Toy Story 3

SSLFan

Reaction score
***** (don't wanna spoil stuff) is the DARKEST Pixar villian ever, IMO.
LOL dude I had to double check to see if you were cursing or not, :-P but I know what character you're talking about.:big_grin: The character doesn't even look evil based on pics! :stick_out_tongue:

Mupp

Reaction score
I do have to say though, I agree with Drtooth that Cars 2 doesn't seem like much. I mean I'm sure it will be pretty good and I'm TOTALLY sure it will sell a ton of toys and other stuff, which is great and all, but Cars is my least favorite of the Pixar movies, it just doesn't hold up like the rest of the Pixar flims do in my humble opinion.
I loved Cars and I think it is a well done film.

Its the BEST possible thing to do in animation, especially CGI;

Inanimate objects with life. That works great in animation.

The movie had a good message and it was really fun.

It may not be the most liked Pixar film, but it has been very successful for Disney and Pixar, and the 12-acre Cars Land will be opening in Disney California Adventure in 2012.

And quite frankly I have noticed something, whenever people say that Cars is their least favorite Pixar film, they NEVER explain why.
Do people even have a reason? Or do they just hate talking cars?

And as for those "script problems" with Cars 2, as I have explained in the past, it has been reported that they are taking the time to fix those problems. Isn't that a good thing?
At the D23 Expo, John Lasseter explained that the film will not only be funny, but it will have heart as well.

I'm willing to give Cars 2 a chance, especially after hearing that they are working to fix the story problems. Not every company is willing to take the time to do that.

Sorry if I seem hyper, but I've just had enough of the hating on Cars. It was a good film, as are all Pixar films.

It did what all Pixar films do, it takes audiences into a world that they have never seen before.

Mupp

Reaction score
Now, I didn't mind Cars 2, because I thought they'd turn it into some sort of really character driven piece, much like they've done lately, with some clever plotline... but they wanted to make it about Mater and Lightning going around the world and racing.
And from what I have heard, that is not all there is to it...

It really could turn out to be character driven...

APRena

Reaction score
And quite frankly I have noticed something, whenever people say that Cars is their least favorite Pixar film, they NEVER explain why.
I didn't like it, to me it's the most just plain boring Pixar movie. It drags on, which is even worse in a movie for children (and me) with decreased attention spans. It's animated beautifully and the anthropomorphication doesn't bother me; the story is weak. The huge adventure/destination/goal to me is pointless and vapid, and the moral is: "WINNING! YEAH! Winning is awesome!" But then the jerk realizes through heartwarming friendships that winning is indeed NOT awesome, and sacrifices winning for a friend, thus letting the eeeevill one get what he's always wanted, but wait, no! Boo evil! Yay sportsmanship! :/

I'm not saying that's not a worthy lesson, but it could've been more subtle...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know i'm going to try and go see it in theaters. I saw the first two and then saw the first two again when they did it for 3-D. Ever since seeing they first movie i feel right in love with it. I wanted a Woody toy. So when my sister went to Burger King to eat with a friend or boyfriend either in Abliene or where ever it was she went but i asked her to get my a Woody toy from when Burger King she got me one. I was so excited to see when she came home that night. So i can't wait to go watch it.

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
I know i'm going to try and go see it in theaters. I saw the first two and then saw the first two again when they did it for 3-D. Ever since seeing they first movie i feel right in love with it. I wanted a Woody toy. So when my sister went to Burger King to eat with a friend or boyfriend either in Abliene or where ever it was she went but i asked her to get my a Woody toy from when Burger King she got me one. I was so excited to see when she came home that night. So i can't wait to go watch it.

I have both woody and Buzz from Burger King. Woody's a puppet buzz is a toy but the sound doesn't work any more.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Actually my dad asked me one day (he's a taxadurmist) if he could use the hat on Woody on a thing he was doing for our anual Rattle Snake Round Up. I told him yes (only because i didn't want him to think that i cared to much for this stuff toy even though i did) but i let him anyway. But being that i worked at a retail store i knew that one day i would find a Woody with his hat. But i also kept the other one without the hat.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Okay Mupp, I'm sorry that a post that expresses my true opinion seems to have upset you for some reason (but I'm not sorry for the opinion itself). However I do feel the need to ask you to chill a little and there are a few things I must point out to you....

Inanimate objects with life. That works great in animation.
We were originally discussing on this thread of a movie where toys come to life. My issue with Cars isn't that cars are alive, after all on paper the idea of toys coming to life when kids aren't around may seem just as silly, yet I LOVED all three Toy Story movies and put them on the same level I do as the Muppets and believe me that's a HUGE level. Cars just doesn't measure up for me like all three Toy Story movies, Monsters Inc, Incredibles, Wall-E and Up.
It may not be the most liked Pixar film, but it has been very successful for Disney and Pixar, and the 12-acre Cars Land will be opening in Disney California Adventure in 2012.
I NEVER said Cars wasn't successful. In fact in that very post of mine in which you quoted I stated that Cars has made Disney Pixar a LOT of money and that includes in terms of box office and HUGELY thanks to toys and other merchasdise.
Again in that very post of mine of which you quoted, I IN FACT DID GIVE A REASON. I said that it just doesn't hold up like the rest of the Pixar movies do in my opinion. That's a reason, but if you want me to go into more detail I shall. For one thing, the characters in Cars just aren't as appealing to me as the ones in Toy Story. Lighting McQueen isn't as great of a hero as Woody or Buzz is in my opinion and to be honest, I found Mater's act to get a bit old. Which could also bring to me to my next point, I didn't enjoy the voice acting like I did in Toy Story, I felt a bit of chemisty was lacking there.

And as for those "script problems" with Cars 2, as I have explained in the past, it has been reported that they are taking the time to fix those problems. Isn't that a good thing?
At the D23 Expo, John Lasseter explained that the film will not only be funny, but it will have heart as well.
Nobody said that them taking the time to fix whatever "script problems" wasn't a good thing. Also I didn't say that Cars 2 nor the first Cars didn't have any "heart," but I will say that it doesn't, again as I feel, as much heart as every other Pixar flim.
I'm willing to give Cars 2 a chance, especially after hearing that they are working to fix the story problems. Not every company is willing to take the time to do that.

Sorry if I seem hyper, but I've just had enough of the hating on Cars. It was a good film, as are all Pixar films.

It did what all Pixar films do, it takes audiences into a world that they have never seen before.
I'm willing to give Cars 2 a chance as well, it's just not as much of a "I godda see this movie as fast as possible" for me like Toy Story 3 was. When I said it "doesn't seem like much" I didn't mean for that to be taken as it seems like a bad movie as you have, just perhaps that it will be okay, again please read my original post cause I did say I'm sure it will be "pretty good" again just as I felt about the first Cars, but from most other Pixar movies, especially the Toy Story Trilogy are more than "pretty good" there downright amazing.

Look Mupp, overall I actually did enjoy Cars, I really did, thought it was a decent movie. I just feel that compare to the other Pixar movies it doesn't have that "magic" that the rest do, but that doesn't mean nor did I ever say I "hate Cars." I just feel it doesn't "measure up" like the rest do and again this is just my opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Not that didn't like it, not my favorite, but I did rush off to McD's after to get one of the figures. Pixar has never made a film I outright hated or completely disliked (so far). I'm sure there's more to Cars 2 and Pixar pledged NEVER to make a sequel unless the story is worthy. Remember... once Lassiter took over for the animation unit he completely stopped Disney's DTV cheapquels once and for all. TS2 completely improved over the original, and TS3 was breath taking. So, Cars 2 may be better as well.

That said, after seeing the trailer, I have NO confidence in Tangled. None whatsoever! It looks like a jaded, pointless Shrek knockoff, and the "Fractured Fairy Tales with an Attitude" (read jaded adult jokes and overly feminist Princesses) thing is LONG dead, especially after Lionsgate's HORRIBLE Happily Ne'er After series.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
That said, after seeing the trailer, I have NO confidence in Tangled. None whatsoever! It looks like a jaded, pointless Shrek knockoff, and the "Fractured Fairy Tales with an Attitude" (read jaded adult jokes and overly feminist Princesses) thing is LONG dead, especially after Lionsgate's HORRIBLE Happily Ne'er After series.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

In this case, don't judge a film by its trailer.

"Tangled" could end up being a lot better than what any trailers could be leading some to believe. You never know.