The Scoop of the Century

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
While I'm working on the second chapter, I decided to share a little trivia about Web and Errol.

Web the Swallow is somewhat named after the Sonic Riders character, Wave the Swallow(also my favorite Sonic character yet). Early in the American speculations, people believed Wave's English name to be Web. Come to find out that was a mistranslation. *snerk*

Errol's name comes from the old Weasley owl from the Harry Potter series. The two Errols could be considered opposites, since Harry Potter Errol is old, feeble and is technically just an ordinary aged owl that delivers mail, while my Errol is young, vibrant and(like most Muppet animals) is on par with the human race considering intelligence(and smarter than all those stupid people on the school board... Dr Ed Musgrove, I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Please... My doctorate in robotics designs comes from having mastered the techniques of noted scientists Thomas Xavier Light and Albert Jerome Wily, (who coincidentally has the same first two initials as my tek savvy second brother), which is why I often wemble a bit now that I'm creating creeps for the castle instead of Robot Masters.
Silly me... Here I thought it was a little referencial homage to Aerryl Flynn. Guess it's all Potterisms then. Mayhaps a younger brother named Pidgwegeon will make an appearance in a later chapter.

Oh well... Post more please.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
By "Dr Ed Musgrove", I meant my school system's superintendent... :embarrassed:

I need help with an idea for how Dimentio should stall Web and Errol's van. Should he create an illusion of a deer on the road? Maybe he magically siphons all their gas? Please help me on this! :3

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are good ideas. The ciphening of the gas seems plausible enough, as that would mean our intrepid reporters would have to stop the car, get out, check what's wrong, then go about the locals of Hensonville. It gives you a chance to expand and explore as you go about telling the tale's narrative.
The illusion of the deer seems Potterish, drawing analogies to Prongs his patronas. Maybe this could lead to the introduction of a new character who bands with the journalists on their search of what the heck's going on with these goblin attacks.

Either idea has merits, it depends on where you want to take the story.
Hope this helped... And if it only served to confuse you further, then you can thank the jocular jester for that.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I think it's your story, so I think it should be left up to you what happens. But a little word of advice; they're birds, so you might want to be careful how you handle it. Hope this helps, and looking forward to reading more!

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Okay, I decided to go with the gas ciphoning. That gives me an excuse to make a beans joke. XD Furthermore, I-- urk! *a plant grows from my head*

Dimentio: Ah ha ha... get back to work!

Yes, Master Dimentio...

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Hi everybody. :big_grin: In memorium of me killing the Floro Sprout that Dimentio planted on my brain, I decided to show you guys something. People... this is what Web looks like.

http://puppyluver.deviantart.com/art/TMS-Web-the-Swallow-71598355

I stole the outfit from Maddie's humanized version of her. *giggles* She's dark blue with red markings and black "hair"(really just extra-fluffy feathers). Her outfit consists of blue jeans, a blue shirt with red sleeves and collar, a red bracelet and no shoes. She wears a red pendant that looks like either an upside-down raindrop or a comma, depending on your perspective. Her eyes look black, but they're really a very dark blue.

I'll draw Errol soon! Ciao!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for that. Maybe Web and Sam's daughter would get along... If such a character were ever created, given that her father is ashamed of her dating an owl as mentioned when chatting to Kermit in one of the TMS episodes.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Is coming! I got two hands only! D:

Errol's picture is coming out like something from Pokemon. O_O I need help with his feet. I'm using pictures of real barn owls as reference, but none of them show what a barn owl's feet look like. Does anyone know what their feet look like?