The "You know what?" thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Honestly, the MAD TV series (the one that aired on Cartoon Network, not MadTV) is a bit dated now, with all of its early 2010's pop culture and celebrity references. Some skits still hold up today, though; my personal favorite being "VeggieTales From the Crypt".
TTG seems more like a spiritual successor to MAD, seeing as how it shares a lot of the same writing team and love of making pop culture references, as opposed to making fun of DC's mythology itself.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Wait, the writing team for MAD are on that show?

Okay, it makes alot more sense now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In general, commercials tend to only be broadcast for one or maybe two years, while television, movies, and specials have been rebroadcast and released on video many times (not counting TV Land's Retromercials or the fact that we can watch almost any existing commercial online these days).

The various inserts on Sesame Street have been made to be like commercials, appearing in multiple episodes as a result. But it seems like these "commercials" are the other way around, with the street stories only shown during their initial seasons (and maybe repeated two years later) while the many inserts have been repeated for years, with many (especially earlier ones) airing in new episodes for over three decades. Of course many full episodes were not rerun on cable until 1999, and full episodes/street stories were rare on home video until the 2000s. And many street stories and even full episodes from the past two decades have been more commonly officially available and rerun for more years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find it a little ironic that many people mirgrated from DeviantArt to tumblr because apparently tumblr has virtually no rules against posting NSFW art, meanwhile, it seems like DeviantArt is turning into Rule34 lite.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Those Pooh's Adventures memes are basically the baby show equivalent to Infinity War. Except you know, not every well known character obliterates into nothing at the end.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what's something I hear from alot of my friends (in a joking way)?

"I question what goes on in that head of yours..." :laugh:

C to the J

Reaction score
I've watched a couple of Foodie Truck videos on Sesame Street's YouTube page and I just realized something. When Gonger talks, he sounds like Dizzy Devil (from Tiny Toon Adventures). It's pretty amusing if you think about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 and I were actually talking about this once before, and since he brought it up again in the Funny Picture Thread, I can agree that age difference shouldn't be some kind of liability in love or relationships. However, I also think that perhaps such vast age differences might be pushing it a bit far . . . like say if the age difference is such that one party is old enough to be the parent and the other party is young enough to be the offspring, then yeah, that could be problematic . . . and a little creepy too.

I also think part of it, too, is that if there's such a vast age difference that the two people are of different times/generations, that can also be a bit problematic, and I'm actually using my own parents as an example, considering there's a ten-year age difference between them, and my dad comes from that conservative men seem to lament over quite often (where white males were superior to everybody, and everybody else had their place in society), whereas my mom comes from a more progressive time of hippies and the original feminist movement and such.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Honestly, the MAD TV series (the one that aired on Cartoon Network, not MadTV) is a bit dated now, with all of its early 2010's pop culture and celebrity references. Some skits still hold up today, though; my personal favorite being "VeggieTales From the Crypt".
I agree. Most pop culture parody shows become dated fast, which is part of the reason I like Wonder Showzen so much as despite coming out in the very early 2000s, it's just as relevant now as it was back then because they generally left pop culture out of it for the most part (and whenever they did reference pop culture it was more timeless things such as Star Wars, Looney Tunes, and Popeye that will probably be at least somewhat well known forever).

My favorite MAD sketch is probably VeggieTales From the Crypt as well. My other two favorites are probably the one where Blu from Rio was the Green Lantern and the short ThunderCats bit where Lion-O and the other cats did a barbershop quartet song and dance number to distract Mumm-Ra lol. Although this one is one of the more obscure skits MAD ever did, I also really liked the Ghost Rider's Training Wheels one where Ghost Rider made his own bike with a set of training wheels that will turn the rider's head into a skull and set it on fire. I found it very clever at the end when Ghost Rider said that you don't have to even pay for his brand of training wheels, you just have to sign your soul over to a demon for all eternity. That's really, really funny if you are familiar with the mythology behind the Ghost Rider character like I am.

Oh and another favorite of mine was when they had Kermit the Frog show up in the movie Limitless. Seeing Alfred E. Neuman as Zoot was awesome.