The RHLC!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
my Church just has one cup and it gets wiped off for each person, which I just frankly have never trusted, heh.
No offense, but I think I would have a little trouble trusting doing that too. :embarrassed: Plus when I was younger, I had this thing where was really afraid of germs. :eek:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Thought I'd pop in and spread the word. Remember the VirMup video featuring Beaker's Ode to Joy? Well, the results are in and it's just won a Webby.
On a related note... Did anyone watch the Colbert Report this last week? Colbert went on a rant of organizations who have yet to award him with a trophy/recognition. Among the institutions drawing his vexing was the American Songwriters who gave an award for best composer to some guy, I forget who right now. After the snatch of the composition ends Stephen quips...
"That's real headbanging music. By that I mean it sounds like he banged his head. In fact, I believe we have a clip of this guy."
And as I and anyone else connected to this club or Muppet fandom saw coming a mile away...

Don Music: "Oh I'll never get it, never!"

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
My father grew up Presbyterian, and he said that they use the little shot-glass sized cups for Communion. But yes, Catholics use the one chalice for the wine at Communion, and I believe that's the case in the Episcopal Church as well.

I know that it's got kind of an ick factor, but so far, I've not gotten sick from it. But if I have a cold or a sore throat, I skip the wine and just take the bread. And as for the bread question, most churches I've been to use wafers, but there are some that use a flat, round piece of bread that's been torn into tiny bits.

Oh, bravo, Beaker. (hears Don strike the keys) Hey, someone want to get Don an ice pack or something?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I've used to flat bread before!My mom was always afraid of the bread even thought is was wrapped in a cloth.

But like I said, if was just me as a when I was younger, and I was afraid of germs in general...

But yes! Victory and score on for the Beaker man!:eek:

And nice catch by the way Count!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
WE'RE POSSIBLY MOVING GUYS! :wink:

We as a club might be moving to the Henson People group, away from Friends and Family. This is quite possibly one step to getting stickied. I'll hear comments and suggestions from you guys, and see where to go from there.

Should we stay in Friends and Family? Or should we move to Henson People?

I'll try to create a true poll soon if that's possible.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
WE'RE POSSIBLY MOVING GUYS! :wink:

We as a club might be moving to the Henson People group, away from Friends and Family. This is quite possibly one step to getting stickied. I'll hear comments and suggestions from you guys, and see where to go from there.

Should we stay in Friends and Family? Or should we move to Henson People?

I'll try to create a true poll soon if that's possible.
I think we should move there. That's a good move for us! It's were another fan thread is.:rolleyes: So I'm all for it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's OK Ilikemuppets, no offence taken. :wink:

Wow, the things you find out! My Dad just told me he remembered when he was a kid, they submerged the bread into the wine first and then you received the wine indirectly that way!

And yay Beaker and Don for making beautiful music together this week!

Honestly, I'd rather stay in Friends and Family; I'm just a purist at heart, hehe. But if it is moved, I'll be fine. :wink:

And in case it is moved, I think I'll save and archive the image of the thread on this section, to look back on. Hehe

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It'll be nice to get promoted to sticky status, of course...but it'll be weird to have to go to another sub-forum to find the club. It's like moving a grade up in school - out of habit you walk to your old classroom only to realize you're supposed to be in another room.

But either way, I think we'll be okay.

By the way, Ed, what's the story on the dorms? Will they re-open, or are they pretty much closed for good?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Chalk this up under wishful thinking, but a while back I dreamed that I was on the set of the big trading scene in "Trading Places" - that I was standing on the side of the trading pit during filming. At some point, they call a break in the taping, and I get to chat with Richard for a bit.

Around us, someone made some comment about Pac-Man, and then someone else made a remark about Michael Douglas' character in "Greed is Good." (which made no sense at all because "Trading Places" came out four years before "Greed is Good."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erin, check the dorms discussion thread here in Friends & Family. It's weird, I just read your post about moving, and that's exactly how my view of the sitch feels. Oh well.