Was Jim Henson an actual full fledged hippie?

pppapazo

Reaction score
I'm positive that they separated, but I can't say for sure that they were legally divorced.

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
OH no!!!they split up!

Im actually really disappointed....That was part of the whole idealism...I guess there is no idealism...and now I understand why they wont put out the "tell all" book--it might shatter the whole illusion.

But really...HOW do you know he was a womanizer---I really want to know this. :embarrassed:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I love the idea of Jim as a hippie!! As a hippie myself (well...) and Muppet fan it would be great to find out one of my heroes was more like myself than I thought.

christyb

Reaction score
yiieepyepyep said:
Im actually really disappointed....That was part of the whole idealism...I guess there is no idealism...and now I understand why they wont put out the "tell all" book--it might shatter the whole illusion.

But really...HOW do you know he was a womanizer---I really want to know this. :embarrassed:
Whoa there. Now don't go getting depressed on me. Jim was human like us all. Sure he wasn't an ideal we would have liked him to be. However, The Muppets and Jim Henson the person are two seperate things (linked together though). We really don't need to know everything that goes on. (It's probably better that way). Now back to the question: Here's what I've heard. Jim and Jane seperated but never got an offical divorce. (They remained great friends though) Jim did date though during their seperation. All of that's just rumor though. *flinches and waits for onslaught*

Beauregard

Reaction score
*enter onslaught stage left*

Dispite what you say, this news did come as a major let down to me, and, persumably, others.

christyb

Reaction score
You got me there. When I found out for the first time I was too disappointed. However, I respect Jim not for his personal life, but his work. So I look past all of that.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed. :frown: :cry: As for tell all book, are there any biogrophies out on Jim? I would love to read them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
There are none, except Jim Henson: the Works, and No Strings Attached, and they arn't really about him.