1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Vatican, er, Vacation Fozzie

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by towels, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Wow, just wow... This is, possibly, my favorite figure so far... It may just be the initial excitement that hasn't yet worn off, but I mean that. Congragulations Greg and Henson, you get muchos props (Greg Proops, lol, I crack myself up). The stickers are fantastic, it looks like you really are starting to lean in the direction of stuff from the movies, at least with the Fozzie exclusives. I have some questions about the stickers...

1. Was worldwide studios the place where the Muppet Movie was screened, in the movie?
    2. What are the words next to England, on the upper-middle sticker, and what is this a reference to?
    3. Did the picture for the El Sleezo Cafe come from TMM or Greg?
    4. Was the Bogen County Fair where Kermit met Miss Piggy in TMM?
    5. What ties does Fozzie have to Maine and Mississipi?
    6. What is Camden Town all together?
    7. Was Camp Wocka Wocka from TMS or an invention of Greg?

Congragulations again on the superb toy!
  2. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

If you get rooked, I will personally give you one of mine. That's how much I believe in what they are doing.
  3. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Vacation Fozzie

Wow! I'm tripping out over this Vacation Fozzie figure! Get it? TRIPping out? :D Wocka Wocka!

Seriously though, I love Vacation Fozzie! He is also my favorite so far as well & the one I'm most looking forward to. Can't wait for him or October. Are we there yet?

All this ToyFare talk, and ordering online. I still need a Kermit tux exclusive. Could someone patch me the link to the site where I can order ToyFare Kermit (and then ToyFare Vacation Fozzie) please? Thanks a million!

4. Yes.
    5. Fozzie Hibernated in Maine during The Muppets Take Manhattan. Leland, Mississippi is where Jim Henson comes from. "Original birthplace of Kermit the Frog".
  4. trammel

trammel New Member

Re: Vacation Fozzie

Here you go:

http://store.yahoo.com/wizardworld/tfmup25ker.html

-Tom
  5. Pschtyckque

Pschtyckque New Member

Alright. I'll give 'em a try. I enjoy reading their magazine, so I'd hate to boycott them forever. :)
  6. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Definitly Going to get both!
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

I have to say, i've heard much better things about the magazine than the wizardworld website, quite a few horror stories there so proceed with caution SG ! I think the merchandise does just about finally arrive though ! ;-)
  8. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Dang.

I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to get this figure. I wanted to save my money.

Then I saw the pictures.

Ken, you're going to take all of my money from me!

:D
  9. WOMAN! WOMAN!

WOMAN! WOMAN! New Member

vacation fozzie online?

When the time comes, is there a site online where I can get the Toyfare Vacation Fozzie -- anybody know? (I'd prefer a retailer, not ebay, etc. )
    There's no Suncoast around here, and I've never located a Toyfare magazine. Apparently, I live in a cave. Nope -- just Pennsylvania.
  10. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

wizardworld.com is the site of Toyfare magazine. They will most likely have it for sale, as they currently have the Kermit in the tux for sale.
  11. Prof Rukh Frink

Prof Rukh Frink New Member

where to get fozzie online

Mediaplay.com might also be a possibility for the musicland scheme.
  12. WOMAN! WOMAN!

WOMAN! WOMAN! New Member

found it

Found the sites. Thanks, kane and Prof.
  13. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

a picture of the card back is now on palisades daily bit. It features a great group shot of series 1 and 2.
  14. Pschtyckque

Pschtyckque New Member

That looks great! Couldn't quite make out the text of the card though. Any close up shots? Also, where does that PO Box lead? People may actually try sending things there. ;)
  15. Shooter Johnson

Shooter Johnson New Member

Is Scooter's jacket going to look as shiny as it's true satin self?

Can anyone make out the postcard? If so, what does it say?
  16. grail

grail New Member

here's what i've been able to read so far ( the (?) are words i couldn't read):

Kermit,

Hiya Hiya Hiya! Having a great time on vacation. Wish you were here. Thanks for suggesting Fort Lauderdale...much more fun than hibernating (and warmer too). I love the beach, even though it took awhile to shake the sand out of my fur. Oh, by the way, did you hear the one about the (?) who didn't care about anyone else on the island? Everyone thought he was a little shellfish. Get it! Shellfish-Selfish! Even on vacation, I am the (?)!
    Wacka-Wacka-Wacka!

--------------

i couldn't read the last line...i'll blow up the pic when i get home tonight...
  17. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

how were you able to read that?
  18. grail

grail New Member

very carefully!

seriously? i have good eyes. it's the same way i saw the Popeye toys in that picture of Ken's office. they're waay up in the left corner along the top...next to the Batman: TAS figures. (i think there was a Bane and a Riddler...can't remember)

even _I_ couldn't read the last line, though...and there were a couple of words that were lost on me. the trick was picking out what words i could, and use those to figure out the rest.
  19. grail

grail New Member

i figured a little more...

in "did you hear the one about the (?) who didn't care about anyone else on the island?", the (?) is "small lobster"