The Scoop of the Century

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Always thought they were two different Pokemon. Eh, just update this with more story please. Pretty please? With um, a Squeekers on top?

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Sadly, I can't get an update just yet. However, I can give you guys some better information on the "charming" magician that me and Maddie are so fond of using in our stories... Dimentio!

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/1/1b/Jester.jpg/120px-Jester.jpg
(This picture was taken from the Super Mario Wiki. Likewise, any information in quotes has been taken directly from Dimentio's Super Mario Wiki article.)

Dimentio looks similar to the common portrayal of a jester, from his hat all the way down to his shoes. Like most of the characters introduced in Super Paper Mario, Dimentio's appearance is almost entirely comprised of geometric shapes/lines. He seems to be fond of purple and yellow, as his hat and cape/cloak/thingy/whatever/Gonzo have an alternating purple and yellow kite shape design. He has yellow diamond shapes on the tips of the purple parts on his hat and near his neck. His cape/cloak/thingy/whatever/Gonzo has a nice purple collar. His face looks like the Roman mask of comedy, though when he is defeated in battle or BOOT TO THE HEAD'd(courtesy of everyone's favorite Italian plumber), his face looks more like the mask of tragedy. His hands(or gloves, I can't tell) are black with a white outline, as with his pants and his point-toed shoes.

"The name Dimentio appears to be a pun on "dementia", referring to his apparent insanity, and "dimension" the plains of existence which he can warp amongst." Dimentio first appears in Super Paper Mario as a minion of Count Bleck, the "main" antagonist who is working to destroy the universe, but throughout the game, he appears to be helping Mario, "making his loyalty questionable at best." Turns out he wasn't on anyone's side but his own, as he... Well, I'll just let you guys play the game and find out.

For more information about Dimentio than you'd ever want to know, visit his Super Mario Wiki article:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Dimentio

You may notice that nowhere in that article does it mention David Bowie. Here comes the good part, the part that I created.

It's actually thanks to the Muppets that Dimentio likes Bowie so much. I had rented Labyrinth some time after getting pretty far in SPM and as Bowie did his "Magic Dance", my brain started thinking of Dimentio doing a magic dance, too. This was further fueled by my idea that David Bowie should play Dimentio if a Super Paper Mario movie was ever made. I decided it'd be funny if Dimentio was obsessed with Bowie, like Mario was said to be Captain Lou Albano's biggest fan in an episode of Super Mario Bros Super Show in which the famed wrestler(and Mario's actor) had gone missing. It all went downhill from there. XD

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing: Dimentio's white/black face with black/yellow eyes is situated with white and a black eye on the left and black with a yellow eye on the right. However, this is only when he's turned to the left. When he's turned to the right(oooooooh, fashion! XD), the coloring flips. But when I'm drawing him, I'll always put white on the left of his face to be consistent.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
A Squeekers on top? Where?

O_O

Oh, yeah...that Squeekers.

:/ Look, kid. I can't stay on top forever.

xD Yay for some sort of update.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Here's a brief preview of chapter 3: it does not contain a box full of ninjas.

What? You want more? Okay then, picture of Errol coming up!

http://puppyluver.deviantart.com/art/TMS-Errol-the-Owl-72700932

He looks like a typical barn owl(save for the whole human-shape thing), with the cream-colored feathers and white face. He typically wears some sort of baseball cap, turned backwards, which I now believe was an unconscious nod towards Interviewers Gabby and Ty(specifically Ty) from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. He also likes to wear two shirts at once, this picture showing a white Tshirt with red sleeves over a black long sleeved shirt. I gave him those cool zipper-pants, y'know the ones that can be switched between long and short depending on the weather. And there's his trusty camera. ^_^

That's all I have for the moment, but I'm working hard(NOT hardly working, as you would think) to finish chapter 3. After that, we get to the GOOD stuff! :excited:

Till next time, ciao! *warps away*

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
PuppyLuver Studios presents

The Scoop of the Century

Chapter 3: Morning

Sorry it took so long for the update!

This chapter totally does not include a box full of ninjas.

Dimentio! Get out of the fridge!

Is it just me, or does Dr Teeth sound like Bob Seger with a sore throat?

------------------

It was morning at the Muppet Boarding House, and Web was awakened from her spot on the couch by an extremely loud rendition of Bob Seger’s “Hollywood Nights”. It woke her up with such a start that she fell right off the couch and onto Errol. “OW!” Errol screeched(no screech owl jokes!). “Get off of me!”

“Sorry, Errol,” Web apologized. “Why are they playing loud music so early, anyway?” She looked around. Judging by how the other Muppets seemed to not be bothered by the music, some even dancing, Web assumed that this was a normal occurrence. She got up to look for Kermit; they still needed gas for their van, after all. After wandering around the boarding house(and almost being hit in the head by a penguin doing a flip), they found Kermit.

“Good morning, you two!” Kermit said when he saw them. “Did you sleep well?”

“Like a baby,” Errol muttered, with a hint of sarcasm. “So, where’s that gas you promised?”

“It’s in the garage.”

Kermit unlocked the garage and led the two birds to a pileup of gasoline canisters, telling them to take as much as they needed. When they went out to fill up their van, they noticed something they hadn’t last night: a black trail of liquid that seemed to have been coming from the van itself. “What the heck...?” Errol mused. He crawled under the van to investigate, and a black droplet fell from a hole in the gas tank and splashed onto his face. “Great,” he muttered. “Just freakin’ perfect.”

“What’s wrong?” asked Web.

“Take a look under here,” Errol told her. She did, and also got splashed by a droplet from the hole. “Something or someone put a hole in our gas tank. We wouldn’t be going anywhere even with that extra gas Kermit gave us.”

“Well, this sucks!” Web exclaimed. She would have gone farther in ranting about how the situation sucked, but a noise startled her. The noise seemed to be coming from the back part of the van. It sounded like a voice... a male voice...

“Amazing,” the voice muttered. “Simply amazing...”

Web gasped. “Someone broke into our van!” she exclaimed. Without hesitating, she made her way to the back doors of the van, shouting, “ALL RIGHT, WHOEVER’S IN THERE BETTER COME OUT RIGHT NOW!” She wrenched the doors open to behold a peculiar scene. Some sort of humanoid jester-creature was sitting on the floor of the van, holding Errol’s video camera and watching the playback with a dazzled look on his face.

“Amazing,” the jester repeated. “I only know of one other person who has ever gotten footage of Jareth...” He turned to face Web. “Which of you was filming when this happened? It’s quite good.” He didn’t even seem to get that he had broken into someone else’s vehicle and viewed private footage; if he did, he didn’t care. Web grabbed the jester by his shoulders and shook him.

“Who are you?” she half asked, half shouted. “What are you doing in our van? Why are you looking at our tapes? How did you break in? ANSWER ME!”

“Well, well, well,” the jester said smugly. “Looks like someone has anger management issues.”

“I DO NOT HAVE ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES!” Web shouted, shaking the jester violently. “I just don’t appreciate burglars! Now what are you doing here?”

“I’d be plenty more willing to tell you if you’d stop with the hostility, birdie.” The jester smirked.

“That’s it!” Web exclaimed. She stomped back into the Muppet Boarding House(still holding the jester by the collar) in anger, even as Errol tried to calm her down. She slammed the jester onto the floor of the boarding house and shouted. “Kermit! I need to talk to you!”

Kermit stepped into the room, but noticed the jester flopped on the floor. “... That’s not who I think it is... is it?”

“If you mean the guy on the floor,” Errol said, “then probably yes. Since that’s how it always is in these sorts of things.”

At this point, others who were at the boarding house passed through the room and noticed the jester on the floor, resulting in shock in some, fear or even rage in others. There were a few who didn’t pay any attention to this, but those who didn’t won’t feature very heavily in this story. The most startling reactions came from Mimi and Misty Pepper, Floyd and Janice’s daughter. Mimi had pulled a handful of sharp, red crystals(called Rubees) out of thin air and threw them at the jester, while Misty beat him with a stick specially designed for beating people, which I will refer to as Poodle.

The jester got to his feet. Strangely, he had only received a few scrapes(from Mimi’s Rubees) and some minor beating damage(from Poodle). “I think we’re getting off on the wrong foot here,” he said calmly. “Let’s try this again. For those of you who don’t already know me, I am Dimentio. I can tell some of you remember unpleasant experiences with me...”

“What’s with this guy?” Web asked.

The three who were best suited to explain, Nastasia, Mimi and O’Chunks, spilled their knowledge of Dimentio. “He was once a minion of a man named Count Bleck,” Nastasia began. “Yeah, Mimi, O’Chunks and myself also served under the Count. Together, we were working to fulfill the prophecies written in the Dark Prognosticus to bring about the end of the universe. I... regret those things now, but no matter what, I would stay by the Count’s side no matter what, as would Mimi and O’Chunks. Dimentio, however, wasn’t exactly what you’d call the most loyal of minions.”

“He wanted to steal the Chaos Heart for himself and make himself ruler of a new universe!” exclaimed Mimi angrily. “He didn’t care about any of us! He didn’t care about Count Bleck! Selfish meanie!

“’E put a girly plant on me head an’ took control of me brain,” O’Chunks said with an unpleasant look on his face. “Not one o’ me fondest memories, I can tell yeh.”

“Yes, yes, as much as I’d like to continue the stroll down memory lane, I still must explain why I’m here,” Dimentio interrupted.

“What is it this time?” Misty, still holding Poodle, asked warily. “More plots to destroy the universe? Revenge? Maybe total mind control of everyone here?”

“No,” he replied. “I’ve turned over a new leaf. I’m trying to help the universe this time.”

Just about everyone listening laughed at that statement.

“It’s true!” Dimentio exclaimed. “Something is causing major damage to the fabric of the universe. I feel that if I help stop it, it would make up for all that I’ve done in the past. That is why the avian journalists are here.” He turned towards Web and Errol.

“Us?” Errol asked. “What do we have to do with this?”

”Yeah, we’re just reporters. We can’t save the world,” Web added.

“Ah, but you can.” Dimentio smiled. “You just happen to have one of the things that are absolutely crucial to my plan.” At this, one of his disembodies hands reached for Errol’s had and plucked it from his head. Nothing happened at first, then some kind of watery substance trickled down his forehead. It dripped into Dimentio’s open palm, where it formed the shape of a blue glass marble. “This is it, the Water Orb.”

“Hey,” Errol exclaimed. “I forgot I had that thing!”

Web gasped. “How did it do that?”

“Simple. It embodies the element of water. The Water Orb, along with the Orbs of Fire, Earth, Air and Spirit, are the key to saving the universe.” Dimentio paused, evidently for effect. No one said anything, so he continued. “However, they are scattered across various dimensions. So far, I am only certain of the locations of three, the Water Orb being in my hand at this moment . I located the Spirit Orb not long ago, and I have lent it to an acquaintance of mine for safekeeping.”

“What about the other one?” Kermit asked.

Dimentio laughed sheepishly. “That’s a bit of a problem. The Fire Orb... it is in the hands of a certain magical monarch I am quite fond of. I think you know him. His name is Jareth. Apparently he’s trying to beat me to the punch, the glory hog.”

“So my question is... will any of you be so kind as to help me save the universe?”

A long pause. Everyone seemed wary of the David Bowie-obsessed jester’s proposal. Then finally...

“SAVE THE UNIVERSE!” Animal and Sapia yelled in unison.

“Well, that settles it,” Kermit said. “We’re in!” Everyone cheered, because that’s just what Muppets do. Everyone, that is, except for Nastasia, Mimi, O’Chunks and Misty, who were still wary about helping someone who had proven himself to not be above betraying people’s trust to get what he wanted, and Web and Errol, who were still confused about the whole thing.