The RHLC!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I had to nag a copy of Muppets and Men from a seller who had bought it from an obscure library in Daytona. But if anyone's interested in a copy, there's some on Amazon. Kinda pricy, though.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, they've got a few copies posted on Alibris. (British accent) Bloomin' expensive, they are.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Geez....I know a good deal.....down here in SC.....but......I ain't gonna say!! I just WISH I had enough money to get it.

BTW: It's only $76.00 during the sale!! $95 normally!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to borrow Of Muppets in Men yesterday from my internship at The Museum of TV and Radio. I'd thought I'd never get the chance to read it!

It's great that the "indefatigable" Richard is featured so often (as the caption on page 33 describes him). I thought it was touching how he stuck around to entertain the kids, he clearly got so much enjoyment out of that. :wink:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
It's weird, though, cause in the televised version, they don't even mention how he entertained the kids. They just show him doing a Scooter voice and a Beaker voice. Then for the next two minutes they have an old scene with Scooter. However, I'm not complaining, and the video version is definitely a must-see.

((I had to look up indefatigable. :embarrassed: ))

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(throws open much-tattered Webster's) Indefatigable: Adjective. Untiring or unwavering. (throws Webster's aside) Like I've said before somewhere, the man must have been a real laugh riot. Had I been there, I'd have been laughing so hard I'd have tears running down my face.

But I'd like to know what kind of response he'd get from the parents. Can you imagine, a parent at the doors to the studio saying to the kids, "All right, I want you to be on your very best behavior for the nice Muppet people, because they're very hard at work..." and then the doors fly open and then there's the indefatigable Mr. H. doing his level best to goof off...

Simply put, Richard was (is) just like the favorite young uncle who makes the kids laugh (and the grandparents gasp with horror) at every family reunion.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Ga, Muppetnewsgirl, you wanna make /everyone/ cry? *Sob* *Sniff* I'm not crying *Sobs louder*

in·de·fat·i·ga·ble adj
never showing any sign of getting tired or of relaxing an effort

In·de·fat·i·ga·ble (ĭn'dĭ-făt'ĭ-gə-bəl) adj.
Incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued; tireless.

Definitions of indefatigable from Rhymezone:
adjective: showing sustained enthusiastic action with unflagging vitality

Take that Muppet book writer who thought I wouldn't know the word, and shove it, cause the Borkmeister has it down.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(hands MBM a box of tissues) Here ya go. (crash somewhere off in the distance) I've got to stop pitching my dictionaries toward nearby windows.

Like I said: Richard Hunt = favorite young uncle who makes the kids laugh and gives the grandparents the horrors at family reunions.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Oh, so, now you're gonna say it twice are you?

*Sobs into tissue and blows nose loudly* ....Allergies ...erm...