Vote!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the problem here is that palin is just to easy of a target to be made fun of. If she was this woman who had a lot on her mind, a lot of opinions, who knew what was going on and had a plan of action of her own on some of the agenda that the country is facing, then I think less and less people would question her abilities.
I'm not seeing so much jokes about her being a woman so much as jokes about her being such a townie. I mean, I have nothing wrong with small town values, but sometimes you need to think of bigger things. Not everyone lives in a small town where people know people by name. Big faceless city dwellers need someone to talk for them too.

Plus, hunting from a helicopter is UNSPORTSMANLY!

Absolutely, I'd be mad if McCain kept the war going because so many veterans are coming home and not getting proper medical care.
Personally, I think it's time to let the Iraqis to stand up for themselves, and not just let their "Bigger Brother" (US) beat up all the bullies for them while their government is doing nothing and profiteering from our billions and billions spent. I disagree with what you said about Obama. Dude wants to bring those troops out of Iraq to have them fight Afganistan. That was was a lot more important, and we just let it lapse to get some guy that Al Queda didn't even like. And that we put into power in the 80's.

Another thing that drives me nuts about Palin, acting like she knows God PERSONALLY... like all that "God told us to go to war with Iraq"
If you look at the people we're fighting over there... cough cough. It's VERY VERY unsettling for ANY political figure to say what GOd wants, especially if it isn't even written in the Bible. I am a Christina, not a great one and I don't go to church, but all these people who say God wants us to spread pain and suffering because one side follows a different prophet/philosopher/etc than the others isn't a person of faith at all.

Sure, there are a lot of important wars in history... World War 2, the Revolutionary War, The Civil War...etc. But those were because of things bigger than fighting a villain. Afghanistan, if pulled off much better, could have worked. Iraq nothing, this is where we're really failing. I believe Bush had some psychological agenda for attacking a villain his father was after. but even if you support the war, we should have finished up in Afghanistan
first.

Not to mention the fact that region hated us to begin with. meddling around like that isn't making them like us any more. Quite the opposite.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I disagree with what you said about Obama. Dude wants to bring those troops out of Iraq to have them fight Afganistan. That was was a lot more important, and we just let it lapse to get some guy that Al Queda didn't even like. And that we put into power in the 80's.
I'm just saying Obama is a little too relativist. He seems to care more about being supposedly tolerant than helping oppressed people. At one point he basically said, "Oh are we to judge Cuba?" Um...there are many Cubans who hate their government and Castro and want to see it end. But Obama wants to sit back and go "Oh, we shouldn't judge." To me, that makes him dangerous.

Being tolerant is good. But we should be tolerant of the people, not the oppressors.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just saying Obama is a little too relativist. He seems to care more about being supposedly tolerant than helping oppressed people. At one point he basically said, "Oh are we to judge Cuba?" Um...there are many Cubans who hate their government and Castro and want to see it end. But Obama wants to sit back and go "Oh, we shouldn't judge." To me, that makes him dangerous.
Course, dropping a bomb on it's even worse :excited:

But then again, I always felt that Cuba and the US acted like snotty teenagers to each other since Castro. I mean, the US has made dealings with FAR worse countries (Don't even get me started on how much we owe China and what the heck is wrong with them).

I think that neither one is gonna be great, and I don't think the next president will be anything but a small transition for the next 4 years. look how much of a mess they have to try to clean up no matter who wins.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Course, dropping a bomb on it's even worse :excited:

I think that neither one is gonna be great, and I don't think the next president will be anything but a small transition for the next 4 years. look how much of a mess they have to try to clean up no matter who wins.
That proves to me that there is no such thing as a lesser of two evils. There's just wrong, and the other wrong.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...I KNEW those protractors had an EEEEEEEEEEEVIL agenda! RUN AWAY! SAVE YOURSELF!

Personally, I have this horrible feeling that, with all the people looking forward to this whole mess being over, we're just bound to end up with another Florida. I can see the nightmarish terror already... panic and chaos in the streets... looting... I'll be stocking up on food tomorrow and locking myself in my dorm room, just in case. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well no matter what happens, we technically don't really decide who becomes President. The electoral college does, supposedly based on our votes (ha).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well no matter what happens, we technically don't really decide who becomes President. The electoral college does, supposedly based on our votes (ha).
I think if anything, Obama may get those votes. Probably Democrat flavored Karma for 2000....

SSLFan

Reaction score
Lol. I wish I were old enough to vote.:big_grin:

But I really hope Obama wins, I really do. As 'Snowth and many others have said, we do not deserve another four years of Bush. And if McCain did become President and (God forbid) he died in office, you realize that Sarah Palin would become President? I honestly don't think she has much experience to lead a whole country.:smirk:

Bottom line is, we need change, and that is what Sen. Obama wants to bring to us. McCain however...well, another 4 years of the same Bush nonsense. America really needs to wake up and vote for a brighter future. Not saying who you should vote for, but as the thread's namesake says...Vote!

:insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bottom line is, we need change, and that is what Sen. Obama wants to bring to us. McCain however...well, another 4 years of the same Bush nonsense. America really needs to wake up and vote for a brighter future. Not saying who you should vote for, but as the thread's namesake says...Vote!
That's basically how I feel. I mean, I'm not expecting sweeping dramatic change, but we DO need to change the ruling party to get any sort of change at all.

And I think the Republican party needs a loss so they can go back, look at the last 8 years in Office, and the last time they were in power of Congress and see where their party went wrong. Hey, maybe listen to Ron Paul that wants to take the party out of the hands of the Neo-Cons that held it too long.

Plus, I'm sick and tired of making the same Bush jokes. They aren't HALF as fun or funny as Clinton jokes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I almost bought Obama's change stuff. Until he indulged in the same mud slinging all other politicans get into.