TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

D

Dil

I know!

The Muppet Show Season 2 would be issued along with the re-issued version of The Muppet Show Season 1.

Disney, for the re-issued version, take some time now to buy the music rights and make it complete, even the pitch reel. You have millions of dollars, you know. Cancel the original version of the Season 1 DVD release COMPLETELY, and re-issue it along with The Season 2 DVD release with a different look on the box.. right?

(I doubt it'll happen, but I wished it could.)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Dil. The way I understand it the cuts made to Season 1 were made because the songs in question were simply unavailable for rights purchase in the first place. It doesn't matter how much money Disney has. If the holders of a song rights refuses to sell there is nothing they can do about it.

Yes it would be nice to have the entire thing complete but we must face facts and be content with what we are able to get.

D

Dil

Perhaps Disney would ask the people who owns the musics that were cut in the original DVD release to join them to make the re-release of the DVD version complete a Complete Season 1 Set and make all the Seasons complete.

anathema

Reaction score
Dil said:
Perhaps Disney would ask the people who owns the musics that were cut in the original DVD release to join them to make the re-release of the DVD version complete a Complete Season 1 Set and make all the Seasons complete.
They said no the first time! What makes you think they'd change their minds just because you asked nicely?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dil said:
Look, I know you want a complete release, but its not gonna happen. The people who own the songs said no, and they are probably not going to change their minds. Its not Disney's fault the owners didnt give them permission! It doesnt matter how much money disney has. Some people just refuse to sell, and Disney cannot control that

D

Dil

Wait, Here's a secret....

Share! Disney would have SHARED the rights of the music with the people who owns the songs. That's right, all Disney's gotta do is SHARE.

anathema

Reaction score
Dil said:
Wait, Here's a secret....

Share! Disney would have SHARED the rights of the music with the people who owns the songs. That's right, all Disney's gotta do is SHARE.
What are you talking about?

D

Dil

What I'm talking about is that if Disney & the other people who owns the edited songs could share the music licencing issues, they would both have the rights.

anathema

Reaction score
Dil said:
What I'm talking about is that if Disney & the other people who owns the edited songs could share the music licencing issues, they would both have the rights.
It doesn't work like that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
SIGH! You just don't wanna give up do you Dil?:rolleyes:

When will you just face the facts? Disney will never be able to release season 1 fully uncut. Possibly none of the 5 seasons at all. Just enjoy what they can give us and quit chasing after pipe dreams.

If you really want the complete versions of the edited episodes may I suggest trying for a tape trade deal in Buy, sell and trade section of the forum. That's what I want to try to do one of these days when I finish my other collections.