Walt Disney Treasures

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Oh I've been buying these DVDs myself, their pretty hard to find. But I love these and they truly are treasures I would say, so far I have....

On the Front lines
Mickey Mouse in Black and White volume two
The Chronological Donald volume three
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

I want to buy more soon, it's also like buying history lessons in pop culture.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh I've been buying these DVDs myself, their pretty hard to find. But I love these and they truly are treasures I would say, so far I have....

On the Front lines
Mickey Mouse in Black and White volume two
The Chronological Donald volume three
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

I want to buy more soon, it's also like buying history lessons in pop culture.
I agree. It's like being able to take a test but with stuff that's intrese yourself. Now that would be a test i could take.

1. What was the first cartoon Mickey Mouse star in?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think everyone knows the answer to this question, right? It was Steamboat Willie, right? I would have him as my avatar but I would be afraid that Disney would threaten to sue me. Seriously...:smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Actualy it was called "Plane Crazy" where he didn't have any speaking roles ever. Steamboat Willie was the first sound cartoon he was in.

Sorry William. You answer it wrong. Now to turn you into a rubber type of cartoon character. (whispers) That mean your whole body is made up to do whatever you want it to do. *pulls out wand* Hocus Pocus! Turn poor William into a cartoon made of rubber. *Poof*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I actually remember seeing "Plane Crazy" before!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I think everyone knows the answer to this question, right? It was Steamboat Willie, right? I would have him as my avatar but I would be afraid that Disney would threaten to sue me. Seriously...
As already mention that is actually wrong, :smile:, wacth more Disney treasures, :wink:.

But I hear what you're saying about Disney, they really are hardcore about sueing people to the people where it's like come on lighten up a bit. Actually by copyright law Mickey Mouse should be a character that is ok for everyone to use due to him being older than 75 years, however Disney put Mickey under the trademark law not copyright law, which means as long as Disney still using him as a symbol, which they do and always will, the he is still theirs. So in legal terms, Mickey Mouse is no better than the Nike or Pepsi logo, :smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just saw the New Goofy "how to" short! My brother got it from itunes for like two bucks and it was worth every penny! It, was, awesome!

zns

Reaction score
Yeah, the Goofy "How to Shorts" are a riot. I would like to find the Goofy set at an affordable price at some point. Anyway, I just got the "Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios" box set, so I should be recieving it in the mail soon. Now my list includes:

-Mickey Mouse in Black and White Vol. 1
-Mickey Mouse in Black and White Vol. 2
-Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 2
-Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios
-On the Front Lines
-The Chronological Donald Vol. 2
-Disneyland U.S.A.
-Your Host Walt Disney

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying some of these, but I already waste a lot of money on DVDs. (darn you, Looney Tunes!)

Could someone tell me, are they worth it to try and track down the Donald, Goofy, and possibly Mickey Mouse sets?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying some of these, but I already waste a lot of money on DVDs. (darn you, Looney Tunes!)

Could someone tell me, are they worth it to try and track down the Donald, Goofy, and possibly Mickey Mouse sets?
I would say so. The ones i have are;

-Mickey Mouse in Black and White Vol. 1
-Mickey Mouse in Black and White Vol. 2
-The Chronological Donald Vol. 1
-The Chronological Donald Vol. 2
-The Chronological Donald Vol. 3
-The Pluto Collection Vol. 1
-The Pluto Colletcion Vol. 2

But i'm still looking for Vols. 1&2 of the Color Mickey Mouse plus the Goofy one too. But i love them all.