The RHLC!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Richard died the year before I was born.:cry: I really like his role of Scooter.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Jan. 7, 1992? I was six years old, plus two months. And a lot of us love Scooter as well. He just appeals to everyone.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
6 years, 5 months, 1 day, exactly when Richard died. Never knew it until I was 16 years old, + 4 months or so.

I cried hard when I finally learned it.

-------------------------

Do you ever imagine Richard singing as Junior Gorg, or Scooter? The expressions on their face when they sing? Seeing their faces when they sing those songs?

I can see Richard belting out songs as Junior Gorg, letting his clear voice reach the heavens in the recording booth, as he sings. It's just beautiful....I can see it clear as day.

Next time your listening to a song, any song, Richard or no...just close your eyes, and think of them singing that song.

I'm sure it'll bring a smile to your face.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I was being born in two months when it happened. So I suppose I was technically alive while he was. Kind of uncompleted, but still basically in existance. I found out when I was 13 and a couple months, cause I thought he was kinda cute and looked really fun from the pictures in The Works, and knew one Muppeteer had died besides Jim, then finally put two and two together when I turned to that page that said 51-92. Then I looked him up on rhuntfan, and that's when it rully hit me. :frown:

I totally picture Richard in those songs every once and a while. :smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I was just doing my history homework (taking a little break, heh heh) and I read about a New Yorker named Walter Hunt in the 1830s, who one, invented the safety pin, and two created the first sewing machine. But he abandoned it without a patent, fearing that his invention would take work away from seamstresses, and put those women out of work. Wouldn't it be neat if he was related to Richard? It kind of sounds like Richard, caring so much about other people. Just a thought. Going back to work now. *Sigh*

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
That's something really interesting, MBM! It's something to really think about ya know. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I got a hold of Of Muppets and Men through my university library's Inter-Library Loan system, and I've already read through it several times. Great book. Richard was clearly the resident joker, as it makes quite clear in the chapter 'Waiting.' He'd have been a lot of fun to know, and reading those descriptions of his impromptu performances for visiting kids...

On a slightly different topic, I mentioned earlier that I was six years and two months old (DOB Nov. 5 '85, sign Scorpio) when the late, great Mr. H. started his new hobby of pushing up the daisies. I think I learned of his death when I was eight years old. I was watching "Muppet Christmas Carol," and when I saw 'In Loving Memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt,' I immediately thought, "That's Scooter's voice." But I didn't really realize how much of an impact Richard's death made until later.

Even at an early age I tended to read the credits at the ends of films. In the case of the Muppets, I was curious as to who played who.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I love that picture. And the little one in that chapter where he has the hat with the American flag attached and it says "Richard Hunt takes no chances" for the caption. That book owns. :big_grin:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
I got a hold of Of Muppets and Men through my university library's Inter-Library Loan system, and I've already read through it several times. Great book. Richard was clearly the resident joker, as it makes quite clear in the chapter 'Waiting.' He'd have been a lot of fun to know, and reading those descriptions of his impromptu performances for visiting kids...

On a slightly different topic, I mentioned earlier that I was six years and two months old (DOB Nov. 5 '85, sign Scorpio) when the late, great Mr. H. started his new hobby of pushing up the daisies. I think I learned of his death when I was eight years old. I was watching "Muppet Christmas Carol," and when I saw 'In Loving Memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt,' I immediately thought, "That's Scooter's voice." But I didn't really realize how much of an impact Richard's death made until later.
Oh my goodness! I had the same thing happen to me, Muppet Newsgirl! I got it through my State Library this weekend! I LOVED reading about Richard and everything! It was....SO halarious! I also was able to get ahold of "Jim Henson : The Works" too. I have to return both of them (As their from the State Library unfortunately) on Friday. I intend to scan in as much as I can before then!!!

Even at an early age I tended to read the credits at the ends of films. In the case of the Muppets, I was curious as to who played who.[/quote]

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I know, isn't it a swell book? I've also read The Works. I brought it home from campus with me one weekend, and I had to pretty much pry it out of my family's hands (they're also Muppet fans, but I kinda win the award for being the biggest nerd).

The Works is part of my library's permanent collection, so I can go in and read it and check it out at any time, thankfully.