The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what's interesting is, January is known to be the most depressing month of the year.

With credit card bills coming in and just going back to reality.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say January is depressing at all (well, again, winter is my season), but even I will agree that it is a long, uneventful, and at times dull month. . . .

But then, July and August have the same problem: I mean once 4th of July is over, that's it for the holidays until fall; August is the only month that lacks a national holiday. So likewise, that period of time is also long, uneventful, and just plain dull . . . but it's worse because it's summer and it's sweltering, so it's like September and fall can't get here quick enough. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
August used to bug me back in the day just because it meant summer vacation was coming to an end.

Now, I'm just like "Eh, just another time of the year."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well sure, all kids felt that way . . . but for me, even that was July, because it's like as soon as the 4th of July was over, then all of the sudden, they begin pushing back to school fever . . . like how as soon as Halloween is over, they start pushing Christmas.

My school system, on the other hand, they always started back mid-August anyway.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A lot of people get seasonal depression this time of year, due to the cold, less daylight, holidays are over, and many people already broke their New Year's Resolutions ("This year, I'm serious about going to the gym!").

Vitamin D should help. Not just for bones, but stimulates serotonin in the brain. Makes you feel happy.
BTW,@D'Snowth , I like your current avatar picture. Haven't seen that little guy in a while 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's some good news, and bad news. . . .

Good news: Letterman's getting a new talk show!

Bad news: It's getting dumped straight to Netflix.