1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Videogame Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colbynfriends, May 7, 2008.

1. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I'm debating whether I should buy Kirby's Epic Yarn for myself. I'm a rather lazy video game player :p
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wanna say the Lost Vikings... but that was never an arcade game to my knowledge.

But Gauntlet... ugh... eats money like AIR.

Nothing worse than a game that takes energy out of you from hoards of unavoidable villains... except when they take it out of time too.

I know this is an old quote by someone who isn't even here... but I actually tried BTTF2/3 again and I have to say, the little puzzle games to get items are actually fun. But if you want that, you should check out Bill and Ted's Excellent Game Boy Adventure instead. It has all the fun of puzzle games without the mindless wandering the streets that go in every direction forever in three different time zones.
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I remember The Lost Vikings- great PC game. I don't know if it ever made it to arcades.

I do know I've played the Back to the Future NES video games- and yeah, they are pretty frustrating. I like playing them because I love Back to the Future- but of the various BTTF video games released, I think some of my favorites are the Japanese "Back to the Future Part II" game released for SuperFamicom (Super Nintendo in Japan) and the "Back to the Future Part III" game released for Sega Genesis.
    Even Bob Gale pretty openly said he was disgusted with the Nintendo games. http://bttf.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(video_game)
    But there have been a few other BTTF games of interest- the Back to the Future pinball game is pretty cool from what I hear and just a few years back Christopher Lloyd reprised his role as Doc Brown to help create BTTF slot machines (which Bob Gale directed the storyline for too.)
    And sometime at the end of this year there is supposed to be some new Back to the Future video games released!
    http://bttf.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(2010_video_game)
    This one Bob Gale is very much involved in and will hopefully be a really good product. I can't say I totally like the artwork, but it's not bad for what it is.:)
  4. KarinTeeth

KarinTeeth New Member

Mario, Sonic, and Zelda are the first games I can remember playing. Donkey Kong came around about ten or eleven years ago. X3
  5. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

Classic Sonic : Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, Spinball. Haven't played CD, and 3D Blast is a dizzying eyesore!
    Mickey's Speedway USA for N64
    Michael Jackson Experience: I pwned my friend the other day. MJ rules!
    Pac- Man, Donkey Kong, etc. occassionally.
  6. CountFan1998

Oh. My. Gosh. My friend loves Invader Zim. I mean LOVES Invader Zim, Gir especially. She even went as Gir for Halloween in a custom made costume!
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Has anyone played Rayman Origins? If you are a fan of platformers you need to check it out. Side scrolling platformers are really a thing of the past, but the game proves that they can still be just as fun and hard. I am a fan of the first Rayman and I think Origins is 100x better. Style, gameplay...and its less monotonous. I really like all the redesigns except the magician. He went from a hot whatever rayman is to a teensie (another species in the rayman universe) due to some weird plot thing that rayman is the only one of his kind. Yes...I find him hot (before the change)...dont look at me like that
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I got to meet and hang with the creator and voices behind Zim recently.

Also as far as video games, Im mostly into 2d or 2.5d...not too big on 3d games
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh there will always be side scrollers. A lot of new ones came out on the ds. I am a fan of most newer 2d games, as long as it has that SNES like magic to it.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

:D So guess who beat Portal 2 single player mode tonight?

Next up on my list: Portal 2 Co-op mode with my sister and LoZ: Twighlight Princess on the Wii.
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

me and the wife have been playing Sims 2 for ps2 and have been addiceted to it for three weeks!
  12. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I've been getting into COD: Modern Warfare 3 and the xbox in general haha.
  13. CountFan1998

Let me guess, at InvaderCon?
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

No a little convention in my town of Sacramento, but I had a more laid back random chat with Jhonen at Wondercon last year. Crazy that hes about my age and Ive been a huge fan since 1995
  15. CountFan1998

Oh, I though it was at InvaderCon. My bad! Anyways, it's cool that you got to meet Johnen Vasquez, and Richard Steven Horvitz outside of InvaderCon!
  16. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I've been playing Batman: Arkham City! I didn't play Arkham Asylum except for in a few in-store demos, but, I love Arkham City even though some friends of mine spoiled the ending and all.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I meant major console releases (not counting the indie ones available on XBLA/PSN). Can you recommend any DS ones?
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That's what I mean. Not dsiware, wiiware, or other virtual downloads. Physical cartridges. I'd say the majority of DS games seem to be 2d, well at least 2/3. I think developers realized people want crisp 2d rather than ugly muddy N64 graphics