1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MustangRockstar, Feb 9, 2006.

1. anathema

anathema Active Member

Wrong. The series was - obviously - shot in SD; there would be absolutely no advantage to upping it to HD and a number of serious drawbacks. Both HDDVD and BluRay are compressed formats - neither will support uncompressed video at any resolution as the datarates required are far too high.

Both disc formats do support SD video, so you could in principle get an entire season of TMS onto one or two discs, but that's unlikely to happen: the marketing push for the new formats is the HD picture and there is no incentive to put SD material out on them and risk confusing the buyers.

MTI was shot on film! An HD video transfer would of course be possible, and presumably one will be done as/when there's a need for it. The same applies to anything shot on 35mm or better (16mm can also be transferred to HD, but there's less benefit) so any of the Muppet Movies could conceivably get a HDDVD/BluRay release in the future.

Possibly it was - it's recent enough - but it's by no means certain.

Why? Would you buy them again just because there was a new release? There would be absolutely no improvement in picture or sound quality.

I'll say it again: scaling SD video to HD is *pointless*. You cannot invent picture details that weren't recorded in the first place...
  2. anathema

anathema Active Member

Noone* knows yet.

* Including Disney, apparently :-P
  3. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Wait, you're showing them Family Guy?? Were there any Muppet references on the episodes you're showing them?? Family Guy: Subliminally Turning FG Fans Into Muppet Fans, One Reference At A Time.
    Seriously, guys, stop whining.

You really want it done right, and Disney is trying much harder to please us Muppet fans.

That Muppet Mobile Laboratory looks like so much fun!!

I wish that you guys would stop disparaging Diz. Sure, they are faltering now, but they're trying to find a Muppets show that will remain true to the old TMS but spice things up a little. Give it time, guys. Iger needs to focus on other ventures.

BJ
  4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I don't see why they would shelve the set when they have the poll up advertising it. I think it is morel ikely that it is taking more time to get as little editing as possiible.
  5. Dil

Dil Guest

The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD is so much too "best-sellin'", that so many of the Season 1 DVD fans are forgetting about Pigs in Space, Beaker, Janice's modern voice, and other stuff that began in Season 2.

(Give up already.)
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Don't think fans will forget about Beaker. He's been one of the most popular characters for years. He still appears in major Muppet productions (though I can't think of anything he's been in since The Muppets Wizard of Oz). There is going to be a new Disney attraction featuring him. I don't think Janice's modern voice or Pigs in Space will be forgotten by casual fans, either, though Beaker is probably the least likely to be forgotten about.
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

What does give up already mean exactly. Was this some kind of scarastic post? Hope so. I seriously doubt Beaker would be foregotten completely because of season 1 being released.
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

What?:confused:

No one is forgetting anything like that??? Everything mention there has become big parts of the Muppet Show. If anything that just adds more to why we all want the season two set out.

And yeah what do you mean by "Give up already?"

:confused: :confused:
  9. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Give up hope of seeing season 2 on dvd? (I think I'm almost there)
  10. giovannii

giovannii New Member

I have a friend who bought SEason 1 and asked me where Beaker and Pigs In Space were.

It's a shame Beaker wasnt in the 1st season.

John
  11. Dil

Dil Guest

No, what I meant was they will forget a TEENY little bit of Beaker.
    And what I meant about 'Give up, already' is enough having just 1 Muppet Show Season Set.
  12. JJandJanice

Ummm, :smirk: ok,:confused: .

But yeah overall it would be great to have more than just the season one set of "The Muppet Show."
  13. David French

David French Member

Dil - neither of your posts make any sense whatsoever. From memory, the Muppet Labs sketches don't feature any music that couldn't be cleared so I'm sure all scenes featuring Beaker will be there when/if the second season set is released.

The Muppets are only a small part of Disney, and quite rightly they don't want to saturate the DVD market by releasing the remaining seasons of TMS or other Muppet "projects" (for want of a better word) on DVD and ignore all their other original material.

Like everyone else you will have to be patient and wait.
  14. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I don;t think releasing the second season within a year of the first would saturate the market.
  15. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree, I mean, they release TV shows on DVD all the time. Most of them at least 2 seasons in the same year. So, if they don't release season 2 at least by June 2007, people are gonna be really ticked.

Daniel
  16. JJandJanice

Dude nothing Dil say ever makes sense, ever.

As for the Muppet Show DVD sets, the Muppet show takes longer because of right issues unlike many other shows. Plus I can see what David is saying as well.
  17. Marky

Marky Member

All those song-publishing companies... true. Some are likely dragging their feet more than others. I can't see, for instance, Michael Jackson taking long to OK any Beatles songs they did, but smaller, poorer companies probably want to milk it for what they can!
  18. JJandJanice

Which is something that a lot of people here are forgetting, which is part of what takes the Muppet Show a little longer. Which is why it's way easlier for Disney to release say "Darkwing Duck" or "Talespin" because there isn't music rights to worry about, which is why, we are getting thoes dvds out there faster. It's really simple.

Plus Marky is probably right, a lot of companies are probably thinking that since Disney is a huge company, why not try get as much money as it's worth. Which I think is kind of sad, because I'm sure Disney made a fair offer. Come on.
  19. Dil

Dil Guest

I posted post #331 here on this thread, I waited and then I see my respond.
    Aren't you glad I'm patient, Barry Lee?
  20. Marky

Marky Member

Yeah - they're probably song-squatting, holding the DVD set hostage in the process!