1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 6, 2013.

1. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

True That is one thing I did not like about Walter in the Muppets.
    Do we know if Steve is playing double roles as Kermit and Constantine?

3. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Well, no one knows for sure, but based on that "hii-yaa" from Constantine, I'd say it's a possibility. I mean, if you really listen, you notice that his voice is very similar to Kermit's.

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

At first I thought that shot of Constantine in the "O" was reused from The Muppets, but then noticed the "O" there was in "Show" instead of "Telethon". It makes me wonder if they'll re-do the opening again... And I actually hope they don't, unless they add something really significant to it (currently I wouldn't consider having Constantine there in place of Kermit different/significant enough). Like if they re-do the first or fifth season themes. But I'd be really disappointed if it had significantly MORE empty archs (though I feel like more empty archs might make more sense than a few empty ones).

A lot of people are wondering about the dessert scene. My guess is that it's either a performance/rehearsal, or they have to cross the dessert in order to save Kermit (if the other Muppets know to try to rescue him).

I've been thinking about those scenes with Kermit and Animal on a set, with Animal yelling "SEQUEL!" and Kermit's "Stranger things have happened... and will". At first I thought those were made for the trailer, but now I wonder if those scenes are actually at the beginning... It very well could start with Kermit providing a recap of the previous movie and what happened right after the events of the film (though I had previously expected Walter to do such narration). Of course, it could also be Kermit being interviewed for an entertainment show about the Muppet world tour.

miss kermie likes this.
  5. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

I just realized tht mynKermit finger puppet looks so much like Constantine

miss kermie likes this.
  6. dwayne1115

They sure do need to redo the opening, there where some things that needed to be changed. First there where some arches empty I think maybe one or two, Secondly Gonzo's Trumpet blowing could have been so much better. In the past they have done some really cool things with that, but to just have a Tarzan like yell. really? So I'm hoping for a re do of the Muppet Show opening.

7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well boy am I late to the party. I have to say, I'm impressed with the trailer. I don't see anything wrong about the Move Like Jagger thing (Rock Band Blitz has desensitized me to that song to the point I no longer want to jab pencils in my ears every time I hear it), but the fact SCOOTER of all muppets, the dorkiest muppet you could pick, was singing it was hilarious.

DrDientes and miss kermie like this.
  8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

That trailer was good! I LOL'ed at the Moves Like Jagger thing! I'm so excited for this! Also, I'm glad they pushed the release date from November to Spring 2014! I hope this is the best movie ever like the trailer says!

9. minor muppetz

The previous movie needed to have all of the archs filled (the director claims it's because some characters missed their cue, but that joke isn't exactly obvious enough), and yeah I don't think Gonzo's trumpet gag was that good, but still, I don't know if I want them to redo the opening again, unless it is different enough. Though it would pretty much guarantee lots of obscure characters being in this film.

10. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

from the teaser I get the impression all the Muppets are going to be travelling on a train together which is awesome. I love when the Muppets travel in some sort of vehicle or fashion... cars, motorbikes, bicycles, hot air balloons, ships, parachutes, EM Bus and now a train. I think we're going to get a lot of obscure muppets in that scene, looks very promising.

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I was joking.

Puppet Heap and I arn't even talking.

12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

The bit where the Muppets are walking through the "dessert"...
    *Waits for someone like :oops: to start with the jokes about the new Muppet Tracks ice cream flavor, with almond flakes sweeping down the plain, and that stick :fanatic: is really a banana split spoon.

Honestly peoples... It's "desert", not "dessert", learn the difference. :grr:

13. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

This trailer looks Brilliant loved seeing Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Walter, Rolwf and Scooter in there Manhattan Melodies like attire and seeing Rizzo in the trailer was Awesome :)

DrDientes likes this.
  14. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

SCOOTER'S GOT THE MOVES LIKE THAT!!!

:zany: :zany: :zany: ;) :zany: :zany: :zany:

FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  15. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I got the moves like Scooter. I got the moves like Scooter. I got the moooooooves likes Scoooter. :);)

16. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

17. minor muppetz

Thinking of Sam's team-up with an agent, why do I think that Sam is featured as if he hadn't been part of the Muppets before? It wouldn't be the first time in a Muppet movie that an established character was separate from the gang, but since this is meant to be a sequel to the last film, and Sam was part of the Muppets there it'd be odd.

18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I don't think that means that Sam's not part of the gang in the new movie, he just may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and got mixed up with the Interpol agent, or the agent might think Sam's the most level-headed member of the gang and sought out his help.

DrDientes likes this.
  19. dwayne1115

I think Sam's and from what we have heard Animal's role are going to bring more depth and comedy to them both. What I still want to know is if Steve will be doing both Kermit and Constantine. This plot kind of Reminds me of the movie Ernest Goes to Jail, but with Muppets.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  20. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I read in another article that Ricky Gervais' character's full name is Dominique Badguy. Apparently he claims it to be French with some sort of specific pronounciation.... A little bit of a dead giveaway isn't it?

DrDientes and muppetlover123 like this.