Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
Mary Louise: Eren Ozker
Boppity: John Lovelady
the whatnot children: Richard Hunt, Peter Friedman, Rollin Krewson
Wayne's mother: Cynthia Adler
the reindeer: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, John Lovelady, Peter Friedman

And one question, does the opening number feature Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Animal?
Hmm, how about Rollin Krewson as Mary Louise? (See the Sandy Duncan episode.)

Opening # features all of the Electric Mayhem, but Dr. Teeth does all the vocals.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Hmm, how about Rollin Krewson as Mary Louise? (See the Sandy Duncan episode.)
Okay, why not?

Gorgon Heap said:
Opening # features all of the Electric Mayhem, but Dr. Teeth does all the vocals.
Since Jerry had to return to the U.S. for five weeks because of his daughter's illness, that would leave Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Animal, and Janice.

P

Philip Kippel

And because of the time period that this outline takes place in, is the music in "At the Dance" the tango version that accompanied the "At the Dance" segments in the Sandy Duncan and Candice Bergen episodes and part of the dance marathon in the Carol Burnett episode?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
And because of the time period that this outline takes place in, is the music in "At the Dance" the tango version that accompanied the "At the Dance" segments in the Sandy Duncan and Candice Bergen episodes and part of the dance marathon in the Carol Burnett episode?
I hadn't thought of that. Actually, the way it played out in my head, no. Make it the same as the Bruce Forsyth episode's "At the Dance", not the two episodes that followed.

TotallySpiesFan said:
Since Jerry had to return to the U.S. for five weeks because of his daughter's illness, that would leave Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Animal, and Janice.
Or it could leave another performer playing Floyd just on guitar, not on vocals. Truthfully, what you're saying did cross my mind, but as it is a fan fiction, I would just as soon not quibble. I did my part to leave Nelson out when I was setting the characters in the panel discussion, I figure with Floyd's inclusion I can allow myself this much leeway since he doesn't have a vocal line. Now all of the EM shouts at a couple of points ("I could've danced-" "DANCED!" "Danced!" "DANCED!" "Danced all night!"), but really, how can you discern all of the voices in a shout? I figure I can get away with putting Floyd in here, basically.

And I just caught a typo- Mildred in AtD should say "My cousin, the research scientist, has been in a bad humor lately", implying that he still is, not "had been", implying that he was and is no longer. And I think Zoot's fire sale line should probably go "No thanks, I can set my own fires cheaper!" just for clarity's sake.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How 'bout adding two more dancing couples to the background of "At the Dance": Zelda Rose with Boppity and two Mary Louise-esque kids (from TMS episodes with Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, and Bruce Forsythe).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
How 'bout adding two more dancing couples to the background of "At the Dance": Zelda Rose with Boppity and two Mary Louise-esque kids (from TMS episodes with Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, and Bruce Forsythe).
Fine by me. With the usual 7 performers (subbing Peter for Jerry) plus Rollin Krewson, that makes 8- the 6 couples in the jokes portion plus two background. Works fine.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Fine by me. With the usual 7 performers (subbing Peter for Jerry) plus Rollin Krewson, that makes 8- the 6 couples in the jokes portion plus two background. Works fine.

But, GH, you said earlier in this thread that Ohboy Bird and Youknow Bird were dancing in the background and not telling any jokes in "At the Dance".

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
But, GH, you said earlier in this thread that Ohboy Bird and Youknow Bird were dancing in the background and not telling any jokes in "At the Dance".
I did?! CRAP! Scratch the last thing I said then. Leave it as the bird couple in addition to the ones who have jokes. Just those seven.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Wow! A person (besides me) who liked Burl Ives!!!

Gorgon Heap said:
I can very easily imagine Burl Ives on The Muppet Show. For those unfamiliar with Ives, he was a well-known folk singer as well as an accomplished actor, taking the Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 1958 for "The Big Country", the same year he reprised the role of Big Daddy in the film of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", a role which he created on Broadway. Ives is best known for folk songs but also recorded gospel, children's music, and of course Christmas music. He was also the voice of Sam the Snowman, narrator of the "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Christmas special. The song "Holly Jolly Christmas" was one of Burl's trademark songs. Comments welcome.

When I was a child, I used to have an old turn-table record of childrens songs sung by Burl Ives. I must have played that thing to death, because I can't find it anywhere, yet I can remember each song it played, word for word, like it was yesterday! I, along with my father, am an avid fan of Burl Ives and all of his songs he recorded. When he passed away, I happened to be working in a cut, copy, and paste department of a news paper company, so hearing the news of his passing kind of hit me as a shock. I read through his entire euligy that had been prepared, and was quite shocked to also find out that, in reality, he didn't realy like to do kids songs much! His true passion was the folksongs and christian hymns that he sang so beautifully. So mabey that's the reason why he never volunteered to be a MS guest??
We can still imagine it though, and I think he would have been great!!! :smile:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about removing Scooter from this outline and replace him with Mildred for the opening, and with Gloat for Burl's opening number, okay?