1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Kiki, Jan 5, 2009.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Oh, NOW it appears. :rolleyes:

muppetgem likes this.
  2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Mein sister and I had to replace our smoke alarms today. We had found out they have not been replaced since the condo unit was built. The condo unit was built in 1985. I could not believe that. The electrician who replaced them said that they had become a color he referred to as "Replace Me Yellow." I don't know why, but I laughed at that.

I also laughed at the fact that the electrician got to see Snowball. The reason I find that funny is because whenever we have to have someone over to fix something or inspect something, Snowball goes running under my bed until they leave.

3. LittleJerry92

On the train in NYC, a black guy claiming he was broke came on like "Excuse me, sorry to bother all of you but I just wanted to announce that I'm broke. So if you could all donate and help me be not broke, I would appreciate it." Just the way he said "not broke" made me have to cover my mouth. :laugh:

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

5. Any Del

Any Del Active Member

Seeing some of Angry Joe rants about YouTube's Copyright system had me dying of laughter! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I'm "baby-sitting" my parents' cats (and my grandmother, to an extent) while they're in Disney World this week. Tonight, I didn't know what I wanted for dinner, so I had a bowl of cereal (who says you can't have breakfast for dinner?) Anyway, the cereal is a new donut flavored cereal, and my parents' cat, Bear, got up on my chair while my back was turned, and ate a piece of it. I picked him up and handed him to my grandmother. Then I went to get the milk, and there he is on my chair again, eating my cereal! I know he got a piece that time, because I heard him crunch on it (he and his "sister," Natasha, are not allowed on the tables). I called my parents to tell them that (because it's just too funny), and they cracked up. My dad says Bear thinks he's a dog, because he eats things that cats don't usually eat. But pink donut flavored cereal?! I called my sister to tell her, and she said "he's a nut." All I have to say is Bear better not come crying to me if his poo turns pink!

Bear also has a habit of trolling the kitchen table for food. I microwaved a pepperoni pizza for lunch today (right after I had fed him and Natasha), and he kept trying to get at it.

Keep in mind that I do not feed my cat, nor my parents' two cats, people food. If they get into people food, it's because they steal it off the table when my back is turned.

Incidentally, no, the Donut Shop Pink cereal does not belong to my parents. I bought some food at the store yesterday and brought it over to my parents' house, because they do not have the same tastes in food that I do.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

D’Snowth’s new Arthur poop.

9. MikaelaMuppet

The Buzzfeed video where Ted Cruz is doing Simpsons impressions.

And what's even funnier is that it has sooooo many dislikes compared to likes.

10. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

You wanna see a really bad like - dislike ratio?

11. MikaelaMuppet

And the first comment says that Sony canceled Popeye just to make this movie.

muppetgem likes this.
  12. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Isn't it sad? We could've gotten a great movie, but instead we got trash. :(

13. MikaelaMuppet

14. MikaelaMuppet

And the reviews are so negative too.

15. LittleJerry92

I blame it on the teenagers born post 2000.

muppetgem likes this.
  16. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

That is nothing new. Ten years ago we encountered the same thing. They get you on the subway because you're a captive audience, you can't walk away, and some people feel guilty enough to give them money.
    Every time I go in the city, I always bring granola bars with me. I won't give them money (I will not enable someone's addiction, if they're going to buy booze or drugs), but I will give them something to eat.
    I gave one homeless lady granola bars once, she threw them back at me and cursed me out.
    Thank you for your gratitude, lady. I was trying to help so you don't starve. But this proves why beggars can't be choosers.

17. fuzzygobo

Man, this belongs on that "Question For Everyone" thread. This sums up everything that's wrong with Sesame addicts. They're not brats, they're addicts.
    But it also shows their spoiled sense of entitlement, and glaring lack of gratitude.

So, you work at a gas station? Great, then fill it up with regular and check under the hood! Hop to it! Chop Chop!

cjd874, LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  18. fuzzygobo

Or even better, give us free gas now! You have gas and our tanks are near empty and we're running on fumes! Do it now or I'll get Schfifty, Snowthy, and my posse of Muppet brats to get you to cry uncle! Gas is expensive and my wife works at CVS, ya know! Us working stiffs are entitled to unlimited free gas and you're stiffing us, you bum! 8)

19. fuzzygobo

Actually, I misjudged this Patrick guy. Here I thought he was being selfish, when actually he was being quite generous.

He was giving us two faces for the price of one. 8)
    He pulled off the spectacular feat of being the bully AND the victim at the same time!
    Let's hear it for him!

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  20. Any Del

Any Del Active Member

This rap message from Patrick Star to @BlakeConor14! :laugh:

"BlakeConor14, you wanna chop my balls?
    I'll take yours out too!
    Hang em on my walls
    And maybe YOU!
    I'm not a Sesame brat! I'm a Sesame fan!
    Since yall don't wanna chat! I should have yall ban!
    You bunch of selfish rats!
    I don't use Autism to get any of that! (Sesame episodes)
    Fact is yall can't handle the truth of Schfifty the cowardly cat!
    Who wears luxuriating hats!
    Take naps on a mat!
    Swing all of you with my bats!
    Since the majority of you are so fat!
    Like to listen to BS about *** for tat!
    Lets face it; Yall are faded!
    Outdated, deflated and constipated!
    If I had to rate it: Hate it!
    Translated: Yall AIN'T IT!
    I don't give a F**K!
    What yall say!
    Cuz yall suck!