The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is apparently a Danish/German co-production from 2008.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087841/

The animation at least looks a lot better than Video Brinquedo's, too, that's for sure. There's actual life and textures to the animation here!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The worms somehow look like Fraggles/Lemmings with longer noses.

Animation does look pretty good. At least the production values are at a Back at the Barnyard level.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh yeah.

And the sad part is, the film still looks better than Turbo. And you can't even accuse it of being cheap. Those actual Disco song rights must've cost a fortune.
Okay, am I well within my right to say if Nostalgia Critic was offended that Lola Bunny had "bunny boobies", I'm twice as offended that the character in that thumbnail has worm +!+$ (since apparently the word is censored)?

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least the production values are at a Back at the Barnyard level.
I'm actually impressed that DNA Productions'/O Entertainment's work was made with commercial-grade (as in, anyone can buy it) animation software, to be honest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm actually impressed that DNA Productions'/O Entertainment's work was made with commercial-grade (as in, anyone can buy it) animation software, to be honest.
I really liked the show Jimmy Neutron, and it was an impressive feat to get that level of CGI animation into a TV series at the time. They've gotten much better, and JN kinda looks a little technologically dated.

But I got to admit... for an off brandish animated film, that Worm movie has impressive TV show grade CGI. That's quite a jump from sketchy PS1 cutscene type quality of some of the other ripoff CGI films listed. And Zula Patrol.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, the aforementioned Doogal is really an "edgy" American redub of a film adaptation of a beloved-by-Brits French cartoon called The Magic Roundabout. And guess which company was involved with the dub?

This one, of course! :rolleyes:

And Butch Hartman wrote the redub script, sadly enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, those Weinstein brothers sure do suck, don't they?

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, is it just me, or does it seem like most CGI movies these days have become dumping grounds for B-list comedians to supply voices, insteading of bringing in A-list celebrities anymore? Seems like anytime an SNL castmate leaves the show, they end up supplying their voices for the next several CGI movies that come out. Then again, that's one thing I've liked in particular about Brad Bird's movies for Pixar, with some exceptions (like Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone), he didn't really rely on A-list celebrities, or even B-list comedians to do the voices... even on THE INCREDIBLES DVD, there's a featurette about the girl who voiced Violet, and she's not even an actress, she's like an author/historian (I think I saw a couple of her books in the store recently).
I find it refreshing. One of the worst celebrity casts of an animated film has to be Dreamwork's Sinbad movie. A-list celebrities that don't sound too remarkable. And while Jim Carrey is a huge name, they could have got Matt Frewer to be Horton for a lower price. They sound that identical.

Meanwhile, you look at Wreck-it Ralph, and all the main celebrity voice cast is made up of second bananas and indie film stars... but their voices are instantly recognizable (Fix it Felix's especially).

Then there's the ill fated Winnie the Pooh film. The only celebrities attached were Zooey Deschanel (who only provided music), and Craig Ferguson. The rest of the film was held up by high ranking voice actors, Jim Cummings, Dee Bradley Baker, and Tom Kenny. I... well... I'd kinda love more films like that.

beaker

Reaction score
The Ice Age series is just plain mind numbingly boring. I mean, it takes place on a frozen tundra. Sid is the only thing mildly interesting. Granted I only saw the first and forth one, and only parts of the second.

Meanwhile, you have Monsters vs Aliens, by far the most amazing, beautiful and epic(and funny) Dreamworks film and DWA decided they wanted nothing to do with the potential franchise or characters. Yet, they make sequels to all their other films. Can someone answer this? I absolutely can't stand most DWA films, but MVA was something special to me. Then again my fave Pixar movie is Up and my fave post 89' Disney 2d'ers are Emperors New Groove and Fantasia 2000.

Also, I saw Turbo 3d the other day(free tickets) The plot turns out to be jawdroppingly double-you tee eff...but I never wanted to leave. I approached it as a coin operated video screen ride, so I enjoyed it on that basis.