1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Too old for Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikealan, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

You know what I have not seen in forever? Ernie in a street story. Now that would be a change...
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Or Bert, even. Or even better, Oscar (with or without Slimey).
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Episode 4160 (season 38) had a major Oscar component; only he could report on an elephant in a bathtub
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good point.
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oscar is always around, in fact I think he is better off than most of the characters right now :sympathy:. Nope, I still say :p!
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Anyway, getting back to focus...One can never be too old for the Street, because even despite Elmo's over-saturation, the Street is Muppet family. As well, it is an institution and nothing can--or should--replace it.
  7. The Shoe Fairy

Oh yeah. If and When SS goes off air it will be a sad day for us all.:(
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Can't disagree there.
  9. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

If (heaven forbid) that happens in my lifetime, some fan ought to do a tribute special: "We're Sure Gonna Miss You, Sesame Street!" :wisdom:
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Not only would generations of fans flock to the tribute, but The Workshop would have a hand in it, too.
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Think we've discussed that before so let's not even go down that road and stick to the thread topic.
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, the thread topic is asking if one's too old for the Street and since this is a Muppet site, most will say a definate "No" (that one can never be too old for the Street).
  13. The Shoe Fairy

D'accord! Nobody can be too old for SST, It was made with the intention that parents would enjoy it just as much as their Children.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well change can be hard, but I'm mainly upset with change if it's not working.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Definitely I don't blame the performer. :)
  16. The Shoe Fairy

Elmo has been toned down in recent years, but for a good 10 he was Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too popular. I like Him, but by the same token I do not.

You can't blame the performer, cause Kevin does many other characters very well; like Wolfgang *bark bark*
  17. The Shoe Fairy

Continuous use of the phrase cash cow just cracks me up. lol
  18. The Shoe Fairy

I truly have no idea. no offense or anything, I just think it's funny. Wait, if Elmo is a cow, then what is Gladys?
  19. The Shoe Fairy

Maybe they should swap back, but Elmo has a collar with a bell
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Elmo's mother was named Gladys in the "Birthdays" episode of EW, but I don't know whether to accept that as Sesame Street canon; that scene of Elmo's parents waiting for the baby in the hospital was Dorothy's imagination, after all.