Too old for Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well, I had the family history, but had stress-free outdoor time, which counted as exercise even if it is fun, so I don't see the family history thingie as much of a thing to blame..then again, at home I ate my home cooked vegetables and still only have fast food about once a week...but family history only overrides everything you do if you let it IMHO...and even then, you can be heavy set and not let it cross the line to obesity...Not every heavy set person is doomed to getting so fat they can't walk...
One of my friends he is a heavy guy, but actually more fit that many other people I know :smile:. I dunno, it is a case by case thing I guess...

Maybe SS is trying a bit too hard to be PC lately about everything and that is one of the things that is pushing older fans away

Well I got news for ya.

SS is a kids show. Therefore we're not a priority.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
SS was originally made for adults. It was geared towards parents with kids. And honestly, ever since it's changed to merely appeal to younger generations, many of us have turned away from it.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Where did you ever hear that?

Sure SS might of had adults or older kids in mind watching with children but the children I'm sure were the main audience.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Where did you ever hear that?

Sure SS might of had adults or older kids in mind watching with children but the children I'm sure were the main audience.
But to get those children SS most appeal to the parents enough to make them feel as if they can be trusted to teach things the right way and as they are going now I think I would just as well raise my future baby on tapes of the older shows. So yes, it is important that they appeal to adults, after all, good parents have a final say in what a child's first shows are:smile:. Thank goodness we're people all with our own povs on things and not mindless media zombies that take whatever we are given because faceless experts say that the basic nature of childhood has changed in a few years without thinking about it first hm?:coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:wisdom: It's possible I said this before, but it's worth repeating.

:search: It has been studied that pre-school age children laugh about 300 times a day while adults laugh only about 15. I think that's terrible. Laughter actually provides a gentle work out and deep cleansing breaths. It raises the heart rate; releases endorphins and can boost the immune system to stave off disease. It both relaxes and energizes us.

I see Sesame Street (and Muppets in general) the same I do laughter. Most adults feel the need to discard joy in their lives because it doesn't meet someone else's arbitrary requirements for maturity. Well, they don't have to live in my body. I like to feel healthy and well. The joy I allow in my life, a lot of it through Muppets, maintains my healthy balance. This joy keeps my heart and body young!

:stick_out_tongue: Many people are resentful of the joy that others have and some even ridicule it out of jealousy and/or ignorance. But who cares? I'm 34 years old, but my smile, laugh, look and demeanor causes me to be mistaken over a decade shy of that. Sesame Street and Jim Henson's Muppets taught me a great deal of the joy I still carry. It would be nice if everyone recognized that, but to some people I guess it will remain an inside joke.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think even if many adults don't like todays SS, watching the older SS they do remember can do a world of good :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe SS is trying a bit too hard to be PC lately about everything and that is one of the things that is pushing older fans away....I wonder if they would have ever done the Snuffy gets a baby sister storyline today if it had not happened yet :\
Every children's activity is too PC... the problem is kids don't go out and play enough, and now kids can't have any strenuous activity at schools. Tag is now considered sexual harassment, Dodgeball could result in law suits... Fact of the matter is, is there anything left for kids to do? Reminds me of Flappy Bob's in Fairly Odd Parents. You pretty much wrap kids in bubblewrap, take away any activity that could be considered fun as it's a dangerous hazard. Would you want to play if you couldn't actually do anything? No wonder why kids are apparently so "fat"... the only fun things left require no movement whatsoever.

I wish these "experts" would stick their noses in REAL childhood problems. How do we have kids deal with poverty? How do we have kids deal with the envy of not having the good stuff everyone else has? How can kids cope with the real world problems? Look at our educational system.... we've lost so much money, the poor schools in poor towns are even worse, while the suburban soccer parents whine about paying taxes to fund them, all the while sending Buffy and Muffy to private school.

Face it, SS has favored Buffy and Muffy, and not Johnny and Janey, for years. And these "experts" are the only ones we can blame. I bet one of them said, "Well, if you look in one of the dozens of discreditable books I wrote since breakfast, the sight of poor people living in a poor part of town makes rich kids depressed. And we all know that putting a big sheet over the problem is the only way to go."

It has been studied that pre-school age children laugh about 300 times a day while adults laugh only about 15. I think that's terrible.
2 Things... Preschoolers have a bigger sense of humor (you can tell them every joke in a kid's joke book, and it'll be new to them)... plus, of course they laugh harder. Paying bills, getting work, working at said work.... there's very little for adults to laugh at. :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Every children's activity is too PC... the problem is kids don't go out and play enough, and now kids can't have any strenuous activity at schools.
Thus, no recess.
Tag is now considered sexual harassment, Dodgeball could result in law suits...
And mere hugs, pats on the back, or whatever can result in detention.
No wonder why kids are apparently so "fat"... the only fun things left require no movement whatsoever.
We're slowly becoming like the people in Wall-E.

I wish these "experts" would stick their noses in REAL childhood problems.
Lord knows that they'd then know what society truly needs to get better.

Face it, SS has favored Buffy and Muffy, and not Johnny and Janey, for years. And these "experts" are the only ones we can blame. I bet one of them said, "Well, if you look in one of the dozens of discreditable books I wrote since breakfast, the sight of poor people living in a poor part of town makes rich kids depressed. And we all know that putting a big sheet over the problem is the only way to go."
As 'Road Dogg' Jesse James often said, "Oh You Didn't Know? [Their] arse betta call somebody!" The somebody they must call needs to be somebody who can show them that merely putting a sheet over problems doesn't make said problems go away.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh my gosh i could never get to old for it . i love it so much the years that i had to stop watching it just because of time and school, was so hard for me because school just took so much of my time . I mean my goodness it is the muppets for goodness sake keke really .

I love it i am 28 and i am still watching and i will watch it unti the day that i go to heaven :smile: