1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I haven't ever heard this before, but has anyone else ever heard the Swedish Chef accidentally being called "The Swedish Chief" by mistake?

The two words look so similar, they might accidentally get confused....
  2. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I never heard him be called that before but I have heard him be called the sweetish chef
  3. snichols1973

Such further confusion might inadvertently lead to the "Sweetums Chef".....:grr: :hungry:
    MrsPepper, Hubert and Mister Muppet like this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The lucky thing there is that he is clearly a chef though, which kinda defuses most of that confusion. Now if he was wearing a police uniform, on the other hand...
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Oh, aveleyman, your lack of research amazes me. You're usually so good at this stuff. Why is there a picture of Floyd under Bill Barretta's name? Why is Jim Parsons listed as Walter instead of Peter Linz? Parsons only played human Walter. And why are Kevin Clash and Brian Henson in your credits? Also, why are a handful of the celebrities credited before the Muppets?
    http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=29838

*Facewing* Look, I know Janice has big lips. That doesn't mean her name is "Lips"!
    http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=7668
  6. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Now I get your point.

1. They could not find a picture of Pepe the Prawn.
    2. They did not research about Peter Linz
    3. I agree, the Muppets should be credited before the celebrities.
    4. What? When there is lack of research, you don't know who Janice is, or Floyd, or anyone else. All they know is they know the celbrites more than the Muppets. Ugh!
  7. Mo Frackle

I'm kind of surprised. Aveylman usually does really credible work. My guess is that the page for TM was made prior to the films' release (the images from the film are all from trailers), with most of the information taken from the IMDB. Whoever was in charge of that page just never went back and changed it.
  8. snichols1973

Has anyone ever gotten frustrated if people referred to :( & :p as "Burt" and Ernie?

Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit featured Burt Reynolds,
    not "Bert Reynolds", and when they designed the Win, Lose or Draw studio set
    to resemble Mr. Reynolds's living room, the emcee was Bert Convy, not "Burt Convy".

Even though the two names sound the same, one misspelled letter can make quite a difference.....
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

My oh my...that is about as worse as anything I've seen.

*fans himself*

Sure. I mean, "Burt" is just so different. Even though it's a common mistake, still very annoying. :(
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

So I just got done reading a snippet online that stated that the Muppet Show is in its 44th season. :sigh:
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

12. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

13. Mo Frackle

I think I might have brought this up on here before. As I recall, this person made the same comment on the IMDB boards for MFS. I had assumed the person somehow got Floyd mixed up with Clifford, but now I'm not so sure what they're thinking.

This isn't exactly a "Muppet mistake", but it does irk me. There is a youtube user who likes to comment on Muppet videos with announcements of phony upcoming DVD releases. I've commented on his channel, asking him to stop. The reason is because a few people have actually started to believe him. I just don't want tons of people to be disappointed after learning the truth.:sigh:
  14. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Still, Clifford has never been orange either. Or maybe they're talking about a completely different Muppet, one who's never been purple or orange. Who knows?

As for this Youtube user you mentioned, I always check IMDb (the actual site, not the message boards), Muppet Wiki or any other reliable source for information like that.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  15. Mo Frackle

No no, my point was that I think the user may have mistakenly thought Floyd was orange, then saw Clifford in some of the later productions (where Floyd was underused). There are some similarities between the two. It's possible that the user simply mixed the two characters up.

As for the Youtube comment, yeah exactly, I rarely trust youtube comments. Then again, I wouldn't always trust the IMDB either. Muppet Wiki, Muppet Central, Tough Pigs, Muppet Mindset, etc. are probably the best places to get legit Muppet info.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Starz's summary for The Muppets mentions a character by the name of Miss Piggie.
  17. Mo Frackle

Calling the Muppet performers "voice actors".
  18. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Ob boy! That is very annoying! :sigh: I call those Muppet performers, "Muppeteers" ho'okay? Not only do they voice them, they give the puppets personality, depth, and in absolute great character.

There is no way I would call them, "voice actors." Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me so Angry. Auuuggghhh!
  19. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Just been reading some muppet reviews and heard Miss Piggy being called Peggy :mad:
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Whenever people try to paint a picture of Jim as being like this saintly fellow who would NEVER allow ANY kind of language or violence or anything like enter the world of Muppets, and would roll over in his grave if anything like that happened today.

I mean, there's ALWAYS been violence in the Muppets, Jim loved physical comedy in puppetry, so you've got a lot of characters attacking other characters, characters blowing up other characters, characters EATING other characters, among other things; not to mention there's been some subtle use of language before (ala the "Happiness Hotel" song)... not Jim was a complete goody-two-shoes or anything.
    CaseytheMuppet and Mo Frackle like this.