The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sure, much like Dinotime, there's NO WAY this is going to hit theaters.
Then if it's a direct-to-DVD movie, how is it still going to make any money there? Even by the low standards of those movies this still looks horrendous.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sick of the notion that sequel=terrible.
Because the problem is today, every single fricken new movie that comes out automatically gets a sequel, even when it doesn't need one, and it's gotten to the point that sequels are now such an overused gimmick, nobody cares about them anymore; it's not like years ago when a movie getting a sequel wasn't that common, and for a movie to get one was genuinely exciting, but now, the sequels are inevitable, and no one cares.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was looking all over the internet for info on this movie, only finding the movie's website and this article...

This article from 2009

THAT?!?!? That took them 4 years to make? And they have delusions of grandeur of a TV series and merchandising... is Ken Vesslemen behind this?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I dunno. Oogieloves opened in 2000 theaters nationwide. however, I doubt this film has a comparable publicity budget.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You have a point there.

Though you have to admit, this actually looks better than Oogieloves. Not by much, but that's a pretty high bar of awfulness.

And seriously... there are NO pages on it. It's so eerily similar to how Oogieloves was released. I'm sure there will be a lot of articles on this 4 year long labor of 3 weeks of effort. Even Studio Brinquendo films look more theatrical than this.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Here are some other projects by the company behind this movie, Omnipulse Entertainment, home of "some of the most advanced hardware and software tools available".

mr3urious

Reaction score
Foodfight's visuals looked marginally better than this, yet took even less time to make. So these Omnipulse guys have no excuse.

Voice acting is also icky. Deuce Bigalow aside, at least Dino Time had some good professional voice actors like Tara Strong and Pamela Adlon in there. And who can't resist Charlie Sheen as a detective dog and Wayne Brady as a flying squirrel? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Voice acting is also icky. Deuce Bigalow aside, at least Dino Time had some good professional voice actors like Tara Strong and Pamela Adlon in there. And who can't resist Charlie Sheen as a detective dog and Wayne Brady as a flying squirrel? :big_grin:
Sounds like some of the voice actors are from Funimation (though not many of their A-listers), which is also based in Texas. At least I know of Luci Christian.

robodog

Reaction score
You have a point there.

Though you have to admit, this actually looks better than Oogieloves. Not by much, but that's a pretty high bar of awfulness.

And seriously... there are NO pages on it. It's so eerily similar to how Oogieloves was released. I'm sure there will be a lot of articles on this 4 year long labor of 3 weeks of effort. Even Studio Brinquendo films look more theatrical than this.
Well let's be fair. They could film paint drying and the result would be better than Oogieloves. It may be boring but at least it wouldn't be horrifying. Being better than Oogieloves isn't hard. The bar isn't raised very high. It's like being the shiniest, most well formed turd in a turd contest. You may be better but you're still a piece of crap.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even this terrible animation is easier on the eyes than those things.

But still... do they have a staff of two people that are only available on 2 hours on alternate weekends? There is no excuse for the animation being this bad. And it's not even an unintentional thing either. The original 2009 concept art shows ugly, expressionless, buggy eyed freaks that look far more like unfinished, test animation fo4r a student film than anything close to being a reasonably finished theatrical animation. Even Reboot looked higher tech than this. Yeah... a weekly TV show using then state of the art technology looks more modern than a film from 2013.