Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank Ru sooooo very much. That was great, it's obvious you put your inimitable talents into descripts as well. Ah, just another form of storytelling, and I've come to love yours Cath.

This undiscernable blue Muppet on the harmonica... Is it possible he's Ferlinghetti Donnizetti from Sesame Street?
Guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow and the next visual for Dave to answer for sure.
And why Janice wasn't in on the groove session. Like rully!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh, goody! You ARE on, Ed! Hope you enjoyed. Yes--several people complained about Janice's absense, but I'm sure that means that Dave is planning something realllllly special for her....
Um, right Dave? (Not that we're grumgling or anything....)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Was there ever a "Blues Brothers"-type Muppet duo? That's who the dude reminds of me of, Belushi.

Oh yeah, awesome visual Dave, as always!!!
:smile:
Anthony

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You know, I almost said, "Blues Brother," cuz that's what he looks like.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermit was dressed as a Blues Brother for an Australian or UK show once. Tough Pigs had photos in their anthology (great anthologies there, btw).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Your Muppet News Team

The Count said:
Hey Dave... Would rully like to see the descripts attachd to the visuals return. You started off great with the Muppe Movie Parody: Muppet Mean Girls and Muppets Tonight vs. Sesame Street... But they've been absent since, starting with the Kermelon Breakfast.
So sorry, Ed. I've been so swamped that I've barely even had a chance to get on at all. Heck, I completely forgot to even post today's visual! Of course, after reading Ru's lovely descript, I hardly feel that I'm the one capable to do so! But I'll try and be more persistent.
The Count said:
The Reservoir Dogs of Sesame Street... Funny and cool and great, but wouldn't that count as another Muppet Movie Parody?
Well, sort of, but this visual won't just be a parodied poster, you'll just have to wait and see!
Just about everyone said:
Hey, who was the blue guy at the back?
Can't say for sure. I'm assuming Kyle gave the proper answer though. All I can say is that I saw this pic of the "Blues Brother" Muppet sitting on "the Street" and just used it.
the crazed masses said:
Where's Janice? (or any other number of musical Muppets?)
I miss her too! But I am at the mercy of what the internet has to offer. There aren't many spectacular shots of Janice online to begin with, but ones of her actually playing an instrument are even harder to come by. I do what I can, but I sometimes forget how excited and passionate people get about these visual (a problem I'm more then honored to have).
Ruahnna said:
Vic--I know sometimes I dart in, laugh out loud or squeal with delight, and then...forget to say how much you brighten up the MC universe. Thanks, dear! Kissy kissy!
*blush

I was listening to George Carlin's Hippy Dippy Weatherman sketches the other day and thought how cool it might be if he was a writer for TMS. Then I realized just how similar a lot of the humor between Carlin and the Muppets were. On top of that, I had just seen one of my favorite films "Anchorman" starring Will Ferrel, and it just made me long for a Muppet News Team. Now there's a show I think in this day in age would rock. So while this visual (and every other visual I've done) includes the almighty frog, it's more of a tribute to that nostalgic 70's news team and the hillarious Muppet News man.

Your Muppet News Team
Be sure to click the image for a "full view" :smile:

Muppet Central Morsels
• This visual was purposely left very drab in color to achieve that 70's feel.
• In creating this visual, I was curious as to why there was never a meteorologist Muppet.
• This visual was actually made right after the "Swingin' and Singin'" visual.​
***More info you may or may not feel the need to read!***
Upcoming Visuals!
We keep the suspense rolling by giving you a look at not just the next visual, but weeks ahead too!
Next Week: Tune in next Friday, March 16, 2007, when everyone's favorite book becomes the bloodiest and gory movie since "Hostel" when "The Monster At The End Of This Movie" gushes into theaters everywhere this summer! And then:
March 23, 2007 - Muppet's Movie Parody – The Fantastic Four
March 30, 2007 - The Reservoir Dogs of Sesame Street
April 6, 2007 - Slanderous Junk Weekly, Issue 4

High Resolution prints of "A Muppet Family Gathering"
It's here! Visit this thread. NOTE: Fifteen orders have not been met yet! There is still a chance to get the bonus artwork! UPDATE: Alaska & Hawaii get US shipping rates! Order your copy today!

The Muppet Central Show - Season THREE!
If you don't send your picture in, this visual doesn't happen! Send your pictures to vicromano_mc@yahoo.com today! For a complete list of rules, see this post.

Check out all VRWCMV here!

In today's visual:
Lewis Kazagger, the Muppet News man, and Kermit the Frog (dressed in reporter's hat and trench coat) sit behind a desk, poised and ready to deliver the evening news in an ad like visual, simillar to that of a local news channel promoting their 10 o' clock spot. The bland brown background seems to be an enlarged version of the "rounded squares" background usually seen behind the Muppet News man during the TMS. In bold white letters at the top, it says "Some news teams bring you the facts..." and then in less prominent type just below that it reads: "And you should probably just stick with them". Our news heroes sit at, behind and on the desk with their titles listed below their names (sports, anchorman & field reporter). Then at the bottom in boastful type, it says "This is your Muppet News Team!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Laughed at this one. And thanks for the descript.
There is a Muppet weatherman, two of them.
1 The Singing Weatherman who appeared on TMS, look it up in Kermitage's character indexs (or indecies) and cross-reference with Muppet Wiki.
2 The Weather Guy who showed up in Statler and Waldorf's From the Balcony.

You know, I love the self-depricating nature of the quote for the news team. Makes me start humming the theme to the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

And here's another idea for a visual... Don't know if you watch sports or ESPN, but on ESPN2 there's this show on weekday mornings I watch and love and LOL with called Mike & Mike in the Morning.
After a while, it strikes me that the following Muppet cast could be used to film a parody or one of your great visuals.
Michael Greenberg: Bert.
Michael Goelic: Cookie Monster.
*Hence why it'd be called The Oz & Oz Show in the AM.
Bob Pacozie, who does the Sports Center updates when coming back from commercials: The Newsman. There's just something about the Newsman from having his figure in my collection that tells me this is perfect casting.
Mark "Stink" Schlerreth: Sam the Eagle.
Dana Jacobson: Prairie Dawn.
Leam, British fellow, their stage manager: Ernie.
Juakeen, their comic relief and musical parody songwriter: Grover.
Feel free to make this one happen... Or not.