1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The actual press release confirms that Elmo's World is going to be replaced, only to be seen in rerun episodes and a special new segment of the Sesame Street Website. This successfully ends its 14 year run, and that's 14 years too many.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Anything should be better than Elmo's World.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

is frank oz preforming grover in one of those clips above?
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No.
  5. Drtooth

I could speak volumes about EW. it was there only because Elmo became a breakout star at the time, his merchandise was pretty much funding episodes, and they wanted to dump something at the 45 minute mark because the new younger skewing demographic can't sit still for a full hour for some reason. It was a show that catered to the youngest of the demographic (the one that really doesn't get anything out of watching TV anyway), but it felt like it came from another show.

And the strange thing is, something that feels like it came out of another show IS the show now. We have cartoons based on characters that seem to be from another programming block (it IS in other countries). But everyone working on the show has since has tired of EW to the point where they aren't even produced anymore. Elmo the Musical seems to at least take Elmo out of his own little world and interact with something else. I still kinda wish Elmo's Backyard happened. He had characters to interact with non-stop.
  6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Tau mentioned on youtube that he actually plays himself rather than a puppet in a season 43 segment.
  7. Oscarfan

I don't think Drtooth will be too happy about this, but it seems that there will be repeats of street stories again this year...only they'll be happening during the initial 26 episodes...
  8. Drtooth

Eh, doesn't matter to me at all. I usually just follow the schedule on Muppet Wikia anyway.
  9. Oscarfan

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't think SST is "just now" started to interest older audiences... we've kind of always been around.
  11. Oscarfan

I'm pretty sure they mean older like 4-5 years old.

Unless you were kidding, in which case....dolphin!
  12. Drtooth

It is well illustrated in this quote:
    And I say, 'bout darn time. Too long has Sesame Street pandered to the under 3 crowd that wouldn't benefit too much from the series anyway. Now the STEM/STEAM/STREAQZPTM focus makes a lot more sense, and the engineering (and some of the tougher bits of vocab) won't be lost on those who barely understand the alphabet yet. Seems SS might just be out of that slump. Getting rid of Elmo's World (and lets hope it sticks) might just be the best thing that happened to them AND the kick in the pants they needed.
    Oscarfan likes this.
  13. Oscarfan

I wish I had somewhere to watch the new episodes. Alas, no TV in my dorm (that, and class happens when the new episodes air).
  14. Drtooth

I'm surprised that Sesame Street hasn't had any Youtube previews other than the compilation yet... but I guess they've decided to be a little smarter with that stuff since the Katy Perry thing.
  15. Oscarfan

[observant nerd mode] Based on what they did last season, clips should appear the Monday before the season premiere. So, I'm assuming on Monday, they'll upload some of the Word of the Day bits, a spoof or two, and update their site with a season 43 section.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's interesting that some reports say that old Elmo's World will continue in reruns. Does this mean Elmo's World will alternate with Elmo the Musical! or that they'll continue to air reruns from past seasons that are NOT just renumbered (if that's the case then DUH!).

Huh, that one Cookie Monster plot sounds like an extended version of the Matt Lauer segment (one that's one of my least favorite recent Cookie Monster segments), only with a different reporter. And yet this episode plot sounds a lot better. Heh, after reading about it I've wondered if Sesame Workshop has considered compiling a DVD of this street story and various segments involving Cookie Monster promoting healthy food (though a good portion of the C is for Cookie Monster DVD contained such segments, four in a row actually).
  17. Oscarfan

No, EW will only be apart of re-runs from previous seasons.
  18. Drtooth

Are they going to drop the act of newly numbered episodes that are entirely reruns, AKA that stunt they pulled last year?
  19. Oscarfan

The Celebrity Airdate schedule shows some titles for the episodes we don't know. Something Drtooth will not like - the "Birdwalk Empire" spoof airing twice.

I'm a tad disappointed that 5 of the 26 episodes have repeated street stories, but I'm really intrigued by the new Grover song.

EDIT: From the schedules I've seen, all the repeats from previous seasons are listed with their original ep. numbers.
  20. Drtooth

Yeah... this is going to be the season I'm going to stop watching.

Repeated story segments in the lousy 26 episodes (basically leaving only 21 episodes)? And it takes until freaking APRIL to show them? How much money did they lose for that to happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.