The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I agree the texture of oatmeal can be a bit unpleasant, the flavor can actually be really good if you add a little butter, some brown sugar, and a handful of raisins.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who hated oatmeal. I think it's yucky.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yes. Yes you were.

Until this very day we changed our minds at the very last minute.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice that no matter what it is, whenever I post a pic of Steve D'Monster on Facebook, that gets more likes and reactions that just about anything else . . . nice to know people really do genuinely love them some Steve, lol.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yes. Some people only know Frank because of daughter Moon's "Valley Girl" record in the 80's. But he could play guitar, produce, and compose like it's nobody's business.
Ike probably was his best singer (Flo and Eddie get honorable mention).
And for people who thought his lyrics were obscene, check out the almost-all-instrumental "Hot Rats".
It's nice that high school jazz bands are tackling "Peaches en Regalia".
To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of "Valley Girl," despite its success. I much prefer the stuff from the 1970s...speaking of which, I've just discovered the Flo and Eddie band that Zappa assembled. The "Just Another Band from LA" album is incredible. "Hot Rats" is great too...I especially love "Son of Mr. Green Genes" on side 1.

Apparently, Frank Zappa planned a reunion tour for the 25th anniversary of 200 Motels and he wanted to bring back Flo and Eddie, but sadly he passed away before it happened. Read in the link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Willis#With_Frank_Zappa

Can you imagine how epic that band would have been? Frank, Ike, George Duke, AND Flo and Eddie! I imagine that he probably would have had Chad Wackerman on drums, Arthur Barrow on bass, Ed Mann on percussion, Robert Martin on vocals/sax/keys, and the Fowler brothers (Bruce and Walt) on brass instruments. Maybe Napoleon Murphy Brock and/or Mike Keneally too? If that isn't an epic lineup, I don't know what is.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I notice that no matter what it is, whenever I post a pic of Steve D'Monster on Facebook, that gets more likes and reactions that just about anything else . . . nice to know people really do genuinely love them some Steve, lol.
Dude, you should really bring Steve back for at least one new video. People love him!