The Scoop of the Century

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Thanks! And, um... thanks for the extra hands... I guess...

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
PuppyLuver Studios presents

The Scoop of the Century

Chapter 2: Stalled

Warning: This chapter(and all chapters to follow) may contain overuse of the word crap, hypnotic secretaries, arguments over Pokémon Battle Revolution and small traces of peanuts.

I should be doing my homeworkinstead of writing this, but I’m not, ha-ha!

Hey, I should get started soon, shouldn’t I?

------------------

Web and Errol’s van sped down the interstate. Both of them were to shaken too speak until they were well away from the diner. As they were speeding down I-75, neither of them noticed the small purple and yellow blur that made its way to the vehicle’s undercarriage, nor the black trail of liquid that followed soon after...

As they turned off the interstate and onto a friendly little street named Bronson Lane, the engine started to sputter. “Uh oh...” Errol muttered under his breath.

“What is it?” Web asked.

Errol pointed to the gas meter. The needle indicating the amount of fuel was close to “Empty”. “We’re out of gas,” he said. “Shoot, and I just filled it up yesterday...” He slammed his forehead onto the steering wheel, inadvertently setting off the horn and startling himself.

“Well, we can’t just stay here in the van,” Web said, shrugging her shoulders. “and we have too much crap in the back for it to be light enough for us to push it all the way to the nearest gas station.” She sighed. “Maybe we should just go to the first house we see and ask for help.” They got out of the van and walked to the first house they(or more accurately, Errol) saw, number 44. Web knocked on the door, and a certain frog that you all know and love opened it.

“Hello there,” said Kermit the Frog, who was still in his pajamas. “Can I help you two?”

“If you have any gasoline, sure,” Web told him. “I’m Web the Swallow and this is Errol the Owl.”

“Hi,” said Errol.

“Our van ran out of gas just now,” Web continued. She thought about telling Kermit about the entire incident... but she refrained from it. He probably wouldn’t believe them, anyway. “Do you think we could stay here for the night?”

Kermit smiled. “Of course!” he replied. “We’re always willing to help out someone in need. Plus, I need to get rid of the excess lawn mower gas that’s in the garage. Crazy Harry lives up to his name.”

“Um, okay...” Errol said. To Web, he whispered, “Do you think we should tell him what happened?”

“I think it’s best if we don’t at the moment,” she replied. They both entered the house. It was mostly dark inside, suggesting most of the Muppets living there had gone to sleep by this hour. The only light other than a small lamp in the living room was the glow of a TV. A young girl with green skin and hair and a muscular man with an auburn beard were sitting in front of it, holding what looked like strange remote controls. They were playing a video game.

Mimimimimimimimimimi... I’m gonna beat you this time, O’Chunks!” the little girl exclaimed. “Kiss your Machoke goodbye!” She made a spider-like creature on the screen fire some sort of energy waves at a creature that looked similar to a human bodybuilder wearing only a pair of underpants. The creature was knocked down by the blast, and a large chunk of its health was taken.

“Oh yeh? Well, watch this!” The muscular man, presumably O’Chunks, made his creature spit fire at the spider, causing it to lose all its health. A male voice from the game announced the results and declared the winner: the blue corner, where O’Chunks’ character stood.[/SIZE]

The little girl threw her controller down in a tantrum. “No fair! No fair!” she screamed. “Machoke’s a Fighting type! It’s not supposed to know Fire attacks! You cheated!

“Yeh accusin’ me of cheatin’, Mimi?” O’Chunks shouted.

Kermit could tell where this was going, and he didn’t like it. He stepped in at just the right time. “Uh, hey, Mimi, O’Chunks! Shouldn’t you two be in bed by now?”

At this, they stopped arguing over the video game. “Hi, Kermit!” Mimi exclaimed. “Me and O’Chunks weren’t feeling sleepy, so we decided to play video games until we got tired.” She looked over at Web and Errol. “Friend or foe?”

“Friend. Total friend.” Errol replied. “I’m Errol and this is Web, my girlfriend.”

Web smiled and waved. “We’re staying here until morning,” she explained. “Our van ran out of gas. So, do you guys live here or what?”

Mimi shook her head. “Nope,” she said. “We’re dimensional travelers. Me, O’Chunks and Nastasia are visiting for a few days. Then we’re going to France to meet Remy!”

“I though’ Miss Nastasia said we’re goin’ ta the Pokémon world,” O’Chunks interrupted.

“Oh yeah, I forgot,” Mimi replied. “Then you can have your cheating Machoke...”

HEY! I ain’t a cheater!” And the argument resumed, until...

“What’s all the racket?”

A blue-skinned, pink-haired lady was standing at the foot of the steps. “Nastasia!” Mimi exclaimed. “O’Chunks has been cheating the game! Machoke isn’t supposed to know Flamethrower, right? Right?”

“Well,” Nastasia replied. “Machoke won’t learn Flamethrower naturally—” (“HA!” Mimi exclaimed. “I knew it!”) “—but it can learn Flamethrower if given the TM for it, so yeah, O’Chunks is playing by the rules.” (“Still think I’m cheatin’?” O’Chunks smugly asked while Mimi’s mouth gaped open.) Nastasia then noticed Web and Errol. “Hello,” she said. “Who might you be?” Web and Errol introduced themselves and explained the situation for a third time. Nastasia nodded and said, “Well, if you’re leaving in the morning, it might be best if you get some sleep. It’s... 10 now, and everyone here wakes up at around 7:30.” She turned to Mimi and O’Chunks. “And you two should be getting to bed as well. Yeah, you’re getting too loud with your game, you’ll probably wake someone else up... quite possibly Miss Piggy.” With that, the three dimensional travelers went to bed.

At that point, Kermit brought in two sleeping bags for the two birds. They unrolled their sleeping bags and quickly fell asleep. It had been a long night, and they didn’t wish to dwell on the incident any longer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Was it a Spinarac or Arrados Mimi was fighting with? Or some new one from Diamond and Pearl? Just wondering. Oh, and I sent Maddie the lyrics for the song. Hope you all post updates again soonish.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Spinarak! Because it's green, just like Mimi! :big_grin: And there's also a hidden connection there... those who've played Super Paper Mario will know what I'm talking about...

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Great chapter, Jess! :big_grin: And, I know why she chose Spinarak...

Mimimimimimi~!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good... Spinaracs are cute. Though to have one evolve... Maybe into a Black Arac?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah well... Since I don't play the games and my knowledge only comes from the animated series... All ten seasons/series... That's just a sort of fannish speculation at what a Spinarac would evolve into. But enough about that, I much more want to know and read what this story will evolve into.

So... Basically... Post more!