1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MustangRockstar, Feb 9, 2006.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

or maybe that "robin" kid couldnt affordone and is/was jelious of us who could buy one!? :D
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... I haven't been able to afford one yet. *sniff sniff* :cry:

Too true, too true.

... but, boy, that would be awesome! :) I so want to buld one!
  3. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I could afford one... if I wanted to empty my bank account! You know, these Muppet Replicas are cool, but there's something else I wish they release ... Prop Repilcas!
  4. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Me too, lol. :)
  5. Marky

Marky Member

Personally, yes, I agree that the Muppets have lost alot of what they used to have, but I've felt that way since LONG before Disney owned them. They are still some of the finest entertainment in existance today. Nothing, in my book, can compare with what the Muppets are.

Disney's aquisition was the last nail in the coffin for me. I know it's what Jim Henson wanted, but only as a large financial resource for himself and his creative team.

Now that Disney owns them the creativity has been, well, non existant. They were getting so close... then boom! Now the licence has about as much creative pizzaz as Ronald McDonald.
  6. JJandJanice

Marky I have to ask, how were they so close before Disney bought them?
  7. Marky

Marky Member

One of the last projects they did before was IAVMMCM. In my opinion, the direction they were taking on that project could have led tem out of thier slump. Any Post-Henson project where ABC or Disney has had their hooks in it (with the exceptions of MCC and MTI), they seem to miss the mark it as the humor comes across as predictable and contrived. Not so with Muppets from Space, and the great-for-a-tv-movie IAVMMCM.
  8. JJandJanice

I found that very debateable.
  9. Dil

Dil Guest

This does NOT have much to do with the Season 2 Box Set.

Crazed Gonzo Fan said
    'Does any one know the month it is expected to be releaseed?'
  10. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Good question. When is Season 2 expected to be released?
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

A Muppet Christmas Carol is one of the most moving Muppet films to date. It has so much of the Henson touch, and the only reason I would ever describe it as "predictable" is because it is based on a well-known book.

As for Muppets From Space, I felt a great deal of the film to be a bit... Sesame Street. Don't get me wrong, I do love Muppets From Space, but I would say it is my least favorite of the six Muppet films and the made-for-TV-movies. Whether you agree with me or not, I though The Muppets Wizard of Oz was better.

Muppet Treasure Island is also a great movie, overlooked by so many. Jerry Nelson didn't really play any major characters in it, but his voice is found heavily in most all of the songs, which is just great! It also beats Pirates of the Carribean out of the water as BEST PIRATE MOVIE EVER!!! :)
  12. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

By the way it's going, 2010.

Daniel
  13. Marky

Marky Member

My best guess is 20never. Unless Diz sells it.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I agree that Mwoo was better than Muppets From Space (after that film I felt I needed space from the Muppets). MFS had a feel as if someone took a cookie-cutter model from the old Muppet movies and the Muppets and made fakes. If ever there was a predictable Muppet filme, it was that one. Though the Noah thing caught me off-guard.

Bea:zany:{btw, at least 20never is before 30never!!!!}regard
  15. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Thank You Dil. :) :D :crazy:
  16. Marky

Marky Member

Well I guess that's all subject to opinion. I liked Muppets from Space. I think putting Gonzo up front was a good move. I thought Jeff Trembor & Bobo were great, and the lab rat sequences were cute, too. It was also the last time Frank Oz was in one, and really - it shows.
  17. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

Okay - 'nuff about the Disney Mothball issue... Has anyone had any useful information concerning the DVD sets - Please no more commentary on the Big Brother issue - Just the facts... My head hurts from reading the same stuff over and over again. :)
  18. Marky

Marky Member

Spring 2007? Isn't that what it says on kidstvmovies.about.com?
  19. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

i've been wondering that too, when is the second season coming out, i can't wait to buy it since i've only seen a handful of Muppet Show episodes (other than Season 1, which i've seen all of now, of course)
  20. Feknoze

Feknoze New Member

Good wholesome family entertainment .. could it go hi-def?

I have to agree with what bearman said above. There is no reason to assume that Disney have mothballed season 2; Disney is not the worst thing to happen to the muppets. I am starting to wonder because of the delay if they are heading to blueray of HD-DVD. That would of course be awesome if they could release perfect copies or perhaps someway remastered. No compression needed. all the features that could be incorporated.
    I think Muppet Treasure Island was filmed in Hi-Def, (or at least shown in hi-def on sky) i'm assuming the same can be said for MWOO. Who knows maybe they are just holding back for that reason. I would rather they switched media now, than 5 years down the line when I have all 5 series of muppets on DVD.
    Was Muppets Tonight really that bad? Personally I really enjoyed it. Hope they release that too. MFS was not really my cup of tea, but some great parts in it.... my mind wanders to pepe in his balerina dress :D
    Overall, these are good fun, wholesome family entertainment, My friends kids love it when I put them on. My kid has his own Kermit and Animal plush, (who's hands he's loves biting.)