Was Jim Henson an actual full fledged hippie?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
That's exactly what I was looking for a tasteful way to say.
why the **** would you think such a thing let alone ask such a question? don't you have anything better to post about?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Don't you have anything better not to post about? Or would you rather a dictatorship where lil' Mikey always calls what's appropriate? It's a discussion of opinions Mike, if it bothers you, take a nap and don't post.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Actually, there are a number of biographies on Jim Henson. Maybe not the sort of biography people are looking for as they are written for kids but that isn't really a bad thing-- Jim Henson is a great person for kids to read about and the Henson family deserves a little privacy. Anyway, here are some bios (Amazon has a bunch):

Jim Henson: From Puppets to Muppets by Geraldine Woods

The Story of Jim Henson by Stephanie St. Pierre

Meet Jim Henson by Louise Gikow

Meet Jim Henson by Susan Canizares and Samantha Berger

Jim Henson by Leslie Gourse

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Despite the faults Henson had in his life, i still respect the man and what he did with Sesame Street, The Muppets, and other things. He's one of the most imaginative people in the Hollywood business. If he had problems with his wife, so what. If he was some sort of a hippie and did drugs, so what. A lot of people did stuff like that back int he 60's. Heck they even do it today. I still respect the man and what he did. The world would be different if he did not make the Muppets.

I've often said to myself that there are a few imaginative people out there that had visions that changed people's perceptions. Jim henson was one of them.

ryan

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
By the way...

By the way in my opinion (and this is what this kind of thing is about mike, people stating their opinions....) calling drugs and womanizing "faults" is also messed up. Now that I think about it I am just more interested in Henson....(maybe its because I might have wanted to be "womanized" by him....----I hope no one thinks THATS too inappropriat :embarrassed:......but Im sure a lot of women out there feel the same ).

They are not faults they just are what they are.

The reason I posted this question by the way in the first place is because of something I read in "the works". The piece about Joan Ganz Cooney being worried about the strange looking "HIPPIE" in the back of the room....for those who have not read it, the hippie was Henson and him and cooney hadnt met yet.

that was the first I heard about the subject and it created some questions in my brain...thats all.

Frogster

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Don't you have anything better not to post about? Or would you rather a dictatorship where lil' Mikey always calls what's appropriate? It's a discussion of opinions Mike, if it bothers you, take a nap and don't post.
Well put, old friend. Well put.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
yiieepyepyep said:
By the way in my opinion (and this is what this kind of thing is about mike, people stating their opinions....) calling drugs and womanizing "faults" is also messed up. Now that I think about it I am just more interested in Henson....(maybe its because I might have wanted to be "womanized" by him....----I hope no one thinks THATS too inappropriat :embarrassed:......but Im sure a lot of women out there feel the same ).

They are not faults they just are what they are.

The reason I posted this question by the way in the first place is because of something I read in "the works". The piece about Joan Ganz Cooney being worried about the strange looking "HIPPIE" in the back of the room....for those who have not read it, the hippie was Henson and him and cooney hadnt met yet.

that was the first I heard about the subject and it created some questions in my brain...thats all.
well to think he was a hippie is probably not all that bad but to suggest he was into drugs, and has no baisis for it is pretty fooish as far as i'm concernedthat's what i think is wrong.