The RHLC!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Speaking of DVDs, I checked the final season of Fraggle Rock out from my library last week, and the first things I watched were the "You Cannot Leave the Magic" and the wrap party special features.

Not a whole lot on Richard in either of the features, but he does have some good moments. My favorite is in the wrap party, which he appears to be emceeing, after he introduces Jim Henson (after asking if he should read the list of bad things about Jim Henson!). Jim comes onstage, and Richard starts calling out from the audience "Praise the Lord", prompting Jim to respond with a Convincing John impression. Jim then reminisces a little about how he filmed the Purina Dog Chow commercials with Rowlf in the same studio that they would later film Fraggle Rock in. He mentions that was back in 1961, to which Richard chimes in from the audience, "Some of us weren't born yet."

-Kim

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, the wrap party footage is one of my favorites, too. It must have been really fun to be there - after all, if there's more than one Muppet person in the room, all chances of a quiet evening go straight out the window.

When he's up on the stage, Richard's in emcee mode - at all other moments he's the leader of the hecklers. I also heard him call out "Don't pull the plug!" when Jerry Juhl was making wisecracks about the lighting crew. And when Karen's up there reciting the various laws of Muppeteering, Richard pretty much loses it - his laughter drowns out almost everyone else's. Good times.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Sorry to go a little off from the conversation you've been having here. Just thought I'd join the RHLC and introduce myself. I'm a big fan of Richard Hunt and his work! Scooter is my favourite muppet and I couldn't be more happy that he seems to be making a comeback these days with what seems to be permanent performer in David Rudman. I love what he's doing with the character so far. I hope we'll see more and more of him in future projects, particularly the upcoming movie I've heard about.

Anyway, I don't wanna go on forever. I sorta got to know the muppets and Richard a lot this year and a blog post I did sums up my feelings about both if anyone ever wants to read it http://fletchysworld.tumblr.com/post/191394273/your-face - I guess you could say it's my tribute to him :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
nice to meet you, love the avatar.

lol, man i wanna watch that now, i really like the stuff like that, i keep debating in my head if i wanna buy the fraggle rock seasons, i mean, i grew up on it, and i still sing the theme song, if the bonus features are good, i guess i'm sold. you're lucky your library has it :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, Fletchy, welcome to the RHLC - if you're a Richard Hunt fan, this is the place to be. My name is Erin, and Scooter is my favorite Muppet as well. :wink:

Cool blog - and you're right, that one story you mentioned is a really poignant one - and kind of sad, too. There, you've got the others helping Richard prepare for the party that night, and in the same episode Frank Oz talks about how he kept those vigils by Richard when he was fading.

It's also true for Richard's closing remarks at Jim's memorial - Richard is best known for being the crazy, off-the-wall center of the Muppets, but he's up there giving the audience some much-needed words of comfort and guidance. And as we've remarked quite often, the whole thing becomes more poignant when you realize that Richard would be gone within the next two years.

It really shows how devoted the Muppet performers were to each other - these guys were more than just friends and co-workers; they were family.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Thanks, Muppet NewsGirl :smile: Glad to be here and glad to meet a fellow Scooter Lover :wink:. I agree with you there, I love how close they were. Makes me wish there were more behind the scenes footage or stories out there. I can never get enough of them.

nice to meet you, love the avatar.
Thanks! :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I agree; on all of the Muppet and Fraggle sets, the behind-the-scenes footage is always a lot of fun. It shows that the Muppet performers could be just as crazy and goofy as the characters they played.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm back once more. I had to install another Operating System into the darned laptop. It's now running Ubuntu, a type of Linux. It was free, so it worked.

Also, a good note here: never use something called "Darik's Boot And Nuke" without an Operating System on hand to reinstall with.

Yah....I did that, and completely wiped my hard drive. I mean, it was squeaky clean GONE. But it's all good now, and I'll try to come in here more often, once more.

I love all of you and wish you Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, thats too bad, oh well, at least it turned out all right in the end, glad you're back ReneeLouvier and happpy holidays to you too :wink::excited: