Thoughts on Kami

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pink soap dish does NOT equal alternative life style.

Pink Flamingos don't...DO THEY?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nah, not pink flamingos. Blue ones, on the other hand...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What I enjoy about Henson’s work is it's abstract quality. We relate to the characters and read our own perceptions into them. That is how they were intended.

They are not gay, they are not straight. They are puppets that we can think of in how we best relate to them. You know, I]to me [/I] (wait for it, this is good) Ernie and Bert are gay. To someone else they are not. No one is right or wrong no matter what the brass at Henson says (they are the ones that gave us skinny Piggy and blue-nosed Gonzo). The one thing that is certain is that they are lighthearted happy characters that should make us smile! Well, except for Bert. LOL! Poor Bert.

spiderman

Reaction score
muppets are not gay

i take offense that you, as a moderator, would say, and I quote, the muppets "are gay".

if you are a muppet hater then don't be on the site

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: muppets are not gay

Originally posted by spiderman

This from the guy that puts down Sesame Street viewers over the age of 5? Maaaaaan you are soooo hypocritical!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dear Spidey,

What he said was;

"to me Ernie and Bert are gay."

Not that they ARE indeed. I personally go based on what JHC says, or CTW says.

Like, Schulz said he only kept the comic strips of Peanuts history as their history, not anything animated, so that's what I also go by. The cartoons are entertaining to me, sure; but, to me per Schulz, the only chronology I pay attention to is the strips. Thus, the little red haired girl was NEVER SEEN!

But this is MY perception. You may have a different one, as would someone else, and folks are welcome to it.

But, I won't have pink flamingos in MY front yard!! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Re: muppets are not gay

i take offense that you, as a moderator, would say, and I quote, the muppets "are gay".

Um, I hate to assume that you are ignorant, but he meant the term "gay" in a different manner. Not as in "lame".

What exactly were your SAT scores that allowed you into college?

spiderman

Reaction score
NONETHELESS HE SAID "ARE GAY"

all i said was that he said they "are gay" which he did.

end of story.

i design peanuts merchandise too, what would you like to see as a Peanut product?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't even bother, Fozzie! Spiderjuevenile is harrassing me lately, and I reported to the moderator. I hope he has the wisdom enough to cut it the heck out!!!!!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Re: NONETHELESS HE SAID "ARE GAY"

i design peanuts merchandise too, what would you like to see as a Peanut product?
Out of curiosity, is this "merchandise" licensed? I'm sure one wouldn't be silly enough to go posting on a site that they manufacture merchandise without a license from the company who owns the rights. Especially when there are many people of a board with multiple ties to that company