Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Would have loved to see the Count in there but very cool
Could've done Hoots the Owl too. But that's ok, I still really like it Dave!

Java

Reaction score
This is beautiful work Vic. I am stunned by how much some are capable with in photoshop (or whatever program you use)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! Neat! I loved Cantus there...boy I MISS that Fraggline Freak! Hey, who was the blue guy at the back?

Nice meshing of pictures together. They all fitted really well there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What instrument is this undiscernable blue character playing Bo? Be it Sesame, Muppet or Fraggle, or other?

Beauregard

Reaction score
He's blue, has an orange nose, playing a harmonica and has a hat pulled right down to his eyes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like the picture, but I find it odd that Janice wasn't included. I also would have liked it to have included both Muppet Show jugbands as well as some of the Solid Foam band members from The Jim Henson Hour.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Vic--I know sometimes I dart in, laugh out loud or squeal with delight, and then...forget to say how much you brighten up the MC universe. Thanks, dear! Kissy kissy!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then mayhaps you can help a blind bat out by informing me as to just who's in on this musical Muppety mayhem Ru? Please? Beats nagging for more story.
Hee.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
Then mayhaps you can help a blind bat out by informing me as to just who's in on this musical Muppety mayhem Ru? Please? Beats nagging for more story.
Hee.
Okay, here's who is in it.... Rowlf, Lips, the blue harmonica player who none of us know the identity of, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Zoot, Emmet Otter, Harvey, Charlie, Wendell... And I am thinking that there is somebody else, but I can't remember who (perhaps Kermit on banjo?).

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You asked for it--you got it!

Okay Ed. Overlaid on the red curtain background are musical notes. (I can’t make out the song.) In the upper left hand corner it says, “Muppet Music Jam.”

I’m going to describe everyone by starting on the far left of the picture, then arching to the back row and working my way across the back wall. I’ll then move forward, row by row.

On the extreme left of the stage, Rowlf is playing the piano. He is looking intently at the music in front of him, his paws poised above the keys. Behind him, directly behind the piano, stands Dr. Teeth, with his signature gold tooth winking merrily. Playing almost in the good Doctor’s ear is Lips, his blue-lidded eyes closed—as always—in concentration. Behind Lips and to right (the viewer’s right) is someone I can’t identify. He is a blue muppet with black hair, dressed in a dark grey suit, with a slouch hat pulled to his sunglasses, and he is playing a harmonica. His noise is orange. At first blush, I thought he was Zoot, but Zoot is elsewhere in the picture. Next to this unidentified muppet is Animal at full throttle. He is playing his drums with great, wide-mouthed exuberance and one bare foot is poised to bang the cymbals.

Okay, now I’m starting with the second row from the back, but I am going to come at it from the right and work left. In front of and to the right of Animal’s drum set is Zoot. He is wearing his tan shirt and playing with great concentration. Next to Zoot is the inimitable Floyd Pepper, playing his bass and wailing into the microphone. Next to him is Cantus. This makes up the second row, more or less.

Coming forward to the third row, we have Marvin Suggs and his hapless muppaphones, obviously mid-performance. Marvin is practically rubbing his backside against Rowlf's piano. Beside Marvin (to the viewer's right) and behind the muppaphone mups, are Emmet Otter and his band. He has a buddy on the washboard, one on the cigar-box banjo, then Emmet and finally his porcupine buddy on the jug are all nestled in in a row. (Thank you, Dave, for not putting anyone BEHIND the porcupine.) Behind our jug-band and in front of Animal's drum set is Kermit, who, as usual, is completely surrounded by hip coolness without ANY of it rubbing off on him. He is playing his banjo with a satisfied and distracted air, looking skyward. He is, I must add, completely adorable in his un-hip-ness.

In front of the jug band fellows is Johnny Fiama, oblivious as always to the other performers around him. He is singing into the microphone, his heavy-lidded eyes serene.

There you go, dear. Hope that helps! And kudos to Dave, to whose work I have not done justice.