The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope more Sesame Street Muppets like Abby, Ernie, Bert, Rosita, The Count, and the Honkers make appearances in Elmo the Musical as well.
I've seen some poser photos from it, and it seems like mostly Elmo and assorted animal characters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Someone found a brief plot summary for the season premiere episode:
Cookie Monster tries to control himself when the exclusive Cookie Connoisseurs Club makes a visit
Sounds good to me!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cool. A Cookie Monster story in the season premiere. Sounds like the season is already off to a good start.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I love this news. Cookie Monster is finally getting his due again. Glad SW and the writers are recognizing that. :insatiable:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some more plots for the rest of the first week:

Episode 4302

Elmo and Abby are playing a game of hot potato together. Elmo keeps losing the game and starts to feel frustrated. He thinks that something must be wrong with the potato, and tries using another one, but he still loses. He becomes upset and only wants to win. Abby explains that it's just a game and says that she doesn't want to play with Elmo anymore. Telly appears and tells Elmo that what helped him to get better at the game was to practice. Elmo asks if Telly will train him and he agrees. After much practice, Elmo feels ready to play hot potato again with Abby. They play together and this time Elmo wins- again and again and again. But when Elmo begins to show off, it makes Abby not want to play anymore. Leela passes by and realizes the problem. She explains that it's fine to be good at something and to feel proud of yourself, but sometimes it is easy to get very excited about winning and get carried away. You may think that winning is everything and may even forget how you are making someone else feel. Leela says that the trick is to be a good sport, someone who, when they win, doesn't show off, and when they lose, doesn't get too upset. Elmo realizes that he wasn't a good sport and understands why Abby didn't want to play with him. Elmo sings a song about not meaning to hurt Abby's feelings, and he apologizes. Elmo promises to be a good sport from now on and they play another game of hot potato.
Episode 4303

Hansel and Gretel come to Sesame Street for a play date with Big Bird. As they walk to Big Bird's nest, Hansel realizes that he's not sure how to get back to the subway station afterwards. Gretel agrees and thinks they should leave a trail, so they leave a trail of cookie crumbs. When they get to Big Bird's nest, and tell him about what they did, they learn thatCookie Monster ate all the cookie crumbs! Big Bird suggests that they make a new trail and shows them how to get back so they will remember: walk pastOscar's can, past the 123 building, turn at the tree, and past Hooper's store. There will be the subway station. Hansel and Gretel make a new path using paper because Cookie Monster won't eat paper, but the paper blows away in the wind! Next, they make the trail using fish because Cookie Monster doesn't like fish and fish don't blow away. They are finally ready for their play date when the Flying Halibut Fish Jugglers use the fish from the path to juggle! Hansel and Gretel are worried they won't know the way again, but Big Bird reminds them of how to get back. They follow Big Bird's directions and successfully reach the subway station! Hooray!
Episode 4304

Baby Bear is ready to go to Granny's house withPapa Bear. He has a nice, white shirt on that Papa Bear tells him to keep clean while he gets his sister dressed. While Baby Bear waits for them to get ready,Telly passes by with a bright purple ice cream cone in his hand. It's Baby Bear's favorite flavor so he takes a tiny, careful taste, but some of the ice cream still spills on him and leaves a big purple stain on his white shirt! Baby Bear and Telly wonder how they can get the stain out. They try many different techniques such as wiping it with a napkin, pounding it with a rock, and vacuuming it off, but everything they try just makes it worse. Next, Telly has an idea to use Zoe's purple paint to cover the stain so Baby Bear will now have a purple shirt. They paint the shirt, but realize that it is going to take at least two hours to dry! Abby appears and offers to practice her new color changing spell. She waves her wand and the shirt turns back to white. But all of a sudden, the shirt comes to life and races off! Baby Bear doesn't know what to do. Gordon comes by and advises him to tell Papa Bear the truth about what happened to his shirt. Even though Baby Bear is worried that Papa Bear will be upset, he tells him the truth about what happened anyway. Papa Bear says that it's okay and thanks him for telling the truth. They go off to get a clean shirt and agree no honey for a week!
Episode 4305
A very hungry Cookie Monster is waiting for Chris to finish baking cookies, but it's hard for him to wait! Chris offers Cookie Monster carrots to eat in the meantime, and he gobbles them all up. All of a sudden Mario Lopez, a reporter for EXTRA Sesame Street, appears and announces on his show that Cookie Monster is now the Veggie Monster! Cookie Monster, panicked, explains that even though he does love to eat healthy carrots, he is not the Veggie Monster. But everyone insists on calling him the Veggie Monster anyway. This makes Cookie Monster really unhappy. He decides to eat a cookie so that nobody will call him Veggie Monster anymore. He asks Big Bird and Snuffy if they have any cookies to eat, but all they have is birdseed, spaghetti, and cabbage. Cookie Monster tastes the cabbage for the first time and thinks it's delicious! Just then, Mario appears and reports that Cookie Monster is eating another vegetable. Cookie Monster tries to explain to Mario that just because he loves cabbage doesn't mean he is the Veggie Monster. Cookie Monster realizes that the only way he can eat vegetables is if he disguises himself. Cookie Monster eats celery in disguise, but Mario recognizes him and records it for all to see on Me Tube. Cookie Monster is upset and tells Mario how he is feeling frustrated because no one believes him. Cookie Monster sings a song about how no matter how much he loves vegetables, he'll always be who he is - Cookie Monster. Cookie Monster eats the cookies Chris baked for him and Mario reports that Cookie Monster really is the Cookie Monster!
Man, all of those sound great! Can't wait for this season! The press kit should be coming soon too.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I agree Oscarfan! These episodes sound awsome! I like that Cookie appears in THREE street stories in the premire week. :excited:

I'm glad they're addressing the whole "Veggie Monster" thing directly again, hopefully this will put it to rest. And the street story with Big Bird sounds VERY interesting! And I'm glad he's appearing in 2 in the premire week as well. The Telly and Baby Bear one sounds halarious, and I'm even more excited because it looks like Zoe will be in it - we don't see much of her these days. :sympathy:

The Elmo-Abby one sounds okay, but I'd much rather have had it be an Elmo-Zoe one. Anyways, this is awsome and exciting, can't wait for more news. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Elmo-Abby one sounds okay, but I'd much rather have had it be an Elmo-Zoe one. Anyways, this is awsome and exciting, can't wait for more news. :smile:
When I read that description, I thought "Wouldn't that work just as well with Zoe?" Unless there's magic involved, there's no reason for it to be Abby other than what Drtooth always complains about: Elmo and Abby are the two stars, so stick them together as much as possible. At least this outing seems like it will bring emotion out of Elmo.

And another thing that should make Drtooth happy, so far, not a single STEM ep.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When I read that description, I thought "Wouldn't that work just as well with Zoe?" Unless there's magic involved, there's no reason for it to be Abby other than what Drtooth always complains about: Elmo and Abby are the two stars, so stick them together as much as possible. At least this outing seems like it will bring emotion out of Elmo.

And it will bring out some tension between the two. Something I've been asking for.

DTF

Reaction score
Weirdly, I think it's good that it's Elmo and Abby because it doesn't have magic in it. It lets kids see that she isn't only there to do magic, there's more aspects to her.

Great job of usign the whole rumors about Beggie Monster to their advantage. It shoudl put the rumors to rest, but this is the Internet so I'm not sure it will.:smile:

Exciting to see Cookie Monster and Big Bird featured right away, so we know we'll see them each in more than 1 this season. It does get to be like a sitcom with a lot of characters anymore, with only 26 episodes it's hard to fit everyone in. But, even though Elmo and Abby are now main characters, so to speak, the older ones are still regulars and entitled to be in quite a few. One or twoa year is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.