he knew everything was all right)), Richard seemed, almost /too/ in control, like he was blocking out what happened. I guess it's just his way, and he seemed like he was trying to keep it cool for everyone else who was falling apart. That's it for now. Hope that helped.

Oh, if anyone has any questions about the funeral in general, or Richard's part in it, I'd be happy to answer them.
  17. Muppet Newsgirl

Well, now isn't that sweet. Clearly, the man was really good with young children. It seems that he'd have made a good father, yet he apparently didn't have kids of his own...unless Renee's dream turns out to be at least halfway true, but that's another story.
  18. ReneeLouvier

In the back of my mind, I'm still hoping. ;)

Scooter's hair is almost done too. Then I'm going to go down and work on Richard's face. x_X That microphone is gonna give me a time, cause it's partially blurred.
  19. Muppet Newsgirl

Good grief, tracing and re-coloring that picture would take me an eternity and a half to do, and I got A's in art class in school. Good luck on the picture, Renee; I'm sure your guardian-angel-slash-father-figure (no further intro necessary) would love it.
  20. ReneeLouvier

Yes. It is freaking...HARD! But I'm getting good on it. I'll probably get to another plateau tomorrow afternoon..or morning whichever is quicker. XD