Update on It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Realese

C'irdan

Reaction score
dvds

I love will and grace, but it's on TV CONSTANTLY...so no need to waste money...

but where are my FELIX THE CAT dvds?

:cry:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Forget Felix ... ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS (And No, not the awful original version :smile: )!

As for Will & Grace, this season has had a tremendous boost in ratings, so the DVD set will probably sell extremely well. Look at FRIENDS ... two of their DVD collections have shared the top two spots in sales for weeks now.

As for Jack: Jack is the best :smile:! He can be annoying, but that's always why he's bben so funny; he acts so outrageous & outgoing. My parents don't like the show that much; partially because they say Jack is offensive to gays. But ... a while back, my aunt took me to a club/restaurant on Castro in San Francisco, and our waiter was a dead ringer for Jack (Well, a mixture of him & RuPaul, actually!).

C'irdan

Reaction score
jack

well yeah...it's kind of mean to enforce stereotypes...but Will and Grace does just the opposite! Look at Will! he's gay too, and it shows that some gay people fit the stereotype ( I do not) and a lot don't!

just like on Sesame street on friday!

some wolves are bad and some aren't!

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Peoples is peoples and I think Will and Grace celebrates that. You know, I was ignorant about the premise when I saw my first episode (technically ep 3 or 4) and I thought they portrayed all gay men as flamboyant -but- the thing is, I didn't watch the whole show and didn't realize that Will was gay. LOL! My demeanor is somewhere in between theirs. That's where most of the culture is, but there are all types out there. It's important to recognize that stereotypes do have truth to them, but people are individuals. Everybody's different no matter what his or her background.

When it comes to television, each show has a perspective. Not every African American family is like the Cosby Show. Not everyone is like the Parkers either. Comedy is always taking shots at somebody’s expense. It can be a fine line, but it’s better than the alternative – bland and colorless.
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Oooooh Yeah i'll vote for Racoons, Animated Beetlejuice, and even Erm 'Saved By The Bell' (cos Kelly was hot although she had stumpy legs) but i'll add ALF season by season, and the same for classic Munsters, Addams Family and also Mork and Mindy.

Too many good old shows, they need to bring em all out - and at the current rate of TV shows being slapped on DVD hopefully they will - i think it just basically depends who owns the rights and how easy it is to slap the stuff on DVD's after you've got past that.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Luke, cool! you liked the forgotin "The Raccoons" show too!

Here is a VERY cool web site, you can download songs and some Racoonn tv specails N'stuff, there is also a DVD pention, I don't know how good pentions are but it's there.

Click the kermit: :smile:

This will bring back a lot of memories to people who saw the show but can't remember it.

I sugest downloading ALL the songs, they are so good, it was an important part of the show, they are very cool 80's:wink: I have been listening to them non stop!

Zack)Rowlf the, we should all bow down to Sarah, Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Zack,

Thanks so much for the link - fantastic stuff ! I didn't know about the specials, or much of the possible news that there might be some new shows although not sure if that's going ahead. Yeah i LOVED the Racoons - it was on every saturday morning here, even until fairly recently. Cyril Sneer was my favorite ! I remember a lot of the songs, 'Run With Us' was pretty cool and the theme too. I'm gonna go download them - wish i had a broadband connection so i could watch all episodes there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Oooooh Yeah i'll vote for Racoons, Animated Beetlejuice, and even Erm 'Saved By The Bell' (cos Kelly was hot although she had stumpy legs) but i'll add ALF season by season, and the same for classic Munsters, Addams Family and also Mork and Mindy.

Too many good old shows, they need to bring em all out - and at the current rate of TV shows being slapped on DVD hopefully they will - i think it just basically depends who owns the rights and how easy it is to slap the stuff on DVD's after you've got past that.
Yeah... we should also have the ALF cartoons on DVD (or at least non-bootlegged off the internet video)

I mean, certain shows deserve the DVD treatment (Cheers, Futurama, Classic Simpsons [they air that show 2 a day in Massachusettes, but they still don't air seasons 1+2!] and the like) but some (Will and Grace) are just overkill.

I mean, put something you can't watch on broadcast TV on DVD first (like Get Smart or the 1960's Batman), no some show aired so much over here....

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
MUNSTERS on DVD; yes! I love that show! One of my TV Land favorites. As long as we're at it, we also need BEWITCHED, NIGHT COURT and FAMILY TIES.

And Just to keep the WILL & GRACE "vibe" alive, I saw this today:

The four stars of Will & Grace are finalizing a new deal that will keep them cracking gay jokes on the NBC comedy through the 2004-05 season, the sitcom's seventh. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Debra Messing, Eric McCormack, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes are due for hefty salary increases under the new pact. As for Rosario, the network has agreed to cover her transportation expenses.

Luke

Reaction score
I like the idea of the early Batman series on DVD - over here in the UK you CAN get the Batman TV Movie on DVD with a commentary by Adam Ward & Burt West ...... not sure if you guys have that in R1 yet.

As for Simpsons, yeah here we actually get it at least 3 episodes a day over two channels, sometimes 4 on certain weekdays. During the holidays that increases to about 6 - although over Easter they are running Marathons and we'll be getting around 12 i think ! Too much Simpsons !

The other things i was going to suggest for DVD was classic Flintstones. Not sure why that hasn't made it yet.

So much good stuff thats been shot over the years thats just sitting in vaults underground but could be packaged onto DVD cheaply and made money from - even if it's just small runs of the discs sold on collectors websites. I bet there are tons of hidden gems laying around where the rights would go dirt cheap because of former companies going out of business and stuff like that.