The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It just now occured to me that very little of the Disney Canon is actually original. Sure, there's some originality like Lilo and Stitch and others, but a majority of the Disney Canon are either retellings of classic fairy tales, or based on other existing stories.

Furbelle

Reaction score
Today at my school they had a talent show. There was barely any talent. :smirk:

One girl sang this song (can't remember what it was called) but she sang it completely off-key, I almost felt bad for her.:frown:
Id say thats about par for a typical talent show. I saw one many, many years ago when I was a kid where this girl played "Fur Elise" by memory and by ear training only. Everyone else, including me, sucked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So for quite a long time now, I was having all kinds of trouble keeping my charger plugged into my phone, no matter what, it wouldn't stay plugged in. At first, I figured it was a problem with the charger since they're always so cheaply made, so I tried other chargers, and come to find they weren't staying plugged in either - I figured then that, somehow, the probably must be with the phone, but I couldn't out what that could be.

Finally, it donned on me today, so I took a sewing pin, and began digging out bunches and bunches of pocket lint that was clogging the port . . . now my charger is staying plugged in again!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So for quite a long time now, I was having all kinds of trouble keeping my charger plugged into my phone, no matter what, it wouldn't stay plugged in. At first, I figured it was a problem with the charger since they're always so cheaply made, so I tried other chargers, and come to find they weren't staying plugged in either - I figured then that, somehow, the probably must be with the phone, but I couldn't out what that could be.

Finally, it donned on me today, so I took a sewing pin, and began digging out bunches and bunches of pocket lint that was clogging the port . . . now my charger is staying plugged in again!
Hey, my charger has been having the same problem, maybe I should try that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On that subject, I remember watching an animation history video on YouTube discussing why cartoon characters wear gloves, and IIRC, it had something to do with so many of those really early cartoon characters being dark-colored, and it being too hard to see the individual fingers if they're all dark-colored, so the gloves were a way for us to actually clearly see their fingers moving.

But it's interesting, because I remember there was an episode of ANIMANIACS where Wakko's gloves come to life and run away.
I'll actually be honest, I used to think those "gloves" were the characters' hands. It wasn't till An Extremely Goofy Movie said otherwise.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I find interesting?

No one seems to point out how Brian Griffin hooking up with girls in Family Guy is technically beastiality.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It just now occured to me that very little of the Disney Canon is actually original. Sure, there's some originality like Lilo and Stitch and others, but a majority of the Disney Canon are either retellings of classic fairy tales, or based on other existing stories.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No one seems to point out how Brian Griffin hooking up with girls in Family Guy is technically beastiality.
There was the episode where Lois married Brian after Peter and his buddies got lost for several months, where Peter actually did bring that up.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, right, I remember now.

That was one of my favorite post-revival Family Guy episodes.

To be honest, season 8 is where the show really went down the toilet for me. Seasons 6 and 7 were starting to show some problems, but 8 was where I was just like "I'm done."